Preview Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Out - Young (needs a rest), Dale.

In - Morris (if fit) saw something in Bevo's pressed that there's a chance? If not, Roberts. JJ (if fit).

Cloke or Redpath also a chance to go. Hard to say which one, probably Redpath.

If we lose to Port I'll be as pissed off as when we lost to West Coast twice. Both are awful teams.

I just wonder if Young needs a week off, baptism of fire and all.

Gusty conditions as well, so happy to go a bit smaller potentially.

Out Libba, Young, Cloke

In: Lipinski, Boyd, JJ

Out: Libba, Wallis
In: JJ, Moyd

JJ to play 60% forward, 40% wing
Moyd deserves a farewell game or 2 before others are handed games

There is surely no chance that Wallis plays. Can't go dropping Webb after one stinker and let a more senior player stay in after that sort of output. Libba probably stays for balance but wouldn't blame them for dropping him too

Out: Young, Wallis, Dale, Redpath

In: JJ, Morris, Boyd, Roberts

Wouldn't be against trying Red in defence if he was to stay instead of Fletch but feel as though Fletch just has to play.

Libba and Wallis would have to be looked at...

Its the age old question. They are so similar in style that you have to wonder if you can carry both in the same side? On form I would suggest that we can afford to carry neither.

Out: Redpath, Dunkley
In: Roberts, Johannisen

B: Young Roberts Biggs
HB: Johannisen Cordy Suckling

R: Roughead Bontempelli Macrae
C: Daniel Liberatore Hunter

HF: Dahlhaus Stringer Murphy
F: Picken Cloke Dickson

I: Williams McLean Wallis Dale

- Young was poor but without Morris and Wood I think he needs to stay and play that 3rd tall/loose man role.
- Probably only room for one of Redpath and Cloke next week in windy Ballarat. I think Cloke is offering more at present and stays in for mine.
- Liberatore still isn't close to getting back to his old self but with a must win game coming up, I'm keeping him in and praying he gets back in form. Wallis had a stinker this week but I think his form has been decent over the season.
- Dunkley struggled on his return game and usually I'd keep him in for a few week s but someone needed to miss to fit JJ in.
- Happy for MBoyd to come in for someone, we missed experience in defense.

Dunno why the Doggies recruited Cloke, he was cooked two years ago, which is why we traded him.

Certainly wasn't cooked physically. Seems like the game has passed his play style more than anything. He can do well some weeks, not so well other weeks.

We recruited him because he was free. There was no downside for another dirt cheap contract and useless pick we didn't want.

Out - Young (needs a rest), Dale.

In - Morris (if fit) saw something in Bevo's pressed that there's a chance? If not, Roberts. JJ (if fit).

Cloke or Redpath also a chance to go. Hard to say which one, probably Redpath.

If we lose to Port I'll be as pissed off as when we lost to West Coast twice. Both are awful teams.
We are awful ourselves

Any skill errors or unaccountably shown and we'll get hammered

Sick and tired of the out the back goals happening which are collectively down to both players and coaches fault (as ranted on earlier in the season).

Our defence is severely weakened currently by injury, why aren't we adopting more defensive mechanisms that we did well last year to help our backline out? Gia and King out of their depth imo.

Dunno why the Doggies recruited Cloke, he was cooked two years ago, which is why we traded him.
From my view in the stands, he performed much better than Redpath last night

I'd be keeping him in the team for structure as Boyd is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it was his first game back from injury and he'll probably get another run next week but I'm dead set getting sick of rubbish performances from Stringer. He was my favourite player in his early years but it just seems like 50% of his games these days are genuine negatives to the team.

He hasn't dominated or taken any game by the scruff of the neck this year (bar St. Kilda) and I just don't know what the solution is. His goalkicking is pretty disgusting and some of his efforts in the air are often similar. Hard to watch sometimes.

I know it was his first game back from injury and he'll probably get another run next week but I'm dead set getting sick of rubbish performances from Stringer. He was my favourite player in his early years but it just seems like 50% of his games these days are genuine negatives to the team.

He hasn't dominated or taken any game by the scruff of the neck this year (bar St. Kilda) and I just don't know what the solution is. His goalkicking is pretty disgusting and some of his efforts in the air are often similar. Hard to watch sometimes.

give him a break he is still a young player, he is yet to peak
interrupted season

he is the cream on the cake type of player

give him a break he is still a young player, he is yet to peak
interrupted season

he is the cream on the cake type of player
I think that's being a little generous. He was amazing in 2015 and has gone a long way backwards since then. His permanent fixture in the team should be questioned because if he's not kicking goals like he has been, then he's offering us basically zero.

I think that's being a little generous. He was amazing in 2015 and has gone a long way backwards since then. His permanent fixture in the team should be questioned because if he's not kicking goals like he has been, then he's offering us basically zero.
highest goal kicker last season, and he wasnt dominant also

he will become a powerhouse in a year or two, cant trade him off yet

Out: Libba, Young, Red
In: Roberts, Honey, Smith (JJ if fit)

Can't afford games like Young had. Libba just doesn't have it this year. We are too inflexible, big and slow with both Red and Cloke. Cloke is slightly less s**t and inflexible than Red and stays. While Honey's disposal is disgraceful at least he has a crack unlike Libba it seems

I can't believe I am wanting two of my four least favourite players at the club in but when you have a shed load of injuries and guns like Libba serving up s**t like that what choice do you have.

Last edited:

Agree.

Having a crack and going when you have to go are non negotiables. Not sure Stringer meets them often. He clearly shirks aerial contesting.

Disappointing, I think he has more talent than Bont but about 1% of Bont's courage and application.

Dixon scares me next week. I love Cordy but there's a certain type of player he's not suited to, giving up 6-7cm and 10kg and that's Dixon. We saw that in bits last night too with Patton. I'd give a bit of faith to Fletcher next week.

It'll be hard for any promotions with no VFL game.

Out: Young (good start to his career, work on getting stronger in the offseason), Libba, Dunkley

In: Roberts, Morris, JJ

OUT: Wallis has to go out, his form hasn't been up to scratch this year. He seems down on confidence, as stint in the 2s isn't going to hurt especially a guy like him who is hungry to succeed it might be the right kick up arse that is needed.

Goal Kicking yips, for christ sake we need to address this.

IN: Give me more BONT'S. His ball use around the ground was the best I have seen from him, stood up to the occasion unfortunately not too many others did.

People calling for Cloke to be out have to be kidding, that was his best game for us last night, presented well, in fact the only one presenting in our forward line.

To me a dominating game from Stringer is like the female orgasm ...... I will only believe it when i see it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back