Preview Changes vs Roos Rnd 10

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jumpers.jpg

Hope the Umpires aren't in blue as well . Surely both teams won't wear blue shorts .

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Na, fu** that, lets not be like other clubs and debut players as the sub.

Any club who does that to a kid should be :$

Weird thing to care about IMHO. As long as there is a sub rule coming on as sub can be a good way to introduce new kids.

My only issue is the statistical side of counting it as a game if you don't get on, which makes zero sense.

Weird thing to care about IMHO. As long as there is a sub rule coming on as sub can be a good way to introduce new kids.

My only issue is the statistical side of counting it as a game if you don't get on, which makes zero sense.

Bring the family down, get them in the rooms pre game , jumper presentation, then have them watch him sit on the bench for the entirety, its a campaigners act.

Your debut should be exciting, sitting on the bench as a sub is not.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bring the family down, get them in the rooms pre game , jumper presentation, then have them watch him sit on the bench for the entirety, its a campaigners act.

I don't care what anyone says about integrity I think it is a bit heartless that coaches do this. You aren't going to win or lose the game based on your sub choice.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne

That's my point - if you don't get on the ground then it's not your debut.
Tell ya family to come back next week.

That's my point - if you don't get on the ground then it's not your debut.

But thats not the way it is, so your point is irrelevant under the current system.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
But thats not the way it is, so your point is irrelevant under the current system.

The current rule is you pick a sub and maybe they get on the ground and maybe they don't.
In that context having a sentimental touchy feely club rule that you won't pick certain players as sub in case it puts their family out is a weird approach to professional sports.

If the sub rule persists, then we just have to get used to the treating the moment you step on the ground as the big occasion rather than the moment your name is written on the team sheet.

The current rule is you pick a sub and maybe they get on the ground and maybe they don't.
In that context having a sentimental touchy feely club rule that you won't pick certain players as sub in case it puts their family out is a weird approach to professional sports.

If the sub rule persists, then we just have to get used to the treating the moment you step on the ground as the big occasion rather than the moment your name is written on the team sheet.

I do agree getting a game credited to you as an unused sub is s**t, but as the rule currently stands youre not going to convince me otherwise.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I do agree getting a game credited to you as an unused sub is s**t, but as the rule currently stands youre not going to convince me otherwise.

Yep agree, its a joke. Bedford has technically played 10 games for the club but only been on the field in 4 of those.

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Harmes misses with injury then one of Bedford/Laurie to come in for him.

Chandler likely to miss and get rubbed out for 1 week for his unintentional hit.

Wouldn't mind seeing one of the above as the sub to replace Chandler.

As other have mentioned, it would be crap to debut as sub, and against a cellar dwellar shambles of a club like Norf I wouldn't be opposed to a Laurie debut. Perfect conditions for it!

Dec 15, 2008
Voyager 1
AFL Club
Melbourne
If Harmes misses with injury then one of Bedford/Laurie to come in for him.

Chandler likely to miss and get rubbed out for 1 week for his unintentional hit.

Wouldn't mind seeing one of the above as the sub to replace Chandler.

As other have mentioned, it would be crap to debut as sub, and against a cellar dwellar shambles of a club like Norf I wouldn't be opposed to a Laurie debut. Perfect conditions for it!
I'd like to see Bedford replace Chandler, in the side. Because of his solid form, and because of the importance of this round for our indigenous players.

I'd also like to see Rosman get a game, or as sub. If Rosman... it could be to the wing, or back flank. If the flank... Brayshaw could go back to the wing, one week ahead of Salem's return.
And Jordan could fill Harmes role.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'd like to see Bedford replace Chandler, in the side. Because of his solid form, and because of the importance of this round for our indigenous players.

I'd also like to see Rosman get a game, or as sub. If Rosman... it could be to the wing, or back flank. If the flank... Brayshaw could go back to the wing, one week ahead of Salem's return.
And Jordan could fill Harmes role.
Rosman is closer to delist than debut..

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
2 weeks for Chandler 1 week for Ryan is a ******* joke.

Out of principle the club should be appealing. They won’t win but they should be supporting their player and arguing the case that it was not an unreasonable action in the circumstances and shouldn’t constitute a reportable offence.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils

Out of principle the club should be appealing. They won’t win but they should be supporting their player and arguing the case that it was not an unreasonable action in the circumstances and shouldn’t constitute a reportable offence.

He would have gotten far less if he had struck Foley in the guts . Absolutely ******* shambolic.

Punching somebody= AOK $2000 fine

A Fair Tackle unfortunate to concuss someone= Go to Jail for 2 weeks.

* Off MRO FRO!!!

Ryan is lucky the Bowza is one tough hombre.

Yeah run passed the ball and hit a guy head high, 1 week

Tackle someone faiy with no two action but he hits his head, 2 weeks

Makes no sense

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils
Its all based on the outcome these days. Im disappointed but not surprised. If it was me in charge both would get nothing.

Christina has no feel about the game any more.

Therefore THE MRO CAN FRO.

Chandler is 175cms 80kgs
Foley is 189cms 81kgs

Aint Chandlers fault that Foley is concussed.

We need to challenge it. If it was Vines, Trac, Clarry etc.. we'd do it for them so why not Chandles?

Last edited:

Chandler is 175cms 80kgs
Foley is 189cms 81kgs

We need to challenge it. If it was Vines, Trac, Clarry etc.. we'd do it for them so why not Chandles?
10k soft cap for a losing case is a reasonable risk for a player not in our best 22.

We'd want to be going in with a strong case if we challenge.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Chandler is 175cms 80kgs
Foley is 189cms 81kgs

Yeah it's a BS result but no way we are blowing 10k on a fringe player here. What I'd be interested in if it was a Cripps or Bont, what would the result be? If this guy didn't get concussed it was a free and we move on. Ryan on the other hand has gone past the ball and sniped a guy with a bump to the chin and he gets a week. I love a good bump, but if we are protecting the head, then surely the bump is a worse look than a tackle gone slightly wrong. Like others have said, a jumper punch to the chin would barely gain a fine, yet a slightly wrong tackle that injures someone gets multiple weeks. FRO MRO you're drunk!

Back