Prediction Changes vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Dropping Sheed was worth it just to see the tears from the fanbois.
tenor.gif

I like it. MC beeing unpredictable keeps campaigners on toes. Would have preferred Petch in but gives Nelson incentive to cement and bring the campaigner.
Also like the Sheed drop because I reckon it will spur him on and come round 23 he will become indispensable.

No problems with Dom being dropped. Fan of Sheed but he'd be in our bottom 4-5 players since his return.

Honestly, outside of his game against Geelong in which he was huge in the final quarter.. i don't reckon he's put in a A+ game this season. He's the 4th - 5th guy in the midfield rotation so he gets a free run pretty much every week, he could be doing a lot more damage.

Think this is more of a rocket then him being squeezed out of the 22 though, he'll be back in a couple of games.

Maybe Sheed shouldn't have come back in without WAFL time. He doesn't seem to be that sort of player that's essential to bring back at any cost off an injury.

He's best 22 long term, but he could have come back through the WAFL.

I expect Jetta or Duggan to move to the wing.

Hutchings super lucky imo, been well below 50% disposal efficiency in several games. Just burns the ball too often.

He isn't picked for his ball winning ability or his precise kicking though.

He will go to Jack Steven and hopefully negate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top of the ladder, players in career best form - even those written off

Reckon we can trust the match committee to make the right call.

We don't know what role/s the players are being asked to do or if there are other issues around the group.

Given we are 9-1 I'm leaning towards giving the MC the benefit of the doubt.

No problems with Dom being dropped. Fan of Sheed but he'd be in our bottom 4-5 players since his return.

Honestly, outside of his game against Geelong in which he was huge in the final quarter.. i don't reckon he's put in a A+ game this season. He's the 4th - 5th guy in the midfield rotation so he gets a free run pretty much every week, he could be doing a lot more damage.

Think this is more of a rocket then him being squeezed out of the 22 though, he'll be back in a couple of games.
My exact thoughts a few weeks ago, hasn't had the best year and needs to do more to be an automatic inclusion.

Will be back in one week, maybe 2.

I think Shuey gets 75% of Sheeds minutes, with Jetta taking the other 25%

Masten will relinquish his minutes by 100% with Shuey taking 20%, Duggan 50% and Jetta 30%

For the remainder of Jettas game he will play 45% of his own minutes with Nelson pitching in for the other 55% of his minutes.

*All remaining minutes go to the highest bidder

Phew, it's hard being a coach!

He isn't picked for his ball winning ability or his precise kicking though.

He will go to Jack Steven and hopefully negate him.
I get that and he can tackle well which is a bonus. Im just wondering if it's really worth having him get 18 disposals at 22% efficiency (7 clangers) while Mitchell has 28 disposals. I know Mitchell wasn't hugely effective but he isn't always the most damaging player anyway.

My comment was more to do with having named 8 defenders rather than the usual seven.

Not sure I like this shuffling around of roles which have been working well so far.

Someone has to move into Masto's role though. As maligned as he is, he does a fairly important job. Nelson goes back, and I reckon Duggan will move up the ground, despite Jetta being named on the wing.

I get that and he can tackle well which is a bonus. Im just wondering if it's really worth having him get 18 disposals at 22% efficiency (7 clangers) while Mitchell has 28 disposals. I know Mitchell wasn't hugely effective but he isn't always the most damaging player anyway.

Depends on how important Mitchell was for the Hawks.

If they were using him as their primary playmaker then him being down goes a long way to the Hawks losing the midfield battle.

Look at Fyfe at Freo. If he just as a normal game instead of a great one Freo are stuffed.

Whereas we can carry one negative midfielder since the majority of our play goes through Gaff, Yeo and Shuey.

Sheeds problems are between the ears as is Masten. Really want to see Brander blooded in an easy game to give him a taste of whats required at the top level. Then back to WAFL for a few years to earn his stripes, Masten and Sheed are like the old days of Rosa and Ebert...you can only have one of them in the side at any time. They are soft and this team is all about Hardness!!!!! at the ball. Not to be a smug Fu!@ but I said 5-6 years ago this side would be flying once Rosa, Ebert, Scooter, Stevens and Masten were replaced...only one to go BABY!!!

Sheeds problems are between the ears as is Masten. Really want to see Brander blooded in an easy game to give him a taste of whats required at the top level. Then back to WAFL for a few years to earn his stripes, Masten and Sheed are like the old days of Rosa and Ebert...you can only have one of them in the side at any time. They are soft and this team is all about Hardness!!!!! at the ball. Not to be a smug Fu!@ but I said 5-6 years ago this side would be flying once Rosa, Ebert, Scooter, Stevens and Masten were replaced...only one to go BABY!!!
Masten still copping it for no reason, I see...

I'd prefer to see Cole on the wing than Jetta but we'll wait and see.

Would have expected Sheed to come good this week, which makes his exclusion somewhat surprising. Maybe it's something specific in his game and/or maybe it's team balance with Hutch being retained for negative/ defensive purposes. He played his career best game against Geelong, hopefully he can return that sort of form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back