Preview Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think that Waterman provides a good point of difference as a running tallish forward and after 3 goals you can’t drop him.

In: Cameron, Masten
Out: Petruccelle, Hutchings

I am sick of Petch getting the ball at pace and then absolutely shanking the kick, he needs to work on that in the WAFL. Hutchings shouldn’t be in the side unless he is tagging and Masten was stiff to be dropped in the first place.

I am sick of Petch getting the ball at pace and then absolutely shanking the kick, he needs to work on that in the WAFL. Hutchings shouldn’t be in the side unless he is tagging and Masten was stiff to be dropped in the first place.
Are we assuming Hutchings won't have a job against Richmond?

I have an opinion and I need to grow up?

The ones who need to grow up are those who can't handles differing opinions and funny enough, you're one of them.

There are a few on this board who make it their mission to victimize those who express differing opinions to the "status quo"

Well to you I say...go fu** yourselves.

Hickey should not be in our side in my opinion.
Considering our lack of Rucks at this moment - either out injured (Nic) or out of form ((Vardy) then who would you bring in to replace him? Grant you Hickey didn't have one of his better days today, but IMO thought he has been very serviceable over the preceding few weeks against some of the top ruckman in the League. I would even go as far to say that he has exceeded all expectations considering he really was brought in as a stop gap until Nic returned. He certainly is no "Nic" but then very few ruckman are.

Think Hutch tagging works better when its on the wing or half forward. He seems to disrupt our balance in the middle when hes tagging in there and were way more dangerous maximising the amount of times Yeo, Shuey and Sheed are in there. Would perhaps look at tagging Houli to try and disrupt their movement off half back.

Thought Hutch was a wasted pick today - couldn't see his value as he wasn't being used in a tagging role - Masten should have stayed in and would have been better team balance.
What's a "wasted pick"? We're not at the draft. Hutchings is apparently regarded as best 22 (or close to it) and was selected accordingly.

You could go through any match and single out players who had less impact than we'd like. Not sure that makes them "wasted picks" if they're generally part of our best side.

Last edited:
I suppose I meant that if he doesn’t have a job he should be out. He was brought in today without a tagging opponent so I would be concerned if he simply plays Masten’s role on the wing next week.
You guys are talking about Hutchings like he's a week by week proposition but he played 30-something games straight before injury. Clearly his defensive workrate is deemed valuable beyond the narrow question of whether he has a specific tagging role.

Worth a read:

The Richmond‘s "no-stopping, surging forward" style of play need to address. Cannot afford to let Richmond dominate clearances!
Unfortunately, we dont have Nic Nat‘s 30 HO and 7 tackles this time.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cole in, Nelson out. Jacko back to his old ways this week against crows. The lad is a goer but can’t keep up when everyone else is red hot.

Nelson was no better on Betts than Cole was .

Doubt we’ll see any change but I’d like another small defender, better to be positively minded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth a read:

The Richmond‘s "no-stopping, surging forward" style of play need to address. Cannot afford to let Richmond dominate clearances!

Our style is perfect counter to that. If they want to give us first use of the ball I am more then happy to play that game. Our biggest weakness getting smashed in the centre and not getting our hands on the ball.

They can pressure us but if our mark game is on point it won't make any difference. Can't tackle after a mark.

Worth a read:

Their manic forward line pressure could trouble us, our backs also are not big fans of playing on anyone. We never got to play the Tigers at their best last year so this week we will find out how we stack up. Can’t wait.

Hickey isn't getting dropped.

Masten probably not coming back in at Hutching's expense after one week.

Duggan likely to come through the WAFL first.

Surely the only possible change is Petruccelle for Cameron, with Petruccelle not playing WAFL and getting a proper rest like Cameron did.

Oscar Allen is in this teams best 22, can't see him ever being dropped this season (unless they feel he needs a rest before the pre-finals bye week?), even if Naitanui comes back. He plays forward, back up ruck and defense, literally covers 3 lines in the odd chance we suffer an injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back