List Mgmt. Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I know, but it doesn’t stop you playing the role still.

Indeed it could be the MC. Happy to replace Simpson with MC in all of my previous posts.

Agree about champions and slumps, but guys who deserve a rocket (currently Sheed, Redden, Cripps) aren’t champions nor in leadership positions.

But they’re players in positions where there’s no depth underneath to replace them. Jones is in this week for Petruccelle, who deserved to be dropped at least as much as Cripps. Basically that leaves the following small forwards that are fit and available: Treacy.

If Redden or Sheed were dropped, which midfielder would replace them? XON? Brayshaw? Ainsworth? Would any of those three make us better?

Would you be happier if Nic was our backup ruck?

You want an impact player for short bursts you have one.

So really we should be looking to develop or acquire a 1st ruck. :whitecheck: :whitecheck: :whitecheck:

That would be this bloke.

download.jpg

But they’re players in positions where there’s no depth underneath to replace them. Jones is in this week for Petruccelle, who deserved to be dropped at least as much as Cripps. Basically that leaves the following small forwards that are fit and available: Treacy.

If Redden or Sheed were dropped, which midfielder would replace them? XON? Brayshaw? Ainsworth? Would any of those three make us better?

Maybe , maybe not.. BUT we seriously are going to go downhill soon with our mids all late 20's. We need to at least start getting some games into them to see if they are any good. Sheed i rate and is still producing but Redden has become somewhat redundant and trying a young mid in his place could be worth it for the long term.

Forgot Treacy existed :oops:

Sheesh, i thought surely he'd be given first crack ahead of JJ. Hard to tell when there's no Beagles games.

As for Bailey, if anything he actually compliments Naitanui and would fill that 2nd ruck role perfectly. Given he was previously a forward and played it well.

He's also a bursty, impact, explosive type ruckman, similar to Naitanui. Rather than an endurance athlete like Hickey.

Any ruckman who gets a break from Nicnats leap and has Baileys leap to contend with afterwards is going to be in for a tough time.

It's the perfect 1-2 punch combo, rather than an undersized Allen to bully.

Which makes Hickey inclusion ahead of Williams all the more annoying. Hickey is a SOLO type ruck. Not a chop out/FWD type.

You're taking away one of Hickeys biggest strengths hiding him on the bench for half the game.

I'd prefer Williams in but we haven't played our players to their strengths while minimizing their weaknesses.

Cameron will honestly be huge, i thought he was going to have a big year for us this year..he's got huge upside.
Definitely...but where is he and why? Parked in a queue? Hopefully Jones will be something, better than Petch at least. We need another live-wire upfront.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the comeback from OP, played managed minutes in the scratch match on the weekend which would’ve been his first game for the year.
Ok, am way out of touch with news etc, didn't know he'd had an op..but with him and Ryan upfront, be a good thing...anyways, maybe Jones is a firecracker, supposedly fast and tough..but how about we get it in the forward line first?
Anyone think we might have some advantage over Port in the conditions? Expecting a better performance, we usually match it with Port, even if they are on a winning streak?

Last edited:
He'll play next week, but Oscar doesn't have a cemented spot in the team for as long as JK continues pushing on.

And if there isn't a spot in the team for him, he doesn't deserve selection just because he's Oscar Allen.

No he deserves to play because he's been one of our better talls the last two weeks and has been one of the only guys who can actually pick up and mark the ball cleanly.

Oscar Allen has had way too many injury issues to be in a WTF mode at the moment. He is very very good, but he isnt physically at the place he needs to be to be best 22 week in week out. He has hip/leg issues caused by the late growth spurt he has had

The worst thing we can do is be impatient at this stage. It will hurt us long term

Yeah I mean this is technically correct given he only played 21 games last year.
What a load of s**t, he's ready right now and he's been better the last 2 weeks than about 4 of the other KPP who are still in the side.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but it's a good question and I bet the coaches have lost a bit of sleep over it too.

Personally I'd prefer us going one less mid than having Redden doing whatever it is he's currently tasked with.

Give players like Duggan, Nelson, Cole, JJ, or even Petch or Watson a bit of a run on a wing. Have some more flexibility in the squad to roll a few blokes across different lines. Can't be any worse than what we've seen so far, and it'd be a good experience for many of these guys.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but it's a good question and I bet the coaches have lost a bit of sleep over it too.

Personally I'd prefer us going one less mid than having Redden doing whatever it is he's currently tasked with.

Give players like Duggan, Nelson, Cole, JJ, or even Petch or Watson a bit of a run on a wing. Have some more flexibility in the squad to roll a few blokes across different lines. Can't be any worse than what we've seen so far, and it'd be a good experience for many of these guys.
When simmo first came to the club in 2014 he consistently banged on about players needing to be able to play multiple roles. That seems to have gone out the window completely in the last few years, to the detriment of the team.

Good to see JJ get a run petch just wasn't getting involved .
Hoping jones can be that link between our mids and forwards .

We have also been asking to go smaller and basically rotham for cole has done that .

HIckey for Oscar doesn't surprise me we are getting killed in the middle and swapping hickey for Allan will get us more inside 50s hopefully.

Brander may spend some time forward with sheed and redden getting more midfield time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back