B: Rivers Frawley Bartram
HB: Grimes Garland Green
C: Morton Magner Howe
HF: Davey Watts Jones
F: Petterd Clark Dunn
R: Jamar Couch Trengove
Int: Martin Bate Bennell
S: Tapscott

I've moved Green to the HBF. Reads the play very well, and has good footskills, had a great year in 2010 when he roamed the field, and it would make one of their forwards have to play very defensive.

Morton to the wing, where he can run and spread. He can use the ball very well when he has space and time, and the wing is the best chance of that, and if uses it well going inside 50 that's a big boost.

Jones to the HFF to make Deledio accountable. Deledio starts there and ends up playing midfield anyway, so Jones can follow him, not a hard tag, but he will at least make Deledio think about playing both ways.

Petterd to Newman as the defensive forward.

Watts to CHF. Richmonds tall backs are useless, so why not expose it!

Couch to start in the middle and run with Cotchin. Won't keep up with him for pace, but will certainly make him earn hard balls. We need to win clearances, and with Couch and Magner in there, as well as Trengove for some class, I think that's our best bet.

Still a little concerned with our pace, mostly because Bennell is useless, but no one else has really earnt his spot, so what else can we do really?

B: Rivers Frawley Bartram
HB: Grimes Garland Green
C: Morton Magner Howe
HF: Davey Watts Jones
F: Petterd Clark Dunn
R: Jamar Couch Trengove
Int: Martin Bate Bennell
S: Tapscott

Still a little concerned with our pace, mostly because Bennell is useless, but no one else has really earnt his spot, so what else can we do really?
A 22 containing all of Morton, Bennell, Davey, Watts and Green at this point of the side's development fair makes me shudder.
I'm certain that there are a number of less-useless options as far as Bennell is concerned.

Green dropped. Sad day, but it had to happen. Joel Mac and Bennell no surprise. Ricky needs to work harder.

Welcome back Flash, Tappy, Morts and SM.

How does Couch still not get a game?

Not sure. The only reason I can think of is that we have too many of the same player in the side and bringing back both Davey and Morton adds something to the side we lack. He is stiff though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not seeing a good match-up for Sellar considering Rivers has done well on Vickery in the past...
Sellar can't even ruck given Martin is there.

Throw McDonald into that mix too. Obviously think he's a better match-up for a medium than Macdonald.

One of the talls is going to have to swing forward, whether that is Sellar, McDonald or Stef. I would have taken an extra runner in.

Yeah disturbing lack of pettard, he has the capacity to be the match winner forwArd.

Thrilled with the changes, bar Petterd.... Would have substituted him for Sellar, but them's the breaks...

No room for another inside mid in Couch, he is more a backup than anything I would have thought...

Pettard normally goes ok against us. Tapscott is a good in, as is Martin. How much footy have your ins played this preseason? Any chance they'll be underdone?

I didn't think Ricky had a particularly bad game against the addicts. Don't like seeing him in and out of the side. He is easily in our best 22 IMO. Do like the fact Neeld is making some decisions though. Two weeks in a row now. I'm willing to run with him purely because he actually has a plan

both Davey and Morton adds something to the side we lack.
I'm trying to work out what either players add right now that we would want.

As sad as it makes me, Davey's best is behind him.
Loss of speed really damages his game and the recent complete loss of confidence made him a liability.

I can't see how Morton will ever be anything but a liability.

Also agree with the comments already made about Ricky-Bobby and Crouch.

Welcome back Tappy! looking forward to see how he does and what he shows.

Yes, very glad to see Tappy back and Martin is an important in for us (despite the amount of talls going into this game).

I suppose Davey has experience and a cool head but whether that makes up for his other pit-falls I'm not sure. As for Morton, the sooner Neeld's jaw drops the better.

Very poor selection's in my opinion:

* Davey and Tapscott didn't earn their spot something Neeld is apparently preaching...Davey didnt play 1 VFL match and Tapscott hasn't been near the best. On the other hand what does Couch have to do?????

* We have gone in faaaaar too tall - Sellar, Frawley, Garland, Rivers and Mcdonald all in the backline :S

* We are lacking genuine midfielders....really needs to be addressed in the upcoming draft

End Rant

Petterd is a good player, hate him being out. We have to figure out how to use him, in our current situation surely he's good enough for a start. I cant help but think in a good side he'd be a gun. Also agree with others that we dont need so many tall backs against richmond. On a brighter note love having Tapscott in the side. And if we get done we can all blame it on Morton (probably justifiably).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back