Preview Changes vs Port Pirie Power...

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you saying he can't run out a game of football? How do you measure that other than running out a game of football?

I watched a replay of the Norwood match and he was fantastic, getting better and better as the match wore on. There were no tank problems on view there. I lost count of the times the rustic commentators actually said "that was great play by McHenry there!" during the match. I reckon that he was joking about the "improving the tank" comments from the coaches, or maybe it was just another example of Campo having no idea. ;)

Have you ever seen Ned play ?? I doubt it.

YEs I go to the SANFL every week if you must know, and I am aware how well the SANFL players play in the SANFL but simply aren't quite good enough to play AFL.

However McHenry is young and will take time to develop like all AFL players, can you remind me how G ablett, Fyfe, Judd, Dangerfield, Sloane, Bontempelli, R Gray, W Carey, Buddy, Dusty, Pendlebury, Selwood, Mitchell, Hodge, all played in their first year, I could name a number of other superstars who didn't do anything great at all and probably cost their team onfield but development was important. And those that I have named are the elite of the elite, will Jones and Mchenry get to that level, who knows

I actually want McHenry, Fog, Jones, Pohlkoke HImmelberg Murphy in the team for the above reason and we aren't in the window ATM, so its not to win games but to see if they have what it takes and develop them not all will make it as we know 50% of draftees fail, but lets find out

YEs I go to the SANFL every week if you must know, and I am aware how well the SANFL players play in the SANFL but simply aren't quite good enough to play AFL.

However McHenry is young and will take time to develop like all AFL players, can you remind me how G ablett, Fyfe, Judd, Dangerfield, Sloane, Bontempelli, R Gray, W Carey, Buddy, Dusty, Pendlebury, Selwood, Mitchell, Hodge, all played in their first year, I could name a number of other superstars who didn't do anything great at all and probably cost their team onfield but development was important. And those that I have named are the elite of the elite, will Jones and Mchenry get to that level, who knows

WTF?

Bont, Selwood, Dusty were all brilliant in their first years and occasional match winners.

Really Richmond were going trying to trade Dusty before his last contract, come on stop talking rubbish

6 brownlow votes, played 21 games, kicked 11 goals, never had less than 15 touches despite playing half the season forward.

Good season for a midfielder objectively, let alone for one playing their first year.

6 brownlow votes, played 21 games, kicked 11 goals, never had less than 15 touches despite playing half the season forward.

Good season for a midfielder objectively, let alone for one playing their first year.

And bonts didn't make the top 10 of the bulldogs, and averaged 15 touches a game and you say he was brilliant

WOW

Your kidding Richmond were happy to see him go in 2013, he had a bad season in 2012

"Following the conclusion of Richmond's season, Martin began a highly publicised test of the market for his playing services as he came out of his second AFL contract. To that stage he had already rejected all of Richmond's early contract offers"

My Point it takes time to develop players, play them develop them but don't expect a lot

Lol, because he missed out on footy with injury. The games he played were largely bery good.

Is this like the Doedee/Burton thing for you?

Its a development thing

Seriously do you think Mchenry and Jones will come in and do what Sloane and Crouch can do every week

They wouldn't be able to replicate the output of Mackay

But that's not saying they are crap, 18 year olds will take time to develop like Fog last year, it was good development but his contribution was limited as was Jones in his first 4 games, but it will happen over time

Your kidding Richmond were happy to see him go in 2013, he had a bad season in 2012

"Following the conclusion of Richmond's season, Martin began a highly publicised test of the market for his playing services as he came out of his second AFL contract. To that stage he had already rejected all of Richmond's early contract offers"

My Point it takes time to develop players, play them develop them but don't expect a lot

... His first season was 2010

That he rejected contract offers from Richmond and tested the market only speaks to how highly he was rated on the basis of his first 3 seasons.

I watched a replay of the Norwood match and he was fantastic, getting better and better as the match wore on. There were no tank problems on view there. I lost count of the times the rustic commentators actually said "that was great play by McHenry there!" during the match. I reckon that he was joking about the "improving the tank" comments from the coaches, or maybe it was just another example of Campo having no idea. ;)

Ha isn’t this the guy that beats Sam Walsh and everybody in our team in all the running, and runs 30kms for fun.
He was born with a tank

Pick one.

Neil craig and you would get on so well on choosing athletes for his team

Thats how he chose teams

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maaaaaaaate you could not find a more natural footballer in the whole of the AFL than Neddy, he lives and breathes football. Silly comment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really Richmond were going trying to trade Dusty before his last contract, come on stop talking rubbish
They weren't trading him because he wasn't a good player.

I actually want McHenry, Fog, Jones, Pohlkoke HImmelberg Murphy in the team for the above reason and we aren't in the window ATM, so its not to win games but to see if they have what it takes and develop them not all will make it as we know 50% of draftees fail, but lets find out
Selwood played in a flag in his first year, Pendles and Hodge played very good footy too.

It's ok to admit you have no idea, most of us already know that.

Selwood played in a flag in his first year, Pendles and Hodge played very good footy too.

It's ok to admit you have no idea, most of us already know that.

This is hilarious

How was Fogs first year????????

Not saying hes a hack but it takes time

How was Sloanes How was Dangers How was Tex How was Talia How was both Couches

Come on face facts it takes time then you have the 50% of draftees who don't make it, it happens

This is hilarious

How was Fogs first year????????

Not saying hes a hack but it takes time

How was Sloanes How was Dangers How was Tex How was Talia How was both Couches

Come on face facts it takes time then you have the 50% of draftees who don't make it, it happens
Learn some punctuation and come back to me.

Talia couldn't get a game with some guns ahead of him, Crouch was fantastic, Tex
kicked 3 in his first year and was a rising star nom in his first year.

Try again.

Its a development thing

Seriously do you think Mchenry and Jones will come in and do what Sloane and Crouch can do every week

They wouldn't be able to replicate the output of Mackay

But that's not saying they are crap, 18 year olds will take time to develop like Fog last year, it was good development but his contribution was limited as was Jones in his first 4 games, but it will happen over time

Mackay doesn't have any meaningful output to replicate.

Learn some punctuation and come back to me.

Talia couldn't get a game with some guns ahead of him, Crouch was fantastic, Tex
kicked 3 in his first year and was a rising star nom in his first year.

Try again.

Just because you get a nom in rising star so what

They were developing they weren't anything great and for bonts example, he was getting on average 15 possies a game lucky Bulldogs weren't challenging, they could develop.

Bring in the youngsters I say, but please this rubbish that they will propel us to a premiership this year is utter garbage, bring them into develop them. Not because they will offer more output than the senior players, they wont, all AFL clubs know it, apart from overating Adelaide BF posters.

Face some reality please

By the way the second one you highlighted was from an article, Richmond offered $500k he wanted $600k Richmond said cant justify it. He did have a poor 2012, as I said it takes time to become a gun

So Richmond were happy to see him go while at the same time offering him $500k a year to stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back