Preview Changes vs ST KILDA. Elimination final preview (GABBA- Sat 3rd October). Happy now??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bevo also said we have got nothing lose now we have made the finals, which I find a bit strange. Think it was a way of defecting the pressure needing to win each week.

out. Naughton (inj), r.smith
In. Dickson, west

I know Dickson is done but I trust him more possibly playing his last game than Dale, lloyd or Cavarra in a final.

I also worry about Gardner, R.smith and Richards as I don't think they do enough to be in a winning finals team. They have been servicable but need a bit more, hard to change now but id bring in west as he is simply harder at the ball

I'd consider trengrove but we know that wont happen. Reckon this game comes down to the better coach if we play saints. Ratten is another worry

Edit. I guess Dale as West injured

Last edited:
out. Naughton (inj), r.smith
In. Dickson, west

I know Dickson is done but I trust him more possibly playing his last game than Dale, lloyd or Cavarra in a final.

I also worry about Gardner, R.smith and Richards as I don't think they do enough to be in a winning finals team. They have been servicable but need a bit more, hard to change now but id bring in west as he is simply harder at the ball

I'd consider trengrove but we know that wong happen
West is out for the season

Bevo said Wally would be ok and Naughton has a cheekbone and depending how high up it was he is a good chance to play. Also said Easton and Josh's wife are heavily pregnant so a trip to Perth would not be ideal.

51780E03-CFD9-4385-A25D-E4A47123C270.jpeg

Vandermeer is listed at 2-4 weeks on the club website, but as they rarely bother updating the injury list who knows if this is accurate. if ready he should come in as he adds an extra dimension to the team. Maybe two dimensions. The 4th and 5th ones.

He's clearly a better option than Richards, but Ed is some sort of a lucky talisman, so drop him at your peril. Bev sleeps with a lock of his hair in an amulet around his neck.

There is no way Schache plays. Word on the street is he may well not be at the Dogs next year.

Last edited:
OUT:
Naughty

IN:
Shack

If Wallis doesn't pull up then Dale the obvious replacement for him.

Injuries hitting us at the wrong time.
Absolutely no chance Bevo picks Josh for a final. Naughton was injured for a fair portion of the season and he still couldn’t get a game.

If Naughton is out, we do need someone to come in who has the ability to kick goals. Probably Dale or Lloyd.

Forward line would certainly look different if we have to go to Perth & Bruce can't go + if Naughton doesn't get up...

Hopefully it goes the other way & they both get up for a QLD game v Saints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vandermeer is listed at 2-4 weeks on the club website, but as they rarely bother updating the injury list who knows if this is accurate. if ready he should come in as he adds an extra dimension to the team. Maybe two dimensions. The 4th and 5th ones.

He's clearly a better option than Richards, but Ed is some sort of a lucky talisman, so drop him at your peril. Bev sleeps with a lock of his hair in an amulet around his neck.

There is no way Schache plays. Word on the street is he may well not be at the Dogs next year.

VDM was expected to be out for 6 weeks, which will be the weekend of finals. Might be too big of a risk unless he’s back into full training in the next week and could of otherwise been available for selection next weekend if there was a match

Just annoying there hasn’t been any scratch match reports the past couple of weeks. Unless they are all playing like shite 🤷‍♂️

Do we need 3 key defenders if we play saints?

King, Membrey and a resting ruck.

Might mean Keath plays forward.
Saints are one of the teams where I’d be comfortable playing 3 tall defenders.

Keath - King
Gardner - Marshall/Ryder
Cordy - Membrey
Wood - Battle

They have some serious height and athleticism up forward.

We are going to need Bruce to help in the ruck if we play Saints, last time English was destroyed taking on both Ryder and Marshall alone.

Naughton potentially missing could impact that, surely leaves the door open for Schache if we want to keep the same structure.

If Naughton is out I would bring in Trengrove and play Tim 60/40 as a key forward. English leads well, has improved his kicking and adds a potent marking target. Trengrove can ruck 60 per cent of the game And would be competitive. If not I would bring in Schache and play Bruce deep and pray he clunks his marks. He was better last night even though he dropped a few. Trengrove could also play on Ryder when fwd

Roarke was excellent yesterday when it mattered. He is a talent and I'm glad we have persisted. Without 2 knee injuries, he would be a best 22 lock.
He has kicked some clutch goals (v WC), is tough, good in the air and is usually good with his disposal. The audacity to take on the man on the mark yesterday was a snippet of his potential. Glad we have him.

Agree on the other two!

Vander for Richards would be a great result for us, fingers crossed he’s ready to go.

I don’t like the backline mix and in a way I think Naughty going off yesterday almost helped us to be completely honest. Saints will burn us if we go in that slow down back again.

Rourkes best game for the club, Im confident he’s good enough to be in the bottom handful of players in the 22 these days so it’s one less weak link in the chain.

Vander for Richards would be a great result for us, fingers crossed he’s ready to go.

I don’t like the backline mix and in a way I think Naughty going off yesterday almost helped us to be completely honest. Saints will burn us if we go in that slow down back again.

Rourkes best game for the club, Im confident he’s good enough to be in the bottom handful of players in the 22 these days so it’s one less weak link in the chain.

I've always been a fan of the two KPD combination. Especially when Wood can basically play on anyone 192cm or below and English drops back to protect all the time.

Rourke was outstanding last night. Im not a believer in what he does but he proved me wrong. 100% deserves his spot for the elimination final.

Richards has always been my major worry. Just doesn't impact enough.

Bevo also said we have got nothing lose now we have made the finals, which I find a bit strange. Think it was a way of defecting the pressure needing to win each week.

I think it's because there are no expectations on us anymore. Making finals was really the minimum expectation we should have with this list at this stage of their development. Now that we have made it there are at least 6 better teams than us and four of those teams have a double chance. If we win a game or two that's a bonus. It's not that we won't be giving it our absolute best crack; the point is that playing without expectations allows you to play with a bit more freedom. We all know that this side plays better when we are the underdogs. So Bevo will go in pumping them up and instilling enough confidence required for the boys to believe, but deep down they all know we just scraped in and haven't taken a decent scalp all year - and that might be a good thing.

Pray to jamarra that naughton and wallis are good to go and that wood and Bruce decide to head across.
Best case
Richards for cavarra.
By the sounds of things naughton the most likely to miss if that's the case le.young or Greene come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back