Preview Changes vs Saints (and Jam preference) - OMac, T Smith and Baker for Lockhart, Preuss and May

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
JKH is warranted on Casey form. I get we've seen him enough, but he deserves a game based on his form there. More so than Dunkley, Hannan, Josh Wagner, Corey Wagner sans his game against Footscray, Lockhart and even baker in recent times.

Clearly his papers are stamped, but so too should a 28 year old Tim Smith, who's in and out at a similar frequency to my wife's purchasing of sanitary pads, AVB, who, whilst a decent player, has similar confirmed sightings the past 3 years as bigfoot, Billy stretch, Maynard, Garlett and KK, who would get concussed running past spargo's shadow.

I really don't care about whoever's in and out. It's fait accompli we will be in the game for 3 quarters Saturday night, and 1 quarter we will be overrun. Just depends which quarter it is that happens!
I am just trying to not think about your wife’s sanitary pads concussing Bigfoot, but yeah, maybe JKH could play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gysberts2Bate

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wagner's bad kick was into the corridor to try and change the angle. Bailey Fritsch cost us the game with a much worse kick.
Two weeks in a row Fritta's done something stupid and cost us a shot at winning. At the same time though is it entirely his fault when he's had to play an inert defensive role all season, and he's just getting used to playing that offensive match-winning role? Will back him to nail those kicks next time around.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Two weeks in a row Fritta's done something stupid and cost us a shot at winning. At the same time though is it entirely his fault when he's had to play an inert defensive role all season, and he's just getting used to playing that offensive match-winning role? Will back him to nail those kicks next time around.
Im not hanging the kid at all, he was epic as a forward just pointing out the irrational Wagner hate

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm with you. Think they're both quite good players honestly.
Will Wagner be a best 22 player? Nah
But does he give you an honest contest, yup and he also takes on the risky kicks in the corridor you need to score in modern footy. Him and Frost can stuff em up but you would rather they die trying than just pumping it endlessly down the line

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Like for instance Jetta has been s**t since coming back and Wagner's been better but not a single mention of Jetta.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tulip

Hall of Famer
May 3, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham
Like for instance Jetta has been s**t since coming back and Wagner's been better but not a single mention of Jetta.
Lol come on. Jetta has been out for 3 months and has proven quite clearly over the last 5 years that he’s a way better player than Wagner. He’s clearly a bit rusty.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
You’d be all over this post if it was from someone else TK.

‘That’s a stupid comparison! Jetta has hundreds of credits in the bank and is just coming off an extended injury break. He hasn’t been that bad anyway!’

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Lol come on. Jetta has been out for 3 months and has proven quite clearly over the last 5 years that he’s a way better player than Wagner. He’s clearly a bit rusty.
It's not anything against Jetta. It's about the irrational Wagner hate.

DemonZombie_001

All Australian
Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's not anything against Jetta. It's about the irrational Wagner hate.
I am a believer that if you bring someone in they need to stay in for a few games at least.

The problem with the Wagners is that they have not showed much at the top level *as yet*. Pretty sure J. Wagner had some pretty badly executed plays that resulted in turnovers last week in a team that had they kicked straight would have won. I thought overall Melbourne was the better team. That lost again.

If either player can turn up on the weekend limit the poor execution and keep the pressure high that will be a start in winning fans over. They are competing against another 4 to 6 players for the role they are playing.

Full disclosure I actually think they have the ability to make it. But that does not mean both will. J.Wagner is 25 now so he needs to impress.

And you should not compare Jetta as he has just had 3 months off and is clearly in the teams best 22.

Top Bottom