Preview Changes vs Richmond, Round 11, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nah, the media has an asterisk against us for exclusion from the competition.

The story will likely go...

Richmond brave in a loss to Port Power after a 4 day turnaround or Richmond premiership favourites after dominant display over Port Power.

That's the vibe I get from the media this year.

*every year*

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel there's a lot more than 4 points riding on this game.

If we don't beat Richmond we will have lost to every team in the top 4. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of our credentials.

Win and the team will gain some self-belief.
Couldn’t agree more, absolute must win and make a statement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don't beat Richmond we will have lost to every team in the top 4. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of our credentials.

* every OTHER team in the top 4. We would hopefully draw with ourselves.

But I agree. Also at home, them coming off a 4 day break, us having our spine in tact - if we want to win a flag we should be winning under these circumstances.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am just going with the flow this year. Port is doing better than I expected and I would love for them to beat Richmond, however if I had a choice of beating Richmond this week or when we play them in a final I would pick the later. We still have a few first 22 players out.

Kinda wish Rance was still playing because Dixon would always destroy him.
Dance usually gets destroyed if he has to play one-on-one against any reasonable sort of player. Watts knows how to play him and he and Hogan were tearing him apart in that game he hit Watts.

But we need to not kick it down the throat of Richmond’s loose man in defence, like we did last year when Grimes and co racked up getting intercept marks. They will be much more effective double-teaming Dixon (while leaving a loose defender to mark unopposed) than the Bullies.

Agree to a point, but I also think that it’s not the best team over the season that wins the flag, it’s the best team in September.

Usually we fade or choke (often because of the coach) from this stage of the season. We need to be really hitting our straps in Round 16 & 17. Would be great to win Rounds 11 & 12, but we’re probably not up to Richmond and Geelong yet, unless we can work out how to counter their game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back