Fixture Changes vs Richmond round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

We almost lost last week with Garcias dumb brainfades trying to be "tough" why keep him and bring in West who does the same things?
Agree, if West did what Garcia did last week we wouldn't see him for a month. Seeing he kicked 3 in the VFL he should be rewarded.

Agree, if West did what Garcia did last week we wouldn't see him for a month. Seeing he kicked 3 in the VFL he should be rewarded.
Yes it’s a difficult one. I have been critical on here of Bev not giving West a run of games so I can understand if posters think I am being hypocritical for calling to the same not to be given to Garcia. But Garcia was really bad last week.

I wouldn’t make too many changes , but it great if McComb comes in for Bontinpelly

Robbie McComb has shown flashes when he’s come on as sub and he could play a run with role on Dusty Martin.

The Bont makes occasional errors and his off field leadership has been poor with his tattoos and that . I’ve heard he’s been drinking too much Woodstock and cola, going off on rants about Daniel Andrew’s and riding his dirt bike through the shopping centre car park again.

The club needs to set a message . Arthur Jones would be a good captain for the week as he shows initiative & enthusiasm .

But he’d be a great sub to bring on when we’re 6 goals down could change the game.

Hahahaha love this !:sweatsmile:

Garcia out, West in. If Weightman were fit I'd bring him in for Lobb. Other than that, leave it as is.

Keep Garcia in. He is combative and competes well at ground level. Will be an interesting decision.
Serious question- aren’t they also West’s strong points too? I see these two as essentially equal players with Garcia having an edge in pace and West an edge in “big-bodieness” ( it’s a thing trust me) meaning West can compete better with the big bodied mids.
I find it hard to split them and gave West marginally ahead.

Serious question- aren’t they also West’s strong points too? I see these two as essentially equal players with Garcia having an edge in pace and West an edge in “big-bodieness” ( it’s a thing trust me) meaning West can compete better with the big bodied mids.
I find it hard to split them and gave West marginally ahead.
Until West can play a more team oriented game I feel he will continue to struggle.

Your point is a fair one though.

If wests last name was not west, people would not want him anywhere near the 22. Surprising what a family name does to judging a player on their performances and ability.

On the other hand, if West had committed the brain fades of Garcia & given away the 50m penalties last week, some would have hung him out to dry.

The family name works both ways , it comes with comparisons to his Dad and the undue pressure that brings. Especially if your old man was a club champion.

If wests last name was not west, people would not want him anywhere near the 22. Surprising what a family name does to judging a player on their performances and ability.
He's exactly the same as Garcia so people would be calling for him to come in.

If we had better players than Garcia and McComb filling out the final spots in our side there wouldn't be calls for West to return. Has nothing to do with his name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some serious smoke being blown up Richmond's ass ... they were lucky to only lose by 14 last week..

Felt like a 10 goal loss.

Dogs haven't been good so far but no reason they can't beat these geriatrics

Where does this argument stem from on here?

He's dominated the VFL as a MIDFIELDER for years and has been ordinary in the senior side as a small forward. The hardest position on the ground according to a host of former players.

He's the new whipping boy on here.

Hate to break it to you but we're not young anymore. Only Geelong and Collingwood fielded older sides than us last week
Hate to break it to you but having the youngest list means nothing for current or future success.

Having an experienced list that is topped up with youth on a yearly basis is much better for sustained success

Remove this Banner Ad

Back