Preview Changes vs Pussies (Fri 28/8 7.50pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

How the fu** does Cavarra come out of the team... and Hayes come in.

******* bullshit.
So Gardner, Richards and English still in, I seriously scratch my head at these selection committees and Bevo.
These 3 statistically looked way off the mark (English looks injured) the games 3 lowest AF for the doggies on the AFL app, and watching the game, the eye test looked like those 3 were also a long way off best 22.

Richards and Gardner should be omitted, and English needs a rest.

So Gardner, Richards and English still in, I seriously scratch my head at these selection committees and Bevo.
These 3 statistically looked way off the mark (English looks injured) the games 3 lowest AF for the doggies on the AFL app, and watching the game, the eye test looked like those 3 were also a long way off best 22.

Richards and Gardner should be omitted, and English needs a rest.
Key defenders don't rack up fantasy points, so it's not a fair comparison. Gardner went at 100% disposal efficiency and took some important grabs. He has a ton of improvement to go, but he wasn't out of place last week. Would have been rough to be omitted and would ruin his confidence

I can’t see why one of the Young’s don’t get a run in defence over Gardner as I think they have more potential!! I know he’s a whipping boy but I hope Cordys back next week to replace him.

C Scott said he’s looking for Hawkins to continue his growth & development as a player and as a human being when he comes up against Gardner tonight.

Hawkins comes at the task “with an insouciance , yet determined spirit, “said Scott in his presser.

Hawkins sees Gardner’s inclusion in the Bulldogs side as “akin to an act of theatrical Dadaism on the football stage” and approaches the task ahead with a weary sigh, knowing the role he has been typecast into. Gardner’s supporting role in the tragic proceedings is “behovent to the classical hubris/nemesis axis at play” as we reach the inevitable denouement, when Gardner is dropped from the ‘play’ and Gowers reappears.

Scott states that Beveridge is aware of the “ever decreasing circles like a stone dropped into a millpond but in reverse..... if you can imagine that ....circular role he is playing ...... “but Luke is also typecast , we all are ....” before descending into that “teachable moment “ bla bla.
outstanding post. Well done.

Key defenders don't rack up fantasy points, so it's not a fair comparison. Gardner went at 100% disposal efficiency and took some important grabs. He has a ton of improvement to go, but he wasn't out of place last week. Would have been rough to be omitted and would ruin his confidence
It's not just the stat's, it's how he looks by the eye test.
Whenever the ball goes into the back-half, its Gardner that gives me no confidence...at all. He's not even hard at it, he just looks lost.

I like the way Sweet is 'not ready' for AFL seniors.........

But what about the others, Luke? The mids, and defenders, and forwards.......

I've never played footy but I played a lot of soccer, and you always walked a bit taller if you had a decent goalkeeper in the team. Especially a loud & vocal one.

Half the rucks in the league aren't great footy players; many rucks never are. Tim English is a very good footy player. But he's not a ruck. Therin lies the conundrum.

English is Bev's archetype of a ruck & in 2023 he'll be almost good enough to be a genuine ruckman. Maybe 2025..... he'll make up for his defencies by being the cleanest 200cm+ player the game has seen. he'll be a stellar player.....

BUT this is 2020.

I bet a fair proportion of our midfielders would love Sweet to play.

Logic? Reason? Your radical views have no currency here! You’re not new to BF, so what’s your excuse? 😄😄
Sorry, I just saw your post. I don't come here very much any more - it's a pretty toxic place - even after we have had a win. I was actually supporting your comment. Common sense, logic and reason don't get a lot of respect or tolerance around here, which is what I was pointing out.

Sorry, I just saw your post. I don't come here very much any more - it's a pretty toxic place - even after we have had a win. I was actually supporting your comment. Common sense, logic and reason don't get a lot of respect or tolerance around here, which is what I was pointing out.
:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back