Preview Changes vs Roos Rnd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

10k soft cap for a losing case is a reasonable risk for a player not in our best 22.

We'd want to be going in with a strong case if we challenge.

Yeah it's a BS result but no way we are blowing 10k on a fringe player here. What I'd be interested in if it was a Cripps or Bont, what would the result be? If this guy didn't get concussed it was a free and we move on. Ryan on the other hand has gone past the ball and sniped a guy with a bump to the chin and he gets a week. I love a good bump, but if we are protecting the head, then surely the bump is a worse look than a tackle gone slightly wrong. Like others have said, a jumper punch to the chin would barely gain a fine, yet a slightly wrong tackle that injures someone gets multiple weeks. FRO MRO you're drunk!

I am just pissed off is all. Y'all know where my heart is.

Can we just throw Majak Daw a game for the sake of it. Even one game mate come on.

Can kind of accept Chandler’s decision, unlucky but there has been precedent and supposedly it is the tackler’s responsibility if pinning both arms.
The Ryan / Bowey one however is incomprehensible and complete crap. Why can the AFL not see this as just plain stupid? If Bowey had been knocked unconscious Ryan would have got multiple weeks yet the action would have been exactly the same. Angry!

Hopefully we can get our attacking game going this week. Was the GC game last year where that synergy across four quarters really started to come in and then was maintained through finals. Maybe it’s too early this year but with a pretty tough run of four games after the North game it would be a good time to test our peak capacity.

Screenshot_20220517-164947_Chrome.jpg
Without fail (sometimes as a shitpost, sometimes weirdly legitimately), this has shown up in every opposition preview thread so far this year.

This week, 'running through' 186cm, 98kg Petracca and 189cm, 87kg Oliver is...* checks notes * 182cm, 77kg Jy Simpkin.

Prayers up for Jy, may his future career be less physically taxing.

looks up height and weight stats to make a rebuttal :$:$
Because if you're gonna make the joke, at least hit me with something realistic like the ghost of Braydon Preuss launching the three of them into the sun simultaneously.

At least it's not as bad as the legitimate posts calling for Rhyan Mansell, whoever that is, to do the same a few weeks ago.

Because if you're gonna make the joke, at least hit me with something realistic like the ghost of Braydon Preuss launching the three of them into the sun simultaneously.

At least it's not as bad as the legitimate posts calling for Rhyan Mansell, whoever that is, to do the same a few weeks ago.

We used to do this s**t all the time, replace Jy Simpkin with Tom Bugg and our stars with some premiership teams stars 7 years ago and this is me.

We used to do this s**t all the time, replace Jy Simpkin with Tom Bugg and our stars with some premiership teams stars 7 years ago and this is me.
You know what, I probably did too. Real 'my day would beat up your dad' vibes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go_Roos! and GoDees2021 are brothers im pretty sure. Big Footy usernames too similar not to be.
Looking forward to watching Steven May come up against his son, Jaidyn Stephenson this week

Charlie Spargo to run through Ziebell, Horne-Francis and Davies-Uniacke before torping his 10th goal in a row from 80m out.

Charlie Spargo to run through Ziebell, Horne-Francis and Davies-Uniacke before torping his 10th goal in a row from 80m out.
You had me until you put a zero behind the eight

If we lose this by less than 10 goals that's a win for us.

Look guys can we put the streak behind us and have mercy? Please?

Still haven't forgotten this one mate.

Their percentage is currently lower than our infamous 2013 team's. Additionally, they only finished 10th that year when we lost to them by 122.

Ffs I want a 150 point demolition and I'll complain until I get it.

We’ve only had two 100 point wins this century, with 9 losses. Both wins against Carlton. We just aren’t that kind of club. I’ll take any win that improves our percentage, so as long as we score 1.6x North’s score. 50-30 will do me :)

Their percentage is currently lower than our infamous 2013 team's. Additionally, they only finished 10th that year when we lost to them by 122.

Ffs I want a 150 point demolition and I'll complain until I get it.
In fairness their percentage is slightly above what ours was at round 9 2013. We were 53.53% with 637 PF and 1190 PA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back