Prediction Changes vs Richmond Round 14 @ Metricon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
We have been played an extra defender last week with Duggan coming in and no defender coming out at the expense of a midfield rotation .
That why we have seen Cole shep and Nelson push forward the last few weeks .

I'm wondering if hutch will get the job of tagging one of Lambert or McIntosh who love to get out the front of the pack and often get that surged forward at all cost ball .

Also no yeo or redden to go head to head with Dusty at the stoppages.

Might need natanui to s**t mix him

Karim Abdul Yeo

Cancelled
Jul 30, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Reid lucky that we have 42 unavailable small forwards.

That's actually not fair cuz our forward line is loaded man. most deliveries are going to these guys first. JK, JD, Oscar, Ryan and then crippa, then NN if he is resting there or Shuey or Kelly for same reason, he ain't getting in their way either. why would you anyway?? I think he has done well considering the talent he is surrounded with.If we have Rioli back then he goes out and we officially have the scariest forward line if not already.

Brander named on a wing, in an away game, in humid conditions (that don't favor talls), in arguably our biggest game of the season............just cannot think that, based on what we have seen of the kid, that this bodes well. Not at all.

Haven’t caught any of the last two weeks, hey?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Jetta was never 'bad in the first place.

His form, just like our entire garbage team at the time, had dropped off, but he was far far from our worst. If anything, he was Scapegoated.

There were plenty more players and "leaders" who were given more time to work themselves into form and got to beat up on Sydney and Adelaide in the hub.

6 more games in the comfort of Perth stadium, with our fans and mojo back, and here we are on top of the world. Suddenly Nelson is Mr Sex, of all people.

Everyone was afraid Brander was going to "ruin" everything when he came back 2 weeks ago with all their hub flashbacks of the team being sh*t and him struggling.

Jetta's a more than capable defender and if they get his kicking game going the positives outweighs the negatives by a long way.

Premiership player and a gun for this footy club. Deserves a chance if an opportunity opens up.
nelson out injured so hopefully jetts gets a run

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Brander named on a wing, in an away game, in humid conditions (that don't favor talls), in arguably our biggest game of the season............just cannot think that, based on what we have seen of the kid, that this bodes well. Not at all.

Personally, for me if there was a game we were going to give Duggan a licence to step up onto the wing/midfield, this would have been it.

You know what your getting with Duggan and you won't die wondering.

Even Cripps is a better fit.

Brander might impress. He might also do one good thing amongst 6 possessions total.

Would be very happy to be proven wrong tommorow night
Fairly wet in the Carlton game and Brander had a step up game that day.

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Going to give you the benefit of the doubt, because he was one of our better players against GWS. 6 marks, 14 kicks and 2 handballs @ 75%.
Brander can turn his opponent inside-out, spin out of trouble, and loves a half-volley at his toes. Very quick off a couple steps.
He displayed those skills in the wet against the Hawks, too. Excited to see if he can maintain form.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Personally, for me if there was a game we were going to give Duggan a licence to step up onto the wing/midfield, this would have been it.

Brander might impress. He might also do one good thing amongst 6 possessions total.

Would be very happy to be proven wrong tommorow night

This is stupid.

Brander has played better with every single game he played this year. Even in the context of us stinking it up in QLD, he was able to build on the week before.

His last two games, last week in particular merit him staying in the team.

He actually played his best during the rain in the last quarter last week. A couple of things he did, like a clean half volley pickup in the wet, showed his agility and skills below his knees.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
This is stupid.

Brander has played better with every single game he played this year. Even in the context of us stinking it up in QLD, he was able to build on the week before.

He actually played his best during the rain in the last quarter last week. A couple of things he did, like a clean half volley pickup in the wet, showed his agility and skills below his knees.

If i am wrong, will happily cop my medicine.

If am correct though and everyone is calling for him to be axed for next week, recall this post

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
If i am wrong, will happily cop my medicine.

If am correct though and everyone is calling for him to be axed for next week, recall this post

Everyone was calling for his axing when we lost 3 in a row, even though he wasn't our worst, and was playing better week on week.

It's very easy to say "wtf is this selection" when we choose a 195cm KPF to play on the wing, but that's just picking low hanging fruit.

He is a talent, and worth investing in and persisting with in his current role.

1-2 decent games does not a rising star maketh.

Will be happy to have the kid prove me wrong

You based your assessment on assumed slippery conditions and “what we’ve seen to date” from him. In the past two games his best football has arguably come when the rain hit (fourth term v Carlton, second term v GWS).

So either you didn’t see those games or you just don’t rate him.

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
This is stupid.

brander1.gif

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
You based your assessment on assumed slippery conditions and “what we’ve seen to date” from him. In the past two games his best football has arguably come when the rain hit (fourth term v Carlton, second term v GWS).

The other thing is there no guarantee that it will be dewy tomorrow night.

QLD weather in June is very different to QLD weather in August.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast

Just don't rate him, watched both games. He was good, sure, but nothing I see gets me too excited when he is on the ball. Particular given he was our first selection in his draft year. I don't get that Oscar Allen future star/leader type vibe from him at all.

Rather I get more of an Ah Chee vibe of a guy who has the talent and the physical tools, shows glimpses, has a great game here and there but doesn't do it consistently.

Time will prove me correct or incorrect.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Imagine if we had Mitch Brown in the pocket

And Ash Hansen at CHF.

Would be very happy to be proven wrong tomorrow night
I get you hate him for some reason. But this is just silly.

He's a tall, and has taken a bit of time, but is improving steadily and has just played his two best games. Including his best individual efforts in the worst of the rain against Carlton.

Duggan is putting together his best body of work, playing a role and position, and your answer to that is 'move him to the wing'. He may become a mid or rotate through there one day, but right now he is super reliable doing what he is doing, and I wouldn't be changing that right now.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Brander has been much better since getting back in the team but lets not rewrite history, he was putrid in QLD before his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back