Preview Changes Vs Richmond round 8, 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how would we know? WC have never given Clark an extended run in the middle, where he shon for Subi
I watched him closely a few time whe I have had the chance to see live games, top bloke always has his head over the ball and puts in 100%. Actually a decent onfield leader as well with some smarts. But, he is slow and lacks the instinctive awareness required at AFL level. We have a few in that boat to varying degrees. It is an observation of fact not a critisism.

The capability does not change with location on the ground, but is harder to hide in the center square with oposition teams spreading like the Cats did against us..

I watched him closely a few time whe I have had the chance to see live games, top bloke always has his head over the ball and puts in 100%. Actually a decent onfield leader as well with some smarts. But, he is slow and lacks the instinctive awareness required at AFL level. We have a few in that boat to varying degrees. It is an observation of fact not a critisism.

The capability does not change with location on the ground, but is harder to hide in the center square with oposition teams spreading like the Cats did against us..
I have to disagree, if capability does not change with the location of the ground, then why have some players who have moved from forward to back and vice versa had much greater output as a result? I'd consider Clark slow too, but he's an inside mid, how many inside mids of the comp are actually quick? I'd say there's more in the slow category, and that doesn't mean they aren't effective, just look at Stewart Dew, Priddis, Cripps, Selwood et al.

From what I've seen, Clark has the instincts (and physicality) required in tight situations, unfortunately he hasn't been played in a role/position where he gets to execute this frequently enough, so I wouldn't write him off until he's had ample opportunity to prove himself in an inside role. Imagine if we played Priddis on the wing and half-forward for his first 20 games, would he have even stayed on our list?

you cant really expect him to be lightning quick at 195 cm

Clark has now played 4 games in a row which would have to be the most since he came on board.
I actually like what he brings, except for last week which had no shining lights anywhere for us, and he has been improving each week.
Would like to see a big game from him with 25+ disposals and half dozen tackles. Played out of the middle.

I have to disagree, if capability does not change with the location of the ground, then why have some players who have moved from forward to back and vice versa had much greater output as a result? I'd consider Clark slow too, but he's an inside mid, how many inside mids of the comp are actually quick? I'd say there's more in the slow category, and that doesn't mean they aren't effective, just look at Stewart Dew, Priddis, Cripps, Selwood et al.

From what I've seen, Clark has the instincts (and physicality) required in tight situations, unfortunately he hasn't been played in a role/position where he gets to execute this frequently enough, so I wouldn't write him off until he's had ample opportunity to prove himself in an inside role. Imagine if we played Priddis on the wing and half-forward for his first 20 games, would he have even stayed on our list?
Thats fine

It's hard to not still think of us as the worst side at wet weather footy in the AFL. Oh and we are playing all of our fit players bar first year cat b rookies, a first year ruck and a project ruck 1 game back from injury. Chesser isn't fit.

Even in the wet we should still lose by 10 goals. Even against this Richmond side.

Get excited

It’s Game Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back