Prediction Changes VS Pitt Lane and Pole Position & NMFC

Remove this Banner Ad

its not hate for Sammy Gray, Amon was great the first two matches and played well in the twos... he would replace Sammy...

Amon has a better kick than Sam and is probably a bit quicker.
Sam is harder at the ball, reads the play better and has a knack of scoring a goal or 2.
On the last 2 weeks form Sam holds his spot .
The timing of Amons injury was unfortunate.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

S.Gray had a great SANFL game and deserved to be in the conversation for selection but he shouldn’t have come in at the expense of a tall. Not really his fault.

He then had a turd game, then an ok game where he kicked 3 but did little else and then had a cracker last night. If he continues playing like that he keeps his spot all year.

I would like to get Amon in but it’s harsh on anyone to go out after that. Really, Drew would be the player to come out as he is an inside mid playing as a utility.

S.Gray is a whipping boy and will get surpassed by the young guns coming through. He isn’t the most talented but has worked very hard to make something of himself and his work rate is excellent.

Don’t know how Dixon, Hartlett when fit, Motlop when back in form, along with players like Amon, Farrell, Lienert and Mayes are gonna fit in the side. Depth looks really good at the moment.
Yo-yo season:
- we look good;
- we're doomed;
- we look good...

Even after last week though I thought our depth looked great. It’s just who Ken picks and the mistakes on game day. On paper we look brilliant but we need to show it consistently on the field.
Last week, the Maggies looked great; not this one, though. It has been an wild season so far at both levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On form there are few players whose form puts them in the danger zone:

Bonner - somewhat better against WCE but shaky

Westhoff - pretty much invisible against WCE, and preceded by 2 shockers b4 that game. Wont be dropped.

Byrne Jones - probably a bit better against WCE, but questionable form.

Robbie Gray - wont be dropped.

Hinkley will make zero or one change.

Burton is far from safe. If Hartlett and Broadbent are back fit and firing, Houston would be the only one of the small/medium defenders who could feel safe.

There's absolutely no reason to drop Burton for either of those two players at the moment though. I'd like to see Hartlett back in particular but Burton doesn't deserve to give up his spot.

I would be surprised if Ken made any changes. He is totally rapt with last week's result.

BUT

The cynic in me says that the Ken we know will probably bring Motlop back in. Ken has love affairs with some players and they only need a few touches in the SANFL to find themselves back in AFL company. Steven had 30+ touches in the SANFL so Ken will be tempted, if not this week then almost certainly the following week against Collingwood.

Personally I would go with unchanged.

R5 was structurally, our best balanced side all season.
A fully fit Hartlett would most likely push out Bonner in the future.
Amon, Farrell, Mayes all unlucky.
The cold & wet conditions of June & July would be Trengoves best chance of getting a crack at it.

My only concern this week is that North have a lot of outside foot speed and I'm not sure Fridays team has the same top speed guys to keep pace with them if we don't win the inside ball. I would like to add another runner like Amon but I'm really not sure who you take out at this point. I would lean to omitting Drew in such an instance but he would be very stiff.

Burton is far from safe. If Hartlett and Broadbent are back fit and firing, Houston would be the only one of the small/medium defenders who could feel safe.
Bonner and DBJ are in that conversation long before they even think about Burton. He's absolute quality.

its not hate for Sammy Gray, Amon was great the first two matches and played well in the twos... he would replace Sammy...
This post just proves your Sammy hate. Amon had a good first game. So you reckon he had a great second game. Well I suppose he did for the five minutes he played and that possession ... wowee. I liked Amon from the first time he played in the twos, but your post is dribble. Sammy Gray played with an ankle problem in 2018. If he gets back to his 2017 form and kicks a few extra goals, he will be AA territory for his position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back