Preview Changes vs Port Adelaide - Rd 10, 2020 Mon @7:10

Remove this Banner Ad

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
mmm very stacked midfield...

How do you plan on giving inside minutes to all of Dunkley, Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Mclean?

Macrae to a wing, Bont/libba/mclean all up forward more? But surely Macrae is most valuable on ball?

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah I feel for him too. Must be hard getting paid 500k a year to play a few scratch matches.
download (2).jpeg

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Roarke is one of Bevo's favourites, is he? He averages about three games a season so I'm not sure where you got that idea. You don't think Dixon would monster Trengove? I'd be confident that Dixon would kick eight minimum on Trengove. Ryan Gardner would keep him to six.

If I said something was black you say it was white.

Trengove 197 cms 97 kgms
Charlie 200 cms 107 kgms
Keath will play on him 197 cms 93 kgms

So Trengove would give him 10 kgms, Keath will be giving 14 kgms rest my case. Not sure what Gardner has got to do with anything.

I would not be the first person to say Roarke has been gifted some games by Bevo.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
mmm very stacked midfield...

How do you plan on giving inside minutes to all of Dunkley, Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Mclean?

Macrae to a wing, Bont/libba/mclean all up forward more? But surely Macrae is most valuable on ball?

We have one key forward.

Imagine Bont will play almost exclusively forward (looks sore of late).
Macrae, Dunkley Smith and Libba to take the bulk of midfield work (Dunkley might get less minutes due to lack of game time).
McLean probs stuck at half forward.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We have one key forward.

Macrae, Dunkley Smith and Libba to take the bulk of midfield work (Dunkley might get less minutes due to lack of game time).
B. Smith looked stuffed to so may get reduced minutes or extra time forward

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We have one key forward.

Interesting, do think you guys have a dilemma where Macrae offers a lot of strengths and points of different around the ball, but arguably the team is potentially better with him on a wing (not saying it necessarily is). Same goes with Bont forward too I guess.

Hard to see both Libba and Dunkley playing significant midfield minutes tho, maybe libba can play as more of a pressure forward that comes to the ball? Similar to how we have Crisp playing CHB but approaches the contest after the centre bounce from behind the ball?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bullish23

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Roarke smith is........not good.

That is all.

Maybe but at least he doesn’t;
1. Attempt to mark on a lead one handed. Repeatedly.
2. Continually fumbles below his knees.
3. If miraculously takes possession proceeds to miss a handball target 1.5 metres away.

That’s the rubbish we’ve had to put up with the past two weeks so anything is an upgrade on that.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
If I said something was black you say it was white.

Trengove 197 cms 97 kgms
Charlie 200 cms 107 kgms
Keath will play on him 197 cms 93 kgms

So Trengove would give him 10 kgms, Keath will be giving 14 kgms rest my case. Not sure what Gardner has got to do with anything.

I would not be the first person to say Roarke has been gifted some games by Bevo.

Good point. I didn't realise Trengove had that extra four kilograms on Keath. Here I was thinking they were going to play a game of football but clearly they're just going to wrestle, in which case skill and intelligence are irrelevant.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seems pretty obvious Trengove was brought in last week purely to give English a break, was never part of the long term plan.
Trengove is one of our strongest off-field leaders, is versatile, and could be extended for fairly cheap if he decides to stay. He's not going to be best 22 at the Dogs ever again, but he's far from the worst depth to keep around. I hope he remains with the club after this year

Glaeken Oracle

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’ll always remember where I was when I heard Gowers was dropped after successive negative games.
Alas poor Billy, I knew him, Bevo.........

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
$5 for Port to win by 40+ is great value

i dont get all this pessimism.

its a home game for us, we're expected to win, it would solidify our position. there's nothing more certain than a bulldogs win. ken has 8 years of history behind him. we simply do not win these games.

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Knew either Trengrove or Mclean would be made the scapegoat. There is no way Trengrove was the worst player last week... There were about 16 ahead of him. Just disgraceful...
The only thing I can think of is he makes us too slow!

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm assuming those that think Trengove should be in our side, also think our list is very, very ordinary at the moment. Only possible way he'd be best 22.

If Naughton was available then Trengrove wouldn't be in my team. I'd have him in otherwise.

If we had to have 5 talls (English, Keath, Cordy, Bruce, counting Naughton as an injury) then Trengrove as the 5th. Wouldn't have any of Schache, Le Young, Gardner etc ahead of him.

dogz

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did Schache play the scratch match or still have concussion?
Would love to see him return. Just needs a confidence boost and some rounds with Barry Hall in the boxing ring.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
i dont get all this pessimism.

its a home game for us, we're expected to win, it would solidify our position. there's nothing more certain than a bulldogs win. ken has 8 years of history behind him. we simply do not win these games.
TBH, considering we're going in as huge underdogs, we may have a chance here. We may even stick it right up to Brisbane in our next game.

Then the one after that, we will lose by 40+ to Adelaide. It's the Bulldog way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back