Preview Changes vs Richmond

I said it in the gameday thread but he's developed this "habit" of spilling marks the second he hits the ground. Its like the jolt of hitting the surface jostles the ball out of his hands. Get him a glove and he'll be right as rain.

Nothing an illegal Cloke-Glove can't fix.

I said it in the gameday thread but he's developed this "habit" of spilling marks the second he hits the ground. Its like the jolt of hitting the surface jostles the ball out of his hands. Get him a glove and he'll be right as rain.

I thought it's technically a mark if it's jarred free by hitting the ground.

You have to control the ball for some indeterminate length of time. Kennedy isn't doing that because he basically grabs ball - takes step - drops ball.

My mistake, misunderstood what you meant. If the ball is in the player's hands and the ground knocks it free then it's a mark.

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
G'day all I come in peace! :p

Just wanted to say, how awesome is this game ? IMO It could be the start of a rivalry that will continue for a good 5 years as both clubs have shown they have a list that will have their premiership windows open for a long while yet, considering the kids we both have and the age of our guns. God I hope we both play in the GF after this game.

The build up would be huge, who ever loses Sunday will be talked up as having a score to settle and the victor, well, will be talked up as being just a little bit better.

Lets have a cracking game and NO injuries to either side. Good luck in your finals campaign.

Winky

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2009
Sunshine coast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Barrass on Lynch is obvious.

Riewoldt though isnt a good match for Schofield, Sheppard often takes the more modile tall and the yes Gov does his AA zone off and intercept work.

Im worried about three lumbering talls versub the quick tigers smaller / medium forwards.

Rotham or Watson may be a better fit.

What will the weather be also a factor.
I can see the Richmond smalls having a birthday on Watson in defence. He puts himself under pressure and turns the ball over too much so imagine handling the current Richmond pressure.

Tigerish Tiger

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Get one of the assistant coaches to spend the week poking Yeo in the upper arm with a sharp, pointy stick labelled "Dustin Martin". That campaigner will be dead and buried within 5 mins of the opening bounce on Sunday.

Campaigner!! 🤣🤣🤣

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I can see the Richmond smalls having a birthday on Watson in defence.
They'll get drunk and disgrace themselves and wake up the following day face-down on their sofa wearing socks and shoes but no pants?

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
I think we sometimes go in too tall, both forward and back. Barrass, Gov, Hurn and Schofield can be one too many. But not against Richmond.
I see Barrass as the natural to play on Lynch and Schofield to start on Jack R. Sheppard has to be on his game to chop in front of any Jack leads.

Up forward JK, JD, OA and Waterman is a tall too many. Unless Waterman is playing as the wing/link in place of Masten. Then he is up the ground.

Cripps needed the run and should be better this week. Would be happy if Cameron played. Maybe Cameron up forward, Petrucelle on the wing and Waterman unlucky to miss?

At the start of the year OAllen was something of a surprise selection given that Waterman played 16 games in 2018 and looked to have the inside running for the third tall spot. But OA has just got better and better. Hats off to the selectors who persisted with him. They obviously knew what we had. Has gone from a surprise 3rd tall choice to a solid best 18 in one season. Love his work and football smarts.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
I've noticed that as well. Surely training could fix that?

liam123

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Really hope we can hit some good form. Feel like Duggan and hurns injuries have thrown the backline a fair bit. Will be doing well to not get spanked I feel

CoastersFlag No.5

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2007
Not in Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast

7-day forecasts aren't very accurate at all. Hopefully, it is a fine day but we have won in the wet. Won the last 5 at the G so no fears there. Basically it's gonna be a very even struggle and hopefully a Grand Final preview ideally with the Eagles winning.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
Any chance we can sit down beforehand and organise a drawn game this weekend fellas? It’s the only result that would suit both clubs - would sure up a home final in week 1 for you guys, and gives us a much better look at getting the double chance in front of the Pies.
Let my people talk to your people :p
Would take it

Sorry to intrude but I have to say good luck guys! Hope you flog Richmond. * Richmond and their s**t football. They have been camping at the MCG for two months courtesy of Gil. Time to show them who the big boys are. Personally I think they will be shown up by your mob. Their chaos, unskilled footy will be no match for actual skilled footy. The media have been drinking their kool aid for weeks now. Will be great to shut them up. Anyway I'll see myself out. Go eagles!

Last edited:

Priddis Is Done

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm still undecided on where we actually at.

Hindsight in the finals will tell all.

If we don't perform and are beaten, the season will tell us that we struggled to put 4 quarters togethet and the wins papered over cracks.

Win it all and hindsight will tell us that we did what we had to do in the season as we had bigger fish to fry in the finals.

Back