Prediction Changes vs North (EF1: Saturday Sep 10 @ 7:10pm CST)

Any left-field inclusions on Saturday night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea.. I remember Blighty. I remember what he said in 1998, after our second and last premiership. He said that with the young players coming through, the sky was the limit (or something to that effect). Remind me how we finished in 1999.

Sure but Blighty didn't want to coach in 99. He recognised he was a shorter term 'impact'coach and did it reluctantly after a good deal of pressure. The results showed and Blighty was relieved when the year finished with his quote 'couldn't give a toss'. It's a tough job keeping the Crows up.

Have to disagree, sorry. I saw the SANFL today and the players we need to seriously consider are Knight and Milera. Class, good ball use AND PACE.

Grigg is a good solid SANFL player (with the emphasis on solid), he takes a step or two and has a good left foot. Wigg may make it yet but what he has is not what we are lacking. Knight and Milera do have what we are lacking which is pace and zip and line breaking potential. We need to add some fluidity, not a couple of slow inside midfielders. (Wigg may have outside pace but I didn't see it today.)
My original post was more a pisstake on selection and not rewarding players who have been in our bests all year. I totally agree with knight and milera in. Our selectors though :huh:

My original post was more a pisstake on selection and not rewarding players who have been in our bests all year. I totally agree with knight and milera in. Our selectors though :huh:
Knight and Milera would mean 5 changes, and I simply can't see us making 5 changes.

Realistically it will be 3 max.

Unless Seedsman plays a ripper in the SANFL next week I'd go Sloane, Smith and Milera/Knight.
Seedsman will be back in I reckon you can guarantee it. We missed his kicking skills badly.

Sloane is an automatic in. Smith is under care but you would expect the long break will almost see him an automatic in. Reports suggest Seedsman started running Thursday. Going by previous history Seedsman may play SANFL ( if he can) if not they may give him simulated training on the weekend and see how he goes. Otherwise he isn't an in.

I reckon theres a huge chance DMac drops out, the other 2 not so much.

What's the go with Seedsman? Seemed an innocuous knock and held back as a precaution more than anything. Hasn't set foot on the field for three weeks now?
Bruised buttock which was still bleeding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have thought it doubtful.
How so ?? He will play SANFL on Saturday to get a run and then be picked. It was glaringly obvious we missed the footskills of he and Smith.

Does anybody truly believe we will drop any of thompson, douglas or mackay?

Hendo:Mackay is 50:50 for mine. Hendo definitely outplayed him, but Mackay's been such a trier that they no doubt think that he deserves a chance to redeem himself from last year's disaster. Will be a fair bit of heat on the training track over the next couple of weeks.

How so ?? He will play SANFL on Saturday to get a run and then be picked. It was glaringly obvious we missed the footskills of he and Smith.

3 weeks out, only started running again on Thursday and him coming in would seem to require both Dmac and Hendo missing. Last time they were all fit and available, Hendo prevailed ahead of both and he only went out with an Achilles. I'm not convinced much has changed since then, especially enough that results in him unseating the other two from a SANFL performance. Even if Brown missed through injury, I'd think it's odds on that both Mackay and Hendo would stay.

I'd have Seed over Mackay in a heartbeat, 50:50 with Hendo, but our selectors see braveness as holding steady and backing the same group in to respond.

No.

There isn't the faintest chance.

Even next year I imagine all three will be there.

I think we'll see a minor freshen up in coaching staff which will freshen up selection policy. Although on the spectrum Blight to Neil Craig, Pyke remains a far greater likelihood to exist well past the centre towards the Neil Craig extreme. 4 years as an assistant at the highest level, half of it under Craig. There are some very similar selection and in-game philosophies so far. But I'm hopeful that's just him integrating with our dead wood assistants and director of football.

Not sure why everyone saying henderson shoyld be dropped was one of the crows best on friday!

Is everyone saying that? Reality is, without injury, Hendo remaining would likely be at the expense of Mackay. You can't possibly blame normal thinking posters from thinking there's a degree of unlikelihood of that occurring. But, yeh, anyone wanting him dropped on performance is looking through blind hatred spectacles.

3 weeks out, only started running again on Thursday and him coming in would seem to require both Dmac and Hendo missing. Last time they were all fit and available, Hendo prevailed ahead of both and he only went out with an Achilles. I'm not convinced much has changed since then, especially enough that results in him unseating the other two from a SANFL performance. Even if Brown missed through injury, I'd think it's odds on that both Mackay and Hendo would stay.

I'd have Seed over Mackay in a heartbeat, 50:50 with Hendo, but our selectors see braveness as holding steady and backing the same group in to respond.
Do you think so ? .....holding Mackay would be a real gamble based on Friday night :rolleyes:

Knight before Milera IMO

Knight has proven that he can perform in finals
On experience absolutely ......both are going to be excellent players ....think again too many forget how good Knight was last year & what attributes he brings to our side

Milera will be a champion of this club ......but it's year 1 and a long year for him ....but he's been freshened up and is ready & proven finals player

Back