Changes vs Richmond at AO (rd 15)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just seen the changes and think that this is a very strong side.
Will be interesting to see who swings forward.

we are a little tall

084.png

Possibly our best 22 all in this week. Only one who I would throw in would be Amon maybe. Whitey to play forward, Broady or Hammer to go to the wing

A tall would have made sense given rance will nullify Dixon. Another marking option up forward would have made sense imo. But Ken don't like big dudes.
Rance is likely to play on Trengove. They will want him floating around freely and will back him to get to contests as 3rd man up over Dixon.

I expect Astbury to Dixon, Rance to Trengove and Grimes to Gray.

I expect we will play a 7 man back half and 5 man forward half. They may use that to free up Rance altogether, but I expect not.

Hombsch and Clurey will rotate off of Riewoldt. Jonas will take Lloyd or Martin when he is forward. We will play the loose man in defence to take intercept marks and avoid being pressed into our back 50 by their forward pressure and smalls. If the ball hits the ground though, or we don't stay goal side then we'll be in trouble. Will be interesting to watch DBJ from that perspective as he's been extremely bad in 1:1's this year, over committing and/or letting his opponent get goal side.

Possibly our best 22 all in this week. Only one who I would throw in would be Amon maybe. Whitey to play forward, Broady or Hammer to go to the wing
The players in our 20-28 range are all pretty interchangeable. White, Amon, Monfries, AhChee, Young, Neade, Impey, Houston, etc. As long as the main group is there and this week it is. The question come Saturday will just be the team balance with so many defenders in the side for the first time in several weeks.

Good selection changes.

So probably means someone is a bit iffy and will drop out late just before the game. Has happened 3 or 4 times already this season. Hartlett out for Eddy Rd 2 and then Rd 5 for Johnson, Amon rd 11 out for Toumpas are three I can think of off the top of my head. Kane Cornes reckons Hombsch was going to be rested with general soreness. Wouldn't surprise me if he is right as we have plenty of backs in and they are play a short forward line. So Young or Neade might get a reprieve.

Must be the best team we've had on the park all year. A game at home. If we lose, well.
Good selection changes.

So probably means someone is a bit iffy and will drop out late just before the game. Has happened 3 or 4 times already this season. Hartlett out for Eddy Rd 2 and then Rd 5 for Johnson, Amon rd 11 out for Toumpas are three I can think of off the top of my head. Kane Cornes reckons Hombsch was going to be rested with general soreness. Wouldn't surprise me if he is right as we have plenty of backs in and they are play a short forward line. So Young or Neade might get a reprieve.
haha so there could be delayed melts

Saw the ins-and-outs and came here to see the reactions. I am not disappointed. Neade and Young are out. People here is having a hard time finding some issue about which to complain! :p

The players in our 20-28 range are all pretty interchangeable. White, Amon, Monfries, AhChee, Young, Neade, Impey, Houston, etc. As long as the main group is there and this week it is. The question come Saturday will just be the team balance with so many defenders in the side for the first time in several weeks.
Players 17-29 are interchangeable.

Hard to see Ken dropping Ryder, Wines, Ebo, Boak, SPP, R Gray, Wingard, Dixon, Hoff, Polec, Trengove, Jonas, Clurey Hombsch, Broadbent, Impey this year

Hartlett, DBJ, and S Gray could get the axe at some point as they've had a few poor games before a good one has saved them

Pittard, Houston, White, Young, Neade, Ah Chee, Eddy, Toumpas, Johnson, and Amon, have all been dropped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gambini: Is is possible, the two yutes --

Judge Haller: Uh, two what? Uh, uh, what was that word?

Gambini: Uh, what word?

Judge Haller: Two what?

Gambini: What?

Judge Haller: Did you say "yutes"?

Gambini: Yeah, two yutes.

Judge Haller: What is a yute?

Gambini: Oh, excuse me Your Honor: two youTHs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

******* all time !! So good...

Rance is likely to play on Trengove. They will want him floating around freely and will back him to get to contests as 3rd man up over Dixon.

I expect Astbury to Dixon, Rance to Trengove and Grimes to Gray.

I expect we will play a 7 man back half and 5 man forward half. They may use that to free up Rance altogether, but I expect not.

Hombsch and Clurey will rotate off of Riewoldt. Jonas will take Lloyd or Martin when he is forward. We will play the loose man in defence to take intercept marks and avoid being pressed into our back 50 by their forward pressure and smalls. If the ball hits the ground though, or we don't stay goal side then we'll be in trouble. Will be interesting to watch DBJ from that perspective as he's been extremely bad in 1:1's this year, over committing and/or letting his opponent get goal side.

Agree with much of what you say here but I am hoping we have a late out (Hombsch). I cant see him doing much when he picks up Reiwoldt or Lloyd, the completely wrong type of forwards for Hombsch to play on. Leaving short people.

Give him a rest Ken, bring in a kid (Atley please) and back Jonas, Clurey with plan B - Jacko if need be.

Agree with much of what you say here but I am hoping we have a late out (Hombsch). I cant see him doing much when he picks up Reiwoldt or Lloyd, the completely wrong type of forwards for Hombsch to play on. Leaving short people.

Give him a rest Ken, bring in a kid (Atley please) and back Jonas, Clurey with plan B - Jacko if need be.
Atley isn't named in emergencies though (Neade Young Howard)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back