Unofficial Preview Changes vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually going to post tonight about how much I think Answerth's season has been underrated. Starcevich gets all the praise in defence, and rightfully so on the whole, but Noah has put together a really solid season I think. He's become very reliable and isn't going anywhere anytime soon I don't think.
You might be right. He is certainly brave. I do question his decision making at times and his kicking let’s him down, although that has improved. My main ‘knock’ on him is his lack of pace. I would prefer Madden on that criterion. I think our backline needs to be faster and as a small defender, he is not quick enough for mine. Fagan likes him though and he has plenty of out and out supporters.

No one can possibly call for Rhys to be dropped. Genuine one level player.

Fagan in the post game said Rhys played a different role tonight and did it well.

I'm going to have to watch the replay to work out what he was doing. 🤣🤣
I though at times he may have had a role on Cripps watching it live at a lot of stoppages he seemed to have his hands on Crips but I'm probably wrong.

I was actually going to post tonight about how much I think Answerth's season has been underrated. Starcevich gets all the praise in defence, and rightfully so on the whole, but Noah has put together a really solid season I think. He's become very reliable and isn't going anywhere anytime soon I don't think.
Unbelievably courageous as well...

FWIW Daly just said on radio it’s ribs for Adams. They don’t think there’s any cracks in there but with only a 5 day break it would be unlikely for him to get up this week.
That was the best game that Adams had played for about 10 weeks or so.
It would be a shame if he were to miss too many games, a rest this week would bring him in fresh for Melbourne which would only be a good thing.

No one can possibly call for Rhys to be dropped. Genuine one level player.

Fagan in the post game said Rhys played a different role tonight and did it well.

I'm going to have to watch the replay to work out what he was doing. 🤣🤣
By the looks of it at the game he spent a bit of time on Cripps and then in the forward line. Not sure what was different to what he has been playing in the ressies as he was kicking multiple goals there. maybe they came from drifting forward though.

By the looks of it at the game he spent a bit of time on Cripps and then in the forward line. Not sure what was different to what he has been playing in the ressies as he was kicking multiple goals there. maybe they came from drifting forward though.

I skimmed through the game again. Time as a pressure forward I think. Loving the ball in.

Lester has played in the midfield in the twos and has been dominate.

Matho has shown that footy smarts acquired over years is valuable.

Wonder if they are preparing Lester to be super sub if someone goes down. He has defence nailed, now polishing his midfield 'craft' (hate that word but whatever), and backs usually can have a go at forward and they have studied forwards every time they play.

Wonder if they are preparing Lester to be super sub if someone goes down. He has defence nailed, now polishing his midfield 'craft' (hate that word but whatever), and backs usually can have a go at forward and they have studied forwards every time they play.

I suspect it was more a case of being very skinny in the inside mid department and him needing to play in there to let others play their role elsewhere on the ground. The ultimate team man is Froggy.

On the roar deal Lester said he was just covering because of a lack of misfielders in the reserves which makes sense

You might be right. He is certainly brave. I do question his decision making at times and his kicking let’s him down, although that has improved. My main ‘knock’ on him is his lack of pace. I would prefer Madden on that criterion. I think our backline needs to be faster and as a small defender, he is not quick enough for mine. Fagan likes him though and he has plenty of out and out supporters.

I might have to start paying more attention, I recall Answerth had plenty of pace. Was strong, fast, but delivery by foot was questionable early days.

All the weights haven't slowed him down have they? I know they slowed me down a bit back in my Mr Olympia days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might have to start paying more attention, I recall Answerth had plenty of pace. Was strong, fast, but delivery by foot was questionable early days.

All the weights haven't slowed him down have they? I know they slowed me down a bit back in my Mr Olympia days.
He is great when he gets a head of steam up - it is more acceleration and reaction time for mine.

OFFICIAL BIG FOOTY POST OF THE YEAR!
Lester is the complete footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back