Preview Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to hear posters views on JK and his poor run of form. Apart from the 7 goal haul against Norf, he has been well below his normal standard and is not delivering very much. He looks slow and unbalanced - lost count of the number of times he slipped when in the contest on Sunday.

Schoey will not be getting dropped and anyone calling for it doesn't understand the roles in our team. He is a lock down defender which allows Barass and Gov to be more attacking. Also, if he is going to be needed in arny game it is this one w two big key forwards playing for Richmond.

Schoey will go to one of them and lock down. Look for Shep and Hurn to consistently fill the hole where the other will try to lead.

Maybe need a smaller more agile lock down defender against a smaller more agile opposition?

Thats not hard to consider or understand is it?

Neither Nic Nat nor Dig Dug will be fit so I'm happy with no changes, so long as we give Hutch an actual tagging job. I wouldn't mind seeing him dragging Houli out of the game on a HFF. Hutch plays his best footy when given a role like that.

Yeo vs Martin will be great. Hopefully Yeo is already in Martin's head given poor widdle Dusty had to be rested :)

Interested to hear posters views on JK and his poor run of form. Apart from the 7 goal haul against Norf, he has been well below his normal standard and is not delivering very much. He looks slow and unbalanced - lost count of the number of times he slipped when in the contest on Sunday.
Worth noting that Talia is a very good 1v1 defender

To me its a combination of:

1. Players seem to be drifting into his space a lot more and thus getting the mark and shot on goal or creating a a contest which he’s crashing and getting half hands on and not quite holding it the for a mark.

2. The amount of times he’s made his lead and hasn’t been honoured then he’s gone to double back to create space and a second lead -then we’ve kicked directly to a defender has been infuriating. Whether the kicker is taking too long to get it to him or he is starting his leads too early I’m not quite sure yet.

He is taking the opposition's best defender, which lets Darling go bananas. He may not be racking up high scores, but he is too dangerous for opposition coaches to leave alone. If he wasn't out there Darling would cop the best defender and our goalkicking would have to be done by kids and small forwards. Structurally Kennedy keeps his spot.

Get one of the assistant coaches to spend the week poking Yeo in the upper arm with a sharp, pointy stick labelled "Dustin Martin". That campaigner will be dead and buried within 5 mins of the opening bounce on Sunday.
Maybe a chopstick?
Also get the team to watch that disgraceful promo of riewoldt declaring all the teams are after us.

Maybe a chopstick?
Also get the team to watch that disgraceful promo of riewoldt declaring all the teams are after us.

I said it at the beginning of the season - if we win it again, re-make that video with Hurn calling out all the other numpty teams, especially Richmond. End it with something like "disrespect our colours at your own (cutaway to yellow jumper)...peril".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree, pundits and even the MC have said last year that if he doesn't have a matchup, he'll be rotated out.
And yet he played 30-something games in a row so what does that tell you?

I can't think of too many teams where there is no theoretical match-up for Hutchings. Whether he is deployed that way is a matter for the coaches.

Not sure what "pundits" have to do with it either way.

No changes for me

I liked Cameron over petrol for the Adelaide game but the mc went for petrol so they obviously think he’s better for team balance. Want to keep the changes to a minimum for the rest of the season imo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do not think this week is about changes. We are close to full strength and also have few good depth players on the wing. This week is about game plan execution and finals pressure against another top team. Whoever comes in or not, I am expecting war. This to me is GF preview with a little twist. Neither team can slow play this game and rest players or .... Both team need to win for home ground advantage come finals time. Expect this game to be close and all about accuracy. whoever kicks straight wins cuz I have a feeling both teams will lay 70 pus tackles. Eagles on the siren Darling from outside 50 for a behind. 82-81

Worth noting that Talia is a very good 1v1 defender
Jk was very close to several marks with a few arm chops thrown in. On all occasiosn he didnt let them spoin and the ball came to ground for our smalls. On another day he could have kicked 4. We did take a key defender away from the contest consistantly - Darling, Allen and Waterman didnt happen to benifit did they?

Jk was very close to several marks with a few arm chops thrown in. On all occasiosn he didnt let them spoin and the ball came to ground for our smalls. On another day he could have kicked 4. We did take a key defender away from the contest consistantly - Darling, Allen and Waterman didnt happen to benifit did they?

I said it in the gameday thread but he's developed this "habit" of spilling marks the second he hits the ground. Its like the jolt of hitting the surface jostles the ball out of his hands. Get him a glove and he'll be right as rain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back