Prediction Changes vs North (EF1: Saturday Sep 10 @ 7:10pm CST)

Any left-field inclusions on Saturday night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel there should be a minimum of 4 changes with Smith, Sloane, Seedsman and Knight into that team unless not fit. Brown and Jacobs worry me as well as Brown clearly has a groin problem and Jacobs does not look right.

No.

There isn't the faintest chance.

Even next year I imagine all three will be there.
You have to take everything year by year .....last years form counts for zilch this year, and this years form zilch for next year

Have some strong talent in the SANFL ......Greenwood, Knight, Milera, Menzel .....they'll play next year and someone will have to make way, whether that's thru injury or form

Hendo:Mackay is 50:50 for mine. Hendo definitely outplayed him, but Mackay's been such a trier that they no doubt think that he deserves a chance to redeem himself from last year's disaster. Will be a fair bit of heat on the training track over the next couple of weeks.

Deserves a chance because he is such a trier?

Please tell me that your not serious

I think we'll see a minor freshen up in coaching staff which will freshen up selection policy. Although on the spectrum Blight to Neil Craig, Pyke remains a far greater likelihood to exist well past the centre towards the Neil Craig extreme. 4 years as an assistant at the highest level, half of it under Craig. There are some very similar selection and in-game philosophies so far. But I'm hopeful that's just him integrating with our dead wood assistants and director of football.
All coaches are contracted ......and you carry on as if Craig was a disaster as a coach .....too many have spoken out in admiration of Craig & history shouldn't attempt to be re-written

Craig had a top team and a team that missed finals and was developing .......has Roo ever been critical of Craigs coaching style ? .....why then appoint a coach that was on Craigs panel and obviously influenced by Craigs football philosophies

All coaches take a bit from all coaches they've been associated with

He's not.

It will be interesting to see who 2 of the outs are. CEY would have to be one you'd think but the other 2 will be interesting. Hendo was one of few decent players Friday night so he SHOULD stay in.

Our refusal to drop underperforming senior players this season means there's every chance that Henderson will be dropped when Smith returns
And you refuse to accept that players individually make a team ....and the team was playing for top spot in an 18 team competition .....and still you're critical

He's not.

It will be interesting to see who 2 of the outs are. CEY would have to be one you'd think but the other 2 will be interesting. Hendo was one of few decent players Friday night so he SHOULD stay in.

Absolutely I had Hendo in our top 2 players

Yes, but they've shown that they won't drop certain other players no matter how badly they play, so if it's last in, first out rule as normal then he might get the flick.
Pyke is about team playing together as often as possible, so the team gels ......he has shown within the team, that he accepts that all players will have off weeks or periods, but has stuck fat ......the results can't be challenged & the age / experience profile has to be factored in

3 of the top 4 teams are the most experienced teams in the league ......we know about GWS

Next year though .....different team & this year counts for nought

That was me summing up the current selectors thinking. I'd have the golden haired, little trier out in a heartbeat if it's a choice between him and Hendo, or any other realistic option for that matter (seed, milera, knight). Constant failure when the heat is on. Seriously hope that playing him this year has put some value on his head again and we can ship him off for a 3rd rounder. If his contract was front loaded we might not even have to contribute any salary cap space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was me summing up the current selectors thinking. I'd have the golden haired, little trier out in a heartbeat if it's a choice between him and Hendo, or any other realistic option for that matter (seed, milera, knight). Constant failure when the heat is on. Seriously hope that playing him this year has put some value on his head again and we can ship him off for a 3rd rounder. If his contract was front loaded we might not even have to contribute any salary cap space.
My apology for missing the context....

I wonder if Knight and Hampton had been available all season would DMac have played so many games?

Sure but Blighty didn't want to coach in 99. He recognised he was a shorter term 'impact'coach and did it reluctantly after a good deal of pressure. The results showed and Blighty was relieved when the year finished with his quote 'couldn't give a toss'. It's a tough job keeping the Crows up.
I would have been happy for Blight to retire after 98 as the legend he is! Would much rather a coach who achieves what only Matthews and Clarko have managed in the modern era than a coach that did bugger all for 10 years and left us with the legacy of D'mac, Douglas and co such as one N Craig.

The club will back him in to regain form during the weekend off. Like they did earlier in the season after they dropped him.

I wonder if Knight and Hampton had been available all season would DMac have played so many games?

n3sopvD.png

All coaches are contracted ......and you carry on as if Craig was a disaster as a coach .....too many have spoken out in admiration of Craig & history shouldn't attempt to be re-written

Craig had a top team and a team that missed finals and was developing .......has Roo ever been critical of Craigs coaching style ? .....why then appoint a coach that was on Craigs panel and obviously influenced by Craigs football philosophies

All coaches take a bit from all coaches they've been associated with

Did I say or even imply that Craig was a disaster of a coach? But like most coaches, he had his strengths and weaknesses. What is largely accepted to be weaknesses of Craig is that he stubbornly stuck to pre-game plans, making little to no change on the run. Pyke stated that they did exactly that on Friday night despite West Coast seeming to have the answer to our existing game plan.

I'm merely pointing out that on the spectrum between chaos and over-rigidness, Pyke is so far showing signs that he is leaning towards Craig's degree of rigidness, which is generally accepted as being one of his weaknesses.

Obviously you'll post a picture or an emoticon or a few ..... and not address any points as you already did by straw manning me suggesting Craig was a "disaster of a coach". You really do have a problem with reading comprehension when you want to appear intellectual and tee off on posters.

Did I say or even imply that Craig was a disaster of a coach? But like most coaches, he had his strengths and weaknesses. What is largely accepted to be weaknesses of Craig is that he stubbornly stuck to pre-game plans, making little to no change on the run. Pyke stated that they did exactly that on Friday night despite West Coast seeming to have the answer to our existing game plan.

I'm merely pointing out that on the spectrum between chaos and over-rigidness, Pyke is so far showing signs that he is leaning towards Craig's degree of rigidness, which is generally accepted as being one of his weaknesses.

Obviously you'll post a picture or an emoticon or a few ..... and not address any points as you already did by straw manning me suggesting Craig was a "disaster of a coach". You really do have a problem with reading comprehension when you want to appear intellectual and tee off on posters.
I sincerely think you can't remember what you post over time ......so often you simply contradict an earlier post of your own

Pyke is about team playing together as often as possible, so the team gels ......he has shown within the team, that he accepts that all players will have off weeks or periods, but has stuck fat ......the results can't be challenged & the age / experience profile has to be factored in

3 of the top 4 teams are the most experienced teams in the league ......we know about GWS

Next year though .....different team & this year counts for nought
The problem with though is you're continually relying upon others to do the job while other blokes struggle. And if THEY then have an off night then there's no one there to pick up the slack.

Has "sticking fat" with Douglas helped the team, or him as an individual? We've still won, but it's been in spite of him, not because of him.

What exactly do people want to get out of this final series?

A respectable showing?

Or do some actually believe we can win the whole thing still?

Or do people just want to finish as high as we can?

I think the players mentality should be that they want to win every single game.

However, as a fan I don't believe we can win the whole thing and I don't really feel there's draft value in finishing high up the ladder.

If I was coach I'd role the dice and play those next generation players. Worst case we bomb out first round. We were never going to win it anyway and at least the players havr got a taste and we end up with a slightly better draft position. Best case the players suprise us and we progress.

Back