Preview Changes vs Richmond, Round 11, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond off a 4 day break after playing Brisbane tonight. Would be a good game to try and break open with speed and the long kicks. I think the young guys all stay (Farrell to be told to get more involved). Westhoff rested and I'm not convinced Boak is 100%. Bergmann in for him, Lienert for Mayes. Lycett for Westy if he's ready.

I think Boak was being nursed through last night to have him right for the weekend. He'll stay in.

Going by the commentary, we may never see Mayes again. I'd love Burton to be ready, but the last report has him as 'TBC'. So, it's likely Ebert in. I also agree with Westhoff for Lycett.

The only other unforced change I would make would be to give Farrell a rest if one of Bergman or Mead are ready. If not Kane stays.

Would love lycett for westhoff if possible

If not happy to bring in hayes for westhoff

we can’t move westhoff out without a ruck in though. Im not keen to risk kpp in the ruck or burning out ladhams

if mayes gets done by the vfl tribunal then we have options. I would love to see Bergman. Or maybe Williams. Most likely Ebert comes back in if he’s ready and I could live with that.

If we’re going for a half back I’m much more keen on Bergman than lienert or bonner. While lienerts good depth and while bonner should have been dropped I would rather get games into bonner and see if he can develop than lienert who I see as the finished product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they try to give mayes a game for that bump, again just for “the look”, but I don’t see how it can be graded anything but careless, low impact, high contact again. Worth arguing at the tribunal if they grade it medium as that the only way it gets a game.

I think Boak was being nursed through last night to have him right for the weekend. He'll stay in.
I think you're right, but it does raise the question as to why we didn't just rest him last night if they plan was to reduce his game time and mostly play forward to be nursed through? Would have made more sense to miss the game and give a fresh player a go, and given him a 9 day break between games with a (condensed round) bye still to come. Probably would have been enough to freshen him up for the rest of the season.

I wouldn't mind Hayes getting a game. But if Lycett is playing, then a ruck combo with Ladhams.

If Mayes is suspended bring in Garner and unleash a bit of white line fever.

What's the chances of Ken dropping Ladhams and keeping Westhoff in? IMO Westy is out first now.

Hard to say. He has a blind spot when it comes to Westhoff but for all the ridiculing he gets every week whenever he brings in a small forward and "They will replace Dixon ohohohoho see what I did there?", he has stuck to three tall forwards all year. And it is unsettling the opposition because they are all so mobile.

Won't see many changes. 5 days is enough time to freshen the players up, especially considering that Richmond are going to have a very hard game against Brisbane tonight - so they have to travel and will be coming off a 4 day break.

Smart of the club to rotate more players through the middle and forward line last night. Hopefully Boak can play more in the middle.

If Mayes gets rubbed out I think Lienert should get a chance, but I think they'll go Bonner. Don't think Burton will be back for a while, quads are never easy injuries to get over.

If Lycett comes back I would drop Westhoff. Keep Ladhams as a key forward and as the 2nd ruck. I'm not a fan of a 2 ruck concept usually, but Hoff is not playing well, Ladhams played extremely well last night, and with Lycett back it makes sense in this case to give it a crack.

Unless anyone pulls up overly sore and won't be able to perform, I wouldn't make any other changes.

Get through this game and then we have a full 6 day break before going up against Geelong.

No way can Ladhams go out after last night, suspect Westhoff will get a break. Big test for Ladhams now will be continuing influencing games with only say, 40% Ruck time.

woodcock did seem to have run and spring in his step compared to a few out there.
Obviously being his first game a bit is excitement etc, but i wonder just how much slower a team is slowly becoming. and because both teams are tired you dont notice it as much.
I wonder if injecting a few fresh guys in will make a massive difference

Remove this Banner Ad

Back