Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

From 8.38

''are you reluctant to blood new players?''

'' no not all and we wanna make sure we do that at the right time for the individual and for the team - so if a player from a lower level is ready to go they will come in to our side if they are ready AND LIVE THE VALUES WE NEED TO LIVE ''

What is that horseshit
Effing woke nonsense. Next he'll be giving every in the team a ribbon for competing..."it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game".

It's a shame we are playing the worst team in the league so early into the season

Even a slight pressure release right now is bad
Yep..

A win will be used by the fxxkwits at the club to justify their strange selection policy..

And it wont matter that its against the worst club of the past 3 years..

It will be sold as a “win against the best coach in a game held in Tasmania thats always a hard task as we have never had a great record there.. blah, blah, blah…”

It will justify picking the spud brigade for another week or two and justify picking solely from the “select 28” players identified at the end of the preseason.

A win this week will be yet another massive setback for the longterm outlook.

At this point we need loss after loss after loss. Its the only thing that will bring real change at the club.. and, given all these flogs running the show have clearly circled their wagons, even this doesnt guarantee change..

Again, as Laird confirmed only last week, what made him so good in the HB role previously is no longer possible with the 6-6-6 rules. He did say he may spend a small of time both there and forward, but his bread and butter is in the middle.
That makes no sense as it is only relevant after a goal.

It's a shame we are playing the worst team in the league so early into the season

Even a slight pressure release right now is bad

Yeah but if we lose to them or perform badly, the pressure cooker goes up to 100. If we were playing GWS away and got smashed people would just accept it for what it is.

Concerning. It's not even a question of his poor form on if he deserves straight back in, just if they think he can get through a game or not

How long was Soligo out that meant there was absolutely no way he could possibly be picked for a full game?
You don't need to play SANFL if you are a shape keeper. They are too important that we have to bring them straight back in. Soligo is not as important to our team so we eased him back in.

That makes no sense as it is only relevant after a goal.

Interesting so he couldn’t adjust his game, which was basically running around like an unregistered dog in the backlines. Whenever his opposition, which wasn’t often, put a hard tag on him he couldn’t shake it.

Sounds like the tail is wagging the dog yet again.

More spin from the fraud.

Honestly - just stop the bs Matthew. Every single player has something they need to work on. That isnt an excuse for not playing someone. While with Curtain I can maybe see the logic, and understand he was injured over preseason, for Dowling in particular there is ABSOLUTELY NO F*CKING REASON why he shouldnt be playing. We deserve to lose this week, and totally expect that we will. Sick of this club and its continually bs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again, as Laird confirmed only last week, what made him so good in the HB role previously is no longer possible with the 6-6-6 rules. He did say he may spend a small of time both there and forward, but his bread and butter is in the middle.
The middle is now his 1 wood, only problem is that he hits the ball like I do, a drunken hack who will hit the ball in the right direction 1 time out of 10

Melbourne playing Windsor, Saints playing Wilson, Dogs playing Sanders, Weagles playing Reid etc etc etc....

Imagine if they all got held back because "they have some things to work on... not living the values"

WTF is going on at the AFC.
Yep, I’m sure none of these kids are the complete package.

How can he sprout that s**t when we’ve got so many players in the firsts with deficiencies?

How can he sprout that s**t when we’ve got so many players in the firsts with deficiencies?
We all know the deficiencies are behind the glass window, tell me one player that doesn’t have things to work on, you’re sounding dumber every time you open your mouth Nicky’s, now we’ve seen what he is capable of with just a little heat on,it’s very clear he will only dream of a premiership

He can't. He is basically saying he knows best that even before untried players are given a chance they will still be worse than cooked/injured/out of form players. He is nostradamus/the oracle all rolled into one. Arent we lucky we have the oracle in our presence? I feel blessed we have this zen master.

Melbourne playing Windsor, Saints playing Wilson, Dogs playing Sanders, Weagles playing Reid etc etc etc....

Imagine if they all got held back because "they have some things to work on... not living the values"

WTF is going on at the AFC.
It’s not like Reid is the finished product either, his tank is still a question. The Eagles tried him off HB in pre season, but realised that didn’t work and has been in the midfield/forward area since. Even these elite talents like Reid and Curtin will have flaws in their game, but they can iron those out at AFL level, as Hardwick’s philosophy is.

I understand it could take some time with later picks, but those elite talents need to prioritized immediately when your club hasn’t made finals in 6 years.

How can the Bhagwan Nicks state in a media conference that Dowling has things to work on and that Curtin isn’t quite ready when the dynamic duo McFlurry and Smurphy have gotten to 65 and 101 games respectively???

Are they complete players? Their stats and their games would suggest otherwise.

Time for the hugging to stop!

And what’s the bet McFlurry will be on the end of some lucky ball somehow jag 3 and be in for the remainder of the year and then revert back to being the “Momentum killer”

Back