Prediction Changes VS Pitt Lane and Pole Position & NMFC

Remove this Banner Ad

We go in as overwhelmoing faourites.
I want us to be clinical, ferocious and ruthless, and blow these douche bags off the oval.
Forget the pressure of expectation - we need the mentality that we will win EVERY game we play, and tbat we expect to win the flag, and we will take it week by week and REVEL in being favourites.
I want swagger and indominatable self belief from the whole team.
I want us to PLAY like odds on favourites, not cower in the corner.
I want us to act like Port Adelaide.

One of the most frustrating calls in AFL is the 'holding the man' call on somebody who tackles a player and that player then drops the ball. Petrucelle essentially gets rewarded for fumbling. If he'd done the right thing and collected it cleanly then it's either a ball-up or HTB, but because he ****ed up and dropped the ball he gets a free goal instead. There's no justice.

Fumble should be classified as a possession, if you are not good enough to pick it up bad luck buttercup.

Plus it was solid in his hands and then he slipped it, IMO definitely HTB.

The other thing is that you can't win 13+ games where you had 40 more inside 50s and won by 8 goals. You've got to win tighter contests, you've got to be able to fight it out and produce in the clutch moments. There is a mountain of evidence to suggest we can't do that. Until we show we can, I'm not a believer.

This is spot on

I’m guessing if he still played for Hawthorn, he would have got a free kick for holding the ball, but someone needs to have a word with him that he’s at Port now.
Exactly. He's just spent two years playing AFL not being pinged for s**t like that, it's hard to unlearn when the rest of the game seemingly has remained the same.

One of the most frustrating calls in AFL is the 'holding the man' call on somebody who tackles a player and that player then drops the ball. Petrucelle essentially gets rewarded for fumbling. If he'd done the right thing and collected it cleanly then it's either a ball-up or HTB, but because he ****ed up and dropped the ball he gets a free goal instead. There's no justice.

I agree that the Burton one was frustrating but then we got a very similar one with Hurn tackling Marshall that gave Marshall his goal. Slightly different circumstances but in both cases the tackler was just unlucky and gave away a very costly free kick.

It's essentially the umpire saying that the tackle began before the tackled player had possession of the football, and hence the fumble was caused by the early tackle. The main frustration is (as you say) that on another day it could (and probably should) go the other way as a holding the ball.

How about a 60 point margin at half time that gets cut down to 35 by the end?

100+ points

..........and a 12 goal last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? There's no bad blood between Polly and us.

Because Polec is very good at football but he's also soft, therefore a) putting him off of his game should be doable and b) putting him off of his game is very important to us getting a good result.

Polec crumbles under physical pressure, Pittard crumbles under mental pressure. It should be a focus on ours to target their weaknesses, we should know those weaknesses better than anyone.

Polec crumbles under physical pressure, Pittard crumbles under mental pressure. It should be a focus on ours to target their weaknesses, we should know those weaknesses better than anyone.

So noogie one and name call the other?

Those two should be the last on our game planning. That's why we are better without them. Nullify Brown and his 300 metre run up and his midfield feed. He's really not that special. This is one of those games I expect us to win ugly. Don't care give me 4 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back