Prediction Changes VS Pitt Lane and Pole Position & NMFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Against Norf - don’t think we need to change anything, they are campaigners...

Must win inside ball otherwise Polec beats any of our wingers.

I’m really not sure what Bonner people were watching. Apart from the holding the ball incident in defensive 50 (I’ve always maintained that just like Byrne-Jones he’s s**t at actual defence and needs to push up the ground), these were his stats:

20 disposals at 80% DE, 11 pressure acts, 5 contested possessions, 5 inside 50s, 5 intercept marks and 4 score involvements

The best game I’ve seen him play in his career, because it was built on solid defensive work.

Yep, I agree with most posters who want one change - Leinert for Bonner. As for Robbie, does he need a week or two off? If so, rest him against the Roos & Pies and then bring him back for the Showdown. Replacement? Farrell or Trengove (the latter as a reward for his sanfl form) Amon??

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m really not sure what Bonner people were watching. Apart from the holding the ball incident in defensive 50 (I’ve always maintained that just like Byrne-Jones he’s s**t at actual defence and needs to push up the ground), these were his stats:

20 disposals at 80% DE, 11 pressure acts, 5 contested possessions, 5 inside 50s, 5 intercept marks and 4 score involvements

The best game I’ve seen him play in his career, because it was built on solid defensive work.
For me he set the tone early by not attacking the contest strongly and just hovering about. When I look at the replay I'll keep a closer eye on him and see if my opinion changes. If not: Bonner out, Lienert in.

I thought Bonner had a good game. He made one mistake HTB. Ken wont drop him.

Do we give Drew a spell and bring in Trengove?

He didn’t play bad, but all the kids will be rested at some point during the year, happened to SPP in 2016, vs Collingwood if I recall correctly

NAH, Drew stays as long as possible. Would play him on Cunnington this week, who is a genuine hard nut, part of the learning....

Planting my flag right now. I’ll never believe Robbie is incapable of tearing a game apart until he pulls up stumps for good. He might do it less frequently from now on, but he still has a match winning performance in his back pocket for us. Don’t count him out.

1 tackle. There were some weak efforts and it’s happened not just last night but over the last few games.

I think he started well and I agree with you that he looks better up the ground, but if he’s gonna be played in defence then he needs to stick those tackles and make them hurt.

Planting my flag right now. I’ll never believe Robbie is incapable of tearing a game apart until he pulls up stumps for good. He might do it less frequently from now on, but he still has a match winning performance in his back pocket for us. Don’t count him out.

Same I believe it’s still in there but I don’t think we’ll see it if he is in fact playing injured. If that’s the case let him rest and bring in Farrell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back