Preview Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

They definitely didn’t help

There’s a long list of things that didn’t help the last couple of weeks. Those two playing aren’t near the top.

The obsession with blaming what the coaches do in MC for our losses is genuinely getting f**king ridiculous. And it’s f**kin lazy.

There’s a long list of things that didn’t help the last couple of weeks. Those two playing aren’t near the top.

The obsession with blaming what the coaches do in MC for our losses is genuinely getting f**king ridiculous. And it’s f**kin lazy.

No one is blaming the coaches or MC solely but the argument is usually apportionment of blame.

Oscar the grouch will be sub, West will be useless and we'll get thumped. Happy 140th.
happy birthday party GIF by chuber channel

With Vandermeer and West in we look decidedly b-grade. At least they are both "go-ers" I guess.

I've listed the side according to my player gradings, A, B, or C.

Looks like this.

FB
B A C

HB
B B C

C
C A B

HF
C B A

FF
B B B

FOL
A A A

IC
C C B B

EM
C C C C

A6 B10 C10

Not sure what to make of it, but our depth seems a bit shallow.

No one is blaming the coaches or MC solely but the argument is usually apportionment of blame.

Absolutely they do. Step 1 after a loss for lots of posters is come in here and lay blame for the loss on players playing that they don’t believe should have been selected. They even state that if player X played instead of player Y, we would’ve won. They refuse to acknowledge any other factors. Been going on for a few years. Makes it unbearable in here sometimes.

You’re taking the piss saying it doesn’t happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Richards is not available, so the best team available. We are either serious about being a top 4 team or not
I wasn't suggesting he was available.
I was simply stating my view that we are weaker - let me amplify that - considerably weaker for having to put VDM in there instead of Richards.

I'm sure the 22 will go out to do their best. I think we'll be better than the second half against Geelong. I'm just struggling to see how we will win it.

Hope I'm wrong on both counts.

Still struggling to see why JOD is getting a game. Tonnes of other players have not been gifted as many games off so little output. Structurally causes issues as well in my view, making us too tall. Last week when he was forward Geelong just played Tom Stewart on him and allowed him to play off him as much as he wanted knowing he was unlikely to be targeted or punished in any way. I predict the same will happen this week.

I just feel like we are playing one down each week which is hard to cover.

We will miss Ed Richards massively as well. He is our second most important defender.

Honestly struggle to see us winning this one with how well Port are playing. Three losses in a row will really stuff our season and make top 4 almost impossible I think. A real shame because if we just kick straighter the past two weeks we win those games and instead we have put ourselves under huge pressure.

Hopefully they have been working on goal kicking this week under pressure and also from some tight angles because we tend to get a lot of our shots from the pockets.

Maybe they’re starting to pick the best 22, in my opinion, Bruce and Keith are better options than O’Brien and Gardner

Absolutely they do. Step 1 after a loss for lots of posters is come in here and lay blame for the loss on players playing that they don’t believe should have been selected. They even state that if player X played instead of player Y, we would’ve won. They refuse to acknowledge any other factors. Been going on for a few years. Makes it unbearable in here sometimes.

You’re taking the piss saying it doesn’t happen.
It happens yes to an extent it’s an issue definitely no IMO

It’s not the sole reason we lose any individual game but it sure as s**t is a huge factor in us being crap that we set ourselves up for failure on Thursday night, we make life difficult for ourselves and it’s clear as *in s**t by now tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back