Preview Changes vs Saints (and Jam preference) - OMac, T Smith and Baker for Lockhart, Preuss and May

Remove this Banner Ad

IN: O.Mac, Baker, T.Smith
OUT: Preuss, Lockhart, May :(

May out, OMac in is truely horrifying

Last weeks game was a bit of a horror for Lockhart.
Preuss make sense.
May being injured is just frustrating.

For Omac I would like them to try him forward. Does anyone think he is going to make it in the back ? He is contracted to the end of 2020 so they need to find a role for him and being just a backup (2nd or 3rd choice at that) for the back line is not a role.

Last weeks game was a bit of a horror for Lockhart.
Preuss make sense.
May being injured is just frustrating.

For Omac I would like them to try him forward. Does anyone think he is going to make it in the back ? He is contracted to the end of 2020 so they need to find a role for him and being just a backup (2nd or 3rd choice at that) for the back line is not a role.
Yeah, no problem with the outs. Both were rubbish last week.

OMac was dropped to get some work in in the gym, and develop his game in the VFL, gotta give him a chance to see if it's worked.

Feel like anytime a player gets an article on them in the paper they either get injured or their form drops to s**t directly afterwards. No surprises this happened to Stevie May :(

Not the most inspiring changes but I'm keen to see O'mac again, not ready to give up on him just yet.

Been thinking recently that maybe Fritsch playing back and Brayshaw doing a tagging role etc. isn't the worst thing that's happened this year, finals were obviously out so we may as well try and develop players as best as we can, maybe that was the purpose of playing them in different roles? Or maybe the match committee are just nonsense, who fn knows lol.

Anyway.

* SAINT KILDA!!!

Can't wait to DEMOLISH these arseholes. Tomorrow I'm going to express post a box of Kleenex to that flog BRETT RATTEN. He better have it with him so he can dry his eyes when Goody takes a massive s**t on his chances of ever being a coach again. Actually * that, I wanna see his tears. Him and everyone else in Moorabin.

Top to bottom St Kilda are ******* trash, we should murder them comfortably.

C'MON DEEESSS!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Didn’t know he had to hit the weights. Odd to spend time in the gym this time of year.
There was something mentioned when he was dropped that they were going to put him through a mini preseason, running, and weights, after he was one of the many that missed a lot of it.

Ok so how are we going to beat the Saints? From what I know of watching them in the past they’ll play a typical outside game as much as possible. Billings, Ross, Newnes will try and find space to stream into and look to burn us on the rebound. Membrey and Bruce tend to be very mobile, so will push up the ground then push back hard into space with Gresham and Lonie remaining very mobile.

Let’s try and be smart and play a man back please? I don’t want to see this hyper aggressive defensive press getting dragged up then getting caught out because they transition away from us too fast. We need to be smart and use a 7th defender where possible. Great chance for Lever to intercept all night.

We tend to play Etihad ok, so I’d like to see some decent use of the corridor with Smith and Petty playing a highly competitive crash and bash formula, then bring in Petracca, Hunt and Harmes to be crumbing. Crumbing is really bad for us so this has to get better. I reckon our forward line has their defence covered, so if we can be semi decent with entries and compete non stop we should get on top.

I'm bemused from people calling for Oscar to play forward, but go pack to his selection highlights.

Do Melbourne seriously just ruin good talent? Not a bad lead up player and can slot a goal.
There's a reason Knightmare, Callum Twomey, etc rated him a top 25 prospect pre-draft. Looked better in the TAC Cup than seniors, which happens to a lot of KPPs

I'm bemused from people calling for Oscar to play forward, but go pack to his selection highlights.

Do Melbourne seriously just ruin good talent? Not a bad lead up player and can slot a goal.
Who the hell was that?

There's a reason Knightmare, Callum Twomey, etc rated him a top 25 prospect pre-draft. Looked better in the TAC Cup than seniors, which happens to a lot of KPPs
You're right, but look at the confidence and ability kicking for goal. Every highlight package makes a junior look like a superstar for drafting. It just looks bad for Melbourne with it's failure to progress players. Play him forward for a few games because Oscar down back is not working.

Mother of God...

I thought Double Wagner was horrid enough last week, now Goody has outdone himself..

OMac in is bad enough, but OMac in after failing at VFL level then NOT EVEN PLAYING at any level last week.. wtf Goody.

OMac offers NOTHING.

To top it off, May clearly injured midgame last week, comes back on to the ground to play remaining quarter, now out with a hammy.

Thank god we have Burgess for next year cause Misso can piss off to Canada early.

* me

All I know is that we will lose and Membrey will kick a bag. Couldn't care less if OMac or Wagners are in or out. Who cares. Season is done. Glad Baker gets a game. Would love to see Jordon get a game before season's end. Zero interest in this game or any game for the rest of the year tbh, unless we play a number of debutants. I'll check the scores at the end of the game and watch replay if we win. That is how much I've lost interest in this team this season. Just a wasted season! But hey, Misson gone, Burgess in so that's a win. We just need someone to teach these muppets how to hit a target now..

Mother of God...

I thought Double Wagner was horrid enough last week, now Goody has outdone himself..

OMac in is bad enough, but OMac in after failing at VFL level then NOT EVEN PLAYING at any level last week.. wtf Goody.

OMac offers NOTHING.

To top it off, May clearly injured midgame last week, comes back on to the ground to play remaining quarter, now out with a hammy.

Thank god we have Burgess for next year cause Misso can p**s off to Canada early.

fu** me
This is something I honestly have no idea about. Is Misson there on game day making these calls? So in regards to May and JSmith earlier in the year, when these players complain of soreness or tightness or actually have a legit injury, is it Misson's call to say they are ok to play on? I'm assuming so, but I honestly have no idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back