Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Burgess is better than Gollant, he shows very little and I don't think he makes a career.
The season is shot so why would continue to play him? He got his hand multiple times but dropped them and also flew for quite a few of them not in ideal position and brought the ball to ground.

Spots up for grabs you'd think. That was pretty dire.

Unfortunately when there are spots available our reserves seem to cough up their worst games possible.

I'll go Dowling <13 possessions and Pedlar <8 possessions and 0.2

Magden and Boyle 25+ each

We had 12 players who went into tonight’s game with less than 50 AFL games. Essendon had 6 sub 50 gamers. We were happy to let Jake the Snake go, they were happy to grab him.

A few of our inexperienced players struggled tonight but a bigger problem was the poor form of a few of our experienced players.

The Future; Michalanney, Worrell, Keane, Soligo, Rachele, Hinge and Nankervis (yes, he played a shocker tonight).

I have my doubts; Borlase, Hamill, Berry, Cook and Gollant but we need to use ‘em or lose ‘em by the end of the season.

Then there are the 50+ gamers who will not be part of the future. Some are near the finish line (Smith, Sloane) and others will always be fringe players (McHenry, Sholl, Murphy, Himmelberg). We can’t drop them all but we need to use the next 17 games wisely.

Hopefully Dowling, Pedlar and Curtin will bash down the door tomorrow.

Out - Berry (inj), McHenry, Cook, Hamill

In - Crouch, Pedlar, Dowling, Curtin

there is a real opportunity for Peds, Dowling, Curtin playing in the 2s tomorrow to demand selection next week.
Even if they have an outstanding game, I expect the changes to be

Crouch - Berry

We had 12 players who went into tonight’s game with less than 50 AFL games. Essendon had 6 sub 50 gamers. We were happy to let Jake the Snake go, they were happy to grab him.

A few of our inexperienced players struggled tonight but a bigger problem was the poor form of a few of our experienced players.

The Future; Michalanney, Worrell, Keane, Soligo, Rachele, Hinge and Nankervis (yes, he played a shocker tonight).

I have my doubts; Borlase, Hamill, Berry, Cook and Gollant but we need to use ‘em or lose ‘em by the end of the season.

Then there are the 50+ gamers who will not be part of the future. Some are near the finish line (Smith, Sloane) and others will always be fringe players (McHenry, Sholl, Murphy, Himmelberg). We can’t drop them all but we need to use the next 17 games wisely.

If you’re keeping Smith in the side, you just aren’t even watching the tripe he’s serving up week after week. A debutant would offer more.

The 4 ins are spot on, but Smith has got to go. Now. Forever.

we need to play the players we are confident in for the future, even if their current form might not warrant.

Curtin and Perlar must come in.

Ned McHenry and Brodie Smith need to go.

I think borlase is ok and is quite steady and dependable. But i agree with the rest of your comments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: McHenry

Did anyone else notice that his team mates don't want to give him the ball? There were a few times where he was free for a handball receive and they chose to ignore him, none more so than Rachele when he kicked that goal.

It simply staggers me how the coaching staff and selection committee can keep selecting him. He offers absolutely zero.

Good job he keeps shape well otherwise he'd be an ordinary footballer :drunk:

Did anyone else notice that his team mates don't want to give him the ball? There were a few times where he was free for a handball receive and they chose to ignore him, none more so than Rachele when he kicked that goal.

It simply staggers me how the coaching staff and selection committee can keep selecting him. He offers absolutely zero.

How is this group any different to Noble explaining that Wright and Mackay were performing non-statistical roles? We haven't changed one bit.

Yep

The players know

I bet they make jokes about his pre-match rev ups

Back