Preview Changes vs Port Pirie Power...

Remove this Banner Ad

So pure assumption is now being used as incontrovertible truth. I like it.
Given he played R1 and Mackay was coming in for Seedsman I wouldn't say it's pure assumption.

Fact of the matter is we did play him, and we have played plenty of kids. It's a common misconception that we don't.

Or are we filing that along with your failed "Don is incapable of change" theory.

Given he played R1 and Mackay was coming in for Seedsman I wouldn't say it's pure assumption.

Fact of the matter is we did play him, and we have played plenty of kids. It's a common misconception that we don't.

Or are we filing that along with your failed "Don is incapable of change" theory.

Why was Mackay coming in for Seedsman? Mackay came in the first week that he was deemed fit. You're guessing that he wouldn't have played anyway. You do know that we shuffle to keep experience in, it's how we've rolled for years.

We did drop Gibbs and then JJ, so there are green shoots. But the post that identified the 3 ways that a younger player can get in the side remains correct.

Re Don, love that he's gone down to the ground which is a pretty significant change up. Love that EH has held his spot, that's a bit of a change, but then Don did back himself into a corner with his comments, when dropping Gibbs, that we're a performance based industry. Everything mentioned since then has indicated that they want JJ's return to remain on the cards regardless of that statement. Still, he remains out for now, albeit it 'injury' related for the present. As I've said in the past, I remain hopeful, but I'm not confident. The Sauce and Dougie situations will be the test. Historically, taking into account current age, I'd expect 1 or 2 in the SANFL max. Possibly even Sauce straight in. If these 2 don't get an AFL call up after 2 loosener upperers, then I'll start to turn the confidence corner. Bear in mind that club staff make up rubbish that supports senior player recalls when it comes to SANFL performance.

Why was Mackay coming in for Seedsman? Mackay came in the first week that he was deemed fit. You're guessing that he wouldn't have played anyway. You do know that we shuffle to keep experience in, it's how we've rolled for years.
Given ports injury listed ... Guess tried and true will get the points. Ive not seen a lot of Jones does he give much outside run?

It is, but there's been subtle changes this year that give me reason to believe that wouldn't have happened. We knew Jones was playing early in the week, and Seedsman hurt his finger at training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did drop Gibbs and then JJ, so there are green shoots. But the post that identified the 3 ways that a younger player can get in the side remains correct.

Re Don, love that he's gone down to the ground which is a pretty significant change up. Love that EH has held his spot, that's a bit of a change, but then Don did back himself into a corner with his comments, when dropping Gibbs, that we're a performance based industry. Everything mentioned since then has indicated that they want JJ's return to remain on the cards regardless of that statement. Still, he remains out for now, albeit it 'injury' related for the present. As I've said in the past, I remain hopeful, but I'm not confident. The Sauce and Dougie situations will be the test. Historically, taking into account current age, I'd expect 1 or 2 in the SANFL max. Possibly even Sauce straight in. If these 2 don't get an AFL call up after 2 loosener upperers, then I'll start to turn the confidence corner. Bear in mind that club staff make up rubbish that supports senior player recalls when it comes to SANFL performance.
I was at the SANFL game Friday night, it's pretty clear the coaches weren't happy with JJ so even if fit he wasn't coming in this week.

EH is going to have to put in a stinker to get dropped I think.

I was at the SANFL game Friday night, it's pretty clear the coaches weren't happy with JJ so even if fit he wasn't coming in this week.

EH is going to have to put in a stinker to get dropped I think.
JJ get paid a bit ... lot of money to park in SANFL. Bet he comes back first stinker or when. EH needs rest. Does Carlton need a power fwd in jj?

JJ get paid a bit ... lot of money to park in SANFL. Bet he comes back first stinker or when. EH needs rest. Does Carlton need a power fwd in jj?
He'd be on 400K or so, that's less than a few playing in reserves footy around the place.

I don't agree with your ranking.

I think people who are out of form who have upside might still be preferable to players who aren't very good (even 'in form'), and have none.

I mean, let's not overstate this. David Mackay 'in form' means he's played two passable games this year. It doesnt mean he's one of our better players.

Fair call

Remove this Banner Ad

Back