Preview Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne weather so far is sunny and beautiful. Not sure what will happen in few hours time but if this weather holds up, we are set for some game of footy.
Apparently it is windy which would play as much havoc with our kicking game as rain. Come on boys, let's do this!

Our wet weather play has improved greatly since the start of the season, so there are no excuses regardless of what the weather does today. (Looking at the BOM hour-by-hour forecast for Melbs, it looks like the worst of it is expected later in the afternoon anyway)
Schofield has been doing a passable job lately, but isn't exactly a critical out. This is a good opportunity for Rothum to demonstrate his improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im shocked to be reading this.:cool:

Says 'managed' but what that means is anyones guess. Replaced with a medium tall defender though not a small.
Perhaps there was some question mark over fitness and JoRo was on standby as the most like-for-like replacement.

Horses for courses.

You think three bigger slower kp backs is fine against a small, hard running, handballing side and forward line possibly in the wet.

Like I said the Tigers pace and style in getting the ball forward worries me.

At the end of the day it will come down to pressure our forwards and mids apply. I remember looking like witches hats when quick sides run at us and our pressure isnt high enough.
Tell me again how it's the Tigers' smalls that pose the biggest threat.

Tell me again how it's the Tigers' smalls that pose the biggest threat.

The mids and smalls killed us after one quarter, were you even watching the game?

Barrass couldnt handle the wet and the pressure being applied by all the smalls. The ground ball pressure and run was telling.

We were convincingly outpointed in inside 50s by a much better ground ball side in the wet. We were lucky they couldnt kick straight.

So you would have played more talls? Is that what you would have done? Oh great one with one eye open and an ego the size of Texas!

The mids and smalls killed us after one quarter, were you even watching the game?

Barrass couldnt handle the wet and the pressure being applied by all the smalls. The ground ball pressure and run was telling.

We were convincingly outpointed in inside 50s by a much better ground ball side in the wet. We were lucky they couldnt kick straight.

So you would have played more talls? Is that what you would have done? Oh great one with one eye open and an ego the size of Texas!
Schofield was missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back