Preview Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude but I have to say good luck guys! Hope you flog Richmond. fu** Richmond and their s**t football. They have been camping at the MCG for two months courtesy of Gil. Time to show them who the big boys are. Personally I think they will be shown up by your mob. Their chaos, unskilled footy will be no match for actual skilled footy. The media have been drinking their kool aid for weeks now. Will be great to shut them up. Anyway I'll see myself out. Go eagles!

Living rent free lel

I don’t think you guys and girls truly understand what a gift it was watching you beat the Pies in the GF after our prelim. I’ve never supported an opposition team so much.

Let’s hope we can play off a little deeper into September.

May the best team win on Sunday, there’s going to be some killer matchups all over the ground.

Worth noting that Talia is a very good 1v1 defender
My thoughts were JK got a hold of him in the Adelaide Oval game a bit and Talia wanted to not let that happen again.

Just my opinion on JKs game.

Delivery wasnt great though.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Any chance we can sit down beforehand and organise a drawn game this weekend fellas?
Nice logo!! :thumbsu:
Sorry to intrude but I have to say good luck guys! Hope you flog Richmond. fu** Richmond and their s**t football. They have been camping at the MCG for two months courtesy of Gil. Time to show them who the big boys are. Personally I think they will be shown up by your mob. Their chaos, unskilled footy will be no match for actual skilled footy. The media have been drinking their kool aid for weeks now. Will be great to shut them up. Anyway I'll see myself out. Go eagles!
Yep, the hype machine is hitting overdrive, talking up Tigers as hitting form and being Prem. contenders, similar to Demons and Pies last season. Meanwhile the Lions are using stealth and may surprise all? And the Pussycat Dolls might cough up more than a fur ball? In many ways this game is proof for both teams of where they're really at, win or lose. You'd expect the Tigers to be ready this time and there won't be a blow out?
I'm still undecided on where we actually at.
If we don't perform and are beaten, the season will tell us that we struggled to put 4 quarters together and the wins papered over cracks.
Win it all and hindsight will tell us that we did what we had to do in the season as we had bigger fish to fry in the finals.
Absolutely agree! My thoughts (and concerns) are the same. Keep expecting to see the Eagles in 'finals mode' but it hasn't quite happened yet. We went under the radar last season and surprised a few teams by big margins. The comp has caught up and everyone throws their best against the Prems., so it's hard to tell where we really are? Simmo keeps saying it's a tough season and what you see is how it is, the reality- he underplays it or undersells it. He actually said recently "it's not like we've got another gear to go, we're playing our hardest to win each game." So this game will reveal all = will our cracks and the truth be revealed or will we click into finals mode? Although not expecting a big margin.

Nice logo!! :thumbsu:

Yep, the hype machine is hitting overdrive, talking up Tigers as hitting form and being Prem. contenders, similar to Demons and Pies last season. Meanwhile the Lions are using stealth and may surprise all? And the Pussycat Dolls might cough up more than a fur ball? In many ways this game is proof for both teams of where they're really at, win or lose. You'd expect the Tigers to be ready this time and there won't be a blow out?

Absolutely agree! My thoughts (and concerns) are the same. Keep expecting to see the Eagles in 'finals mode' but it hasn't quite happened yet. We went under the radar last season and surprised a few teams by big margins. The comp has caught up and everyone throws their best against the Prems., so it's hard to tell where we really are? Simmo keeps saying it's a tough season and what you see is how it is, the reality- he underplays it or undersells it. He actually said recently "it's not like we've got another gear to go, we're playing our hardest to win each game." So this game will reveal all = will our cracks and the truth be revealed or will we click into finals mode? Although not expecting a big margin.
I think it's exactly as he says it. There are no standout teams this year. The flag goes to the team that is in good form and can grind out wins against their opponent. On that measure, I feel we'll be competitive.

In such a tight season, home ground advantage is huge. Finish top 2 and I'm very confident in a GF appearance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think you guys and girls truly understand what a gift it was watching you beat the Pies in the GF after our prelim. I’ve never supported an opposition team so much.

Let’s hope we can play off a little deeper into September.

May the best team win on Sunday, there’s going to be some killer matchups all over the ground.
Since you mentioned it!

Carlton put a lot more effort into thanking us than you did mate. We are expecting a similar cudos on the banner this week!!!!

You might need to enlist Caro to help you out with some wordsmithing in-between writing her next Caro's Arrow Segment for Footy Classified!

