ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Las Vegas Raiders
What’s XON done so wrong that he’s now behind Ainsworth?

Isn’t it more about making sure that O’Neill gets a game either way?

I could be wrong, but Ainsworth will be held back right up until game time in case of any injuries in the warm up. And the Beagles will be finished by then.

Can I clarify if we play a 6 man forward line or 7?? JK, JD, OA, JJ, Crippa, Ryan. not to mention resting ruck or mid to rotate. so where does the Langdon/Petch/Ah Chee role fit in?? are they rotation or full-time forward pocket?? I am a little confused, perhaps you could clear that out for me since you watch them train.

Since 2018 we’ve followed a 7-8-7 model albeit somewhat loosely at times

That means 7 defenders, 8 mids including 2 rucks and 7 forwards.

For the most part, forwards forward, mids mid and backs back - so it means we play a 6 man forward line with a 7th on the bench for rotations

It doesn’t always work out exactly like that but it serves as a handy guide for me when looking at team selection

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
People make Port out to be terrifying!?
The worst that can happen is we lose..no biggie.
In the history of the Eagles, we've lost the odd game before,
we've also been in finals for long spells and won a few cups.
Who knows, we might win in a cliffhanger?
Hold the line gentlemen.
I'm with you mate. For all these teams that are playing well, they have to have been shite for a while to able to draft all these stars. There is a negative part to our success and concistency

Hasn't Langdon kept his spot and Ah Chee is out?

Ah ffs, you’re right. This stupid sub named but not really named thing is doing my head in.

Ah Chee was the sub so was technically named last week, meaning he’s an out.

Langdon played but will be the sub meaning he isn’t technically an out.

New faces: Shuey, Brander, Petch
Will not feature: Exxon, Vardy, Ah Chee (didn’t feature last week either despite “playing”)
Sub: Langdon

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Ah ffs, you’re right. This stupid sub named but not really named thing is doing my head in.

Ah Chee was the sub so was technically named last week, meaning he’s an out.

Langdon played but will be the sub meaning he isn’t technically an out.

New faces: Shuey, Brander, Petch
Will not feature: Exxon, Vardy, Ah Chee (didn’t feature last week either despite “playing”)
Sub: Langdon
It's almost if they brought the rule in within a few days of the season starting and didn't have time to work out the logistics of it

Turning point was round 17 against Collingwood in 2019 that 1 point loss.
We need a serious kick up the backside and sort out our hard ball gets and contested possessions because it hasn't been addressed for years. Not sure what the coaches are doing. Also I agree with the above comment Hinkley will be eating a sandwich tomorrow night.

On CPH1921 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Port Adelaide rank first in footy for contested possessions (151 per game).

Tonight: West Coast Eagles 152 contested possessions. Port Adelaide 135.

Hinkley was eating a s**t sandwich served fresh by Adam Simpson. Did you enjoy the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back