Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Time for a couple of debuts I think. Let’s see what the kids can offer.

Busslinger in for JOD. JOD needs to work on some form in the VFL. Buss is cleaning up at that level and it’s time to see what he can do.

Freijah in for Gallagher. Gags needs a spell. Freijah looks a class above in every VFL match.

If Libba’s out injured, Sanders back in. Grab a spot and make it his.

West should come back in.

Out: My love for the Bulldogs
In: My complete indifference for anything Bulldogs related. I don't care anymore.
Remember the late 70s early 80s as a kid suffering Monday mornings of bulldogs ridicule
And those poor school kids today
Out. Signing off from big footy
Out. Signing off from AFL
In kids going to school Mondays happy.

Remember the late 70s early 80s as a kid suffering Monday mornings of bulldogs ridicule
I work in an AFL mad work place. I copped it all last night from the night staff.

I’m glad our Hawks mad senior wasn’t working (Hi Mark if you’re reading this).

In to 22
Baker West Freijah Sanders Buss

Out
Libba JOD Gallagher Clarke Duryea

Sub either Gaggs or Clarke

If Bevo wants to play Richards forward again he can go to VFL as well, terrible move

JoD and Buku were terrible yesterday. I'm not sure what's happened to JoD but he's looked half the player he was last year.

Bring in Buss, Freijah, Sanders. You want to regenerate the list bevo here you go

Out: Khamis, JJ, Duryea, Libba
In: Busslinger, Friejah, West, Cleary

FB. Buss Jones Cleary
HB. Dale O'Donnell Friejah
C. Harmes Bont Williams
HF. West Naughton Jamarra
FF. VDM Darcy Clarke
R. English Garcia Richards
INT. Macrea Gallagher Bramble Treloar
SUB. Baker

So many changes required, so few players to replace them.
I'm torn between two scenarios:
A. We should now be starting a genuine rebuild and work our way through the list with an eye to the future.
B. We persevere with players that have shown decent form in the past and hope that they improve as the season progresses.
Conclusion: It's painfully obvious we are not a contender this season so, tentatively, I'm leaning towards A.
Unfortunately, Clarke was terrible in his debut and proved the gap between VFL and AFL, but at least we got a look at something different.
Busslinger, Freijah and Cleary need to be given opportunities asap to see whether they can do better than some of the incumbents.
In: Busslinger, Sanders, West, Daniel. If we wish to be bold, Freijah also.
Out: O'Donnell (Buku almost as poor yesterday), Gallagher (needs to rediscover form), Clarke (looked overwhelmed but keep safe), Duryea (5 disposals just not good enough).
A few other experienced players are just cruising through games and could need a shake up very soon. We need half a dozen mid year recruits!

OUT: JOD, Buku, Gallagher, Baker
IN: Keath, Buss, Freijah, West

Don’t love having to recall Keath but Buku has been worked out and JOD needs to find some form. Buss deserves a crack

Bramble sub and Richards to the backline, don’t mind if he rotates for the odd centre bounce but for f**ks sake the forward experiment ended years ago with him.

Clarke looked nervy as hell but willing to back him in again, need a small forward with Cody out and don’t see what dropping him immediately does for his confidence. Maybe shift him closer to goal

Macrae having our lowest non-sub affected TOG is f**ked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- JJ back to the VFLW where he can learn some toughness and stop being scared of his own shadow (although he'd probably be scared of the girls) replaced by Bedendo

- O'Donnell out so at least Buss can be given a try to see how he goes

- UH back to the 2nd to learn that there is more to playing football than trying for mark of the year every game (and stuffing it up each time), such as trying to stop the opposition players getting the ball or helping out your team mates ie standing 10m away by himself in the first quarter watching Naughton being held to the ground by one Hawthorn player and Libb being choked and sat on by 3 other Hawthorn players and not even attempting to help, crowd down in that pocket where it happened weren't too happy with his softness.

Out: a few deck chairs
In: some other deck chairs

That’s no reflection on the players themselves. It’s just hard to take the weekly charade seriously when the whole ship appears to be sinking. Meanwhile the faithful orchestra is still playing “Nearer My Dog To Thee”.

I reckon despite their injuries Richmond will torch us with pace & score a fk load of goals out the back. Get on Bolton for 30 & 5.

Does it really matter what the changes are the season done and dusted and first pick next season is what we get for Smith the suns are laughing all the way to the draft.

2025 needs New Coach, some speed in the midfield, some good ball users and some hardness for a start.

Does it really matter what the changes are the season done and dusted and first pick next season is what we get for Smith the suns are laughing all the way to the draft.

2025 needs New Coach, some speed in the midfield, some good ball users and some hardness for a start.
Exactly why we need to blood the kids and rotate some young guys with energy through the midfield. Personally I'm still hopeful someone will come late for English and we will end up with an early first compensation.
Use the remainder of the year to see who deserves to stick around for 2025, time to move on from Doc, JJ in defence and the midfield of Libba, Treloar, Bont and Macrea as our only CBA rotations.

Would love to see Bedendo back in and Sanders obviously. Learn in the seniors. Better than giving games to players that are passed it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bulldog supporting kids of today have it easy sitting 3-5 with a % over 110. And they have the Bont

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bulldog supporting kids of today have it easy sitting 3-5 with a % over 110. And they have the Bont

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think I went to 30+ games before we actually won one, what's sad though is at the time we were fighting to stay afloat both on and off the field where as now we are in a very healthy position off field however can't perform on field.

Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back