So we should go in taller?

Obviously you have forgotten round 1 when a smaller super quick side diced us up in the wet.

And that was v Lions not an in form Richmond.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick believes the Tigers will have the wood over West Coast when the ball is brought to ground at the MCG on Sunday.

Hardwick has been keeping his eye on the Eagles and believes limiting their contested marks and getting the ball to ground will give his team the advantage.

There is a high chance of showers in Melbourne for Sunday.
“We have been keeping an eye on them obviously and getting a good understanding of how they play,” Hardwick told AFL 360 on Monday night.

“They do play a little bit differently to other sides and it presents a challenge.

“They are incredibly strong in the contested marking game as well as the clearance game.

“Their ground ball stuff is the area where we probably excel that is once again the area they are not as good at.
“If we get the ball to ground we will be OK. But the fact of the matter is they have some big, tall boys that mark the ball and control the ball in the air. If we let them dominate that area of the game we are going to be in enormous trouble.”

Rain predicted. That will help them like it has the past month, but we're not as bad in the rain as everyone thinks we are.

Well considering the Optus stadium grounds people over water the ground as its far too hard we have played in wet slippery conditions for months.

Dermott showed how lazy a journo is is. Or just not very smart. Asked during play had it been raining a lot in Perth as the ground was really slippery. Can't believe these full time journos who get paid a motsa don't know whats going on at Optus and actually have a educated opinion.

This week i would rest Waterman and bring in a fresh Cameron. Watermans game was pretty good on the weekend and i rate him but i think we need Cameron in for his tackling pressure.

Out: Waterman
In: Cameron

Schoey Barrass Shep
Jetta Gov Hurn

Redden Sheed Gaff

Rioli Darling Cripps
Ryan JK Pet

Ruck: Hickey, Yeo, Shuey

Bench: Nelson, Hutchings,Allen, Cameron.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick believes the Tigers will have the wood over West Coast when the ball is brought to ground at the MCG on Sunday.

Hardwick has been keeping his eye on the Eagles and believes limiting their contested marks and getting the ball to ground will give his team the advantage.

There is a high chance of showers in Melbourne for Sunday.
“We have been keeping an eye on them obviously and getting a good understanding of how they play,” Hardwick told AFL 360 on Monday night.

“They do play a little bit differently to other sides and it presents a challenge.

“They are incredibly strong in the contested marking game as well as the clearance game.

“Their ground ball stuff is the area where we probably excel that is once again the area they are not as good at.
“If we get the ball to ground we will be OK. But the fact of the matter is they have some big, tall boys that mark the ball and control the ball in the air. If we let them dominate that area of the game we are going to be in enormous trouble.”

Interesting.. he could be right, he could be wrong? At the same time, Simmo has been studying the 'new' Tigers style, no doubt. Considering the 'bring it to ground' principle, we just played a similar tough game with the Crows as a warm up. Also it's not a new concept, most teams have been trying that on, along with dirty+chaos ball. ALL teams try to reduce Eagles aerial ability. So it's one thing saying this, and another to implement it successfully. I can't see the Tigers being jumped like last time, and I would be very surprised if we get jumped and have to claw our way back. Could be a slugfest like the Crows game?
*JK has a big game! (isn't it about time?)
*Waterman's been mighty handy. Am thinking Cameron for Petch.(keeps his head)

This week i would rest Waterman and bring in a fresh Cameron. Watermans game was pretty good on the weekend and i rate him but i think we need Cameron in for his tackling pressure.

Out: Waterman
In: Cameron

Schoey Barrass Shep
Jetta Gov Hurn

Redden Sheed Gaff

Rioli Darling Cripps
Ryan JK Pet

Ruck: Hickey, Yeo, Shuey

Bench: Nelson, Hutchings,Allen, Cameron.
Surely you don't drop a guy whose played one of his best games and kicked 3 goals?

If Cameron comes in, it should be for Petrol I think.

Petrol has wheels but I don't think he likes the physical side
Of the game that much.

No tackles last game.

If Cameron comes in, it should be for Petrol I think.

Petrol has wheels but I don't think he likes the physical side
Of the game that much.

No tackles last game.

Saw Jack try to lay several tackles. He's not a big build guy and just got shrugged off. He hasn't got a footy background so it shouldn't be that surprising that he struggles to stick them at this stage of his development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back