Prediction Changes vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What cracks me up about this thread is the number of people who would take DP over Sutty as an in.
Of course half of those laughs are directed in my own direction. I’d take DP over most of our ins this week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just to give these selections some context, Ross did say in his Wednesday press conference they were severely limited at selection due to the number of injured players and wanting to get games into younger players.

I must have been the only one who thought Jones was a solid contributor against Adelaide?

Meanwhile what the s**t are those other changes? Might not go.

Is anything we do at the selection table this week going to beat Port? Answer: No

Move along...
We're beating them with mind games.

Hinkley: "Who the **** is this Jones guy?"

Voss: "No idea sorry. We had no clue he was even on the radar to come in for them"

Hinkley: "This Nyhuis kid looks a dangerous forward, kicked 4 goals on debut"

Voss: "Yeah we better get our defence sorted to cover him"

(Lyon: "Ha ha ha ha, they think Nyhuis is a forward, my plan is working)

Is anything we do at the selection table this week going to beat Port? Answer: No

Move along...

Because winning this week is the only thing that matters amiright? Screw player development and our future best 22, we can't win this week so let's just throw darts at a board.

Great to see Sutcliffe get a game.
Hopefully he makes a few people eat their words o_O

On the team sheet, Port line-up looks imposing forward of centre with Rockliff, Boak, Gray, Wingard and Dixon. Marshall (missing) was their leading goalkicker in Round 1, but I kind of remember that he got a couple of soft ones. There was no pressure last time with the way they ran in into their forward line. Their half backs that had a feast of the ball with Bonner and Byrne-Jones getting 31 and 28 possessions.

I suppose we've picked quite a few defensive options (Hughes, Nyhuis, Sutcliffe) so there's always s chance we might frustrate them enough that they don't have enough time left to go for the percentage boost. Thinking Sutcliffe might be there to add a bigger body around the midfield but probably in a negating role.

We've got some run with B.Hill, Langdon, Sheridan, Giro, S. Hill, Wilson, the latter two to give us some good ball use along with Walters, Neale, Mundy,Ryan, Cerra ---hmm, its starting to look reasonable, but I can't convince myself that we aren't stuffed.

Who is supposed to be doing the preview thread this week?

I agree it is starting to look reasonable but it will be in a couple years time when they have played more games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brennan Cox was doing bugger at all at Peel before coming in. McCarthy no better or worse, I don’t see the issue with bringing McCarthy in. Not at all. He should of been bought in last week.

Yeah could use some extra forward nouse.

I liek Jones as a deep forward. We looked quite good when he was playing FF.
He knows how to lead and where to go and he busted a few packs, bringing the ball to ground

Still quite a bit to watch.

- How Darcy goes against the reigning AA ruckman.
- Ross mentioned Cerra should get some more mid time.
- AP and Hamling against Dixon/Watts shpuld be a good battle.
- Cox and Jones letting McCarthy play as the 3rd tall.
- S Hill in the misfiels again.
- B Hill and Langdon learning to play alongside each other.
- Wilson has his dash back, can Ryan pick up after a quite two weeks?

Is Apeness sore or something? that is a very puzzling omission ,playing him in the forward line is what we desperately need. Lyon has completely lost the plot.

Brennan Cox was doing bugger at all at Peel before coming in. McCarthy no better or worse, I don’t see the issue with bringing McCarthy in. Not at all. He should of been bought in last week.

I tend to agree given be has been playing all over the place.

But don't get dropping Apeness? Jones to FF then? Surely playing Cam and Cox only is not conducive to either playing well.

The fear with bringing in McCarthy after zero form is what if he does stuff all in this first game back? Does he get 2-3 games or does he go back to the WAFL? This cycle could damage him. You hope his time away he’s worked on things and on the track. My money is on him doing SFA tomorrow. Then he becomes a player at the crossroads.

This isn’t a have no confidence in him vibe. It’s the reality. If he can’t demonstrate another level at WAFL I just don’t get what he’s going to do at AFL at this point of his season.

I’ll call it right now. Less than 10 touches and maybe a goal.

Then he’ll get hammered in media.

Apeness never completed a full pre-season ever and a history of injuries.

Harder for him to back up and needs to be managed I would have thought.

Strange that they just didn't say that if that was the case (like they did with Tucker). Will be interesting if he is playing for Peel or the emergency (resting)

Why? McCarthy can play the third tall role

Jones as FF then? I dunno I just don't get why we would do that. Jones is never going to be that, why aren't we keeping on with Apeness there? Of course he's dead again now so bit of a moot point.

Jones as FF then? I dunno I just don't get why we would do that. Jones is never going to be that, why aren't we keeping on with Apeness there? Of course he's dead again now so bit of a moot point.

I liked Jones at FF. He has a better forward craft than Apeness.
By that I mean o like the he presents. He leads to the right spots. Rather than just relying on the pack mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because winning this week is the only thing that matters amiright? Screw player development and our future best 22, we can't win this week so let's just throw darts at a board.
Maybe I didn't quite make myself clear enough. I was being sarcastic as in we don't have much to bring in due to age, form and injuries. There is no sense getting in an uproar when 'bizarre' choices are made, I expect many more of them for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back