Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe they prefer bergman to get a full game in the magpies, mayes to sub. marshall injured or dropped? wouldnt have dropped toddy

edit: disregard all of the above.

makes more sense!!

i do prefer bergman though over jones at this stage.

mayes as a sub works, can make an impact if needed, wing, middle back.

team balance looks better now also

Ladhams out is the right call but Hinkley's inability to manage two rucks in the side without complete form drops is a never ending saga.

Ladhams out is the right call but Hinkley's inability to manage two rucks without complete form drops is a never ending saga.

We don't even need two rucks. We've got part-time ruck options all over the ground, just about every other team does it and there has really been no indication that playing two is an advantage. Especially if we aren't winning * all from winning the taps.

Good to see Bergman’s been thrown to the curb after two games. Mayes isn’t the answer, Bergman could be. Dumb selection. Also confused bringing jones in ahead of Bergman. Bergman better with the ball at this stage. Jones has looked lost pre season.

We don't even need two rucks. We've got part-time ruck options all over the ground, just about every other team does it and there has really been no indication that playing two is an advantage. Especially if we aren't winning fu** all from winning the taps.
I don't think Charlie & Aliir are great long term chop out options & every Swans fan on Earth says he struggles when not settled down back, it's ok for Richmond as I said right call purely on Pete's form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Bergman’s been thrown to the curb after two games. Mayes isn’t the answer, Bergman could be. Dumb selection. Also confused bringing jones in ahead of Bergman. Bergman better with the ball at this stage. Jones has looked lost pre season.

think its more mayes will be the sub and might not get a run. where as bergman can get game time into him at sanfl level

Bergman is just finding his way he was hardly burning the house down he'll be back, Jones adds some aggression.
I guess that’s true, Jones will put his body on the line, haven’t seen that as much from bergs. doesn’t show much confidence in Bergs though from the coaches though Does it?

Ladhams out is the right call but Hinkley's inability to manage two rucks in the side without complete form drops is a never ending saga.
Can't agree with that, Hinkley isn't out there to take sitter marks for Ladhams, or beat a second ruckman. Ladhams was woefully poor last week, and not much better in round 1. If he wants that spot he has to do a lot more then what he currently gives. He is young if course but last week he was very poor in a poor side performance.

Can't agree with that, Hinkley isn't out there to take sitter marks for Ladhams, or beat a second ruckman. Ladhams was woefully poor last week, and not much better in round 1. If he wants that spot he has to do a lot more then what he currently gives. He is young if course but last week he was very poor in a poor side performance.
I said it was the right call, Hinkley however can't get the best out of two rucks it's been a constant failure.

I guess that’s true, Jones will put his body on the line, haven’t seen that as much from bergs. doesn’t show much confidence in Bergs though from the coaches though Does it?
I don't think so all he needs to do is perform at the maggies and he'll be in every selection conversation.

I said it was the right call, Hinkley however can't get the best out of two rucks it's been a constant failure.

The problem is that until Ladhams came along every ruck combo we've tried has been two first rucks trying to coexist. Pure ruckmen want to be the main man on the ground all game if they can and it just doesn't work in the modern game with two of them. Even West Coast went with one pure ruck against us last week.

Ladhams' point of difference is he is basically a giant half forward flanker who can ruck because he is so tall. He should work in the forward set up but he's completely lost his marking mojo. Even his ground ball efforts have turned as cumbersome as a carp trying to walk on dry land this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back