Preview Changes vs ST KILDA. Elimination final preview (GABBA- Sat 3rd October). Happy now??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is going to Caleb Daniel ? After the success of recent weeks with this tactic, i am going with Nick Hind or perhaps the object of much trade whispers around the water cooler the great Jack Lonie who could use project Caleb as an opportunity to audition for a position.

Bit concerned the week off might kill some of out momentum like it appeared to do last season.

i don’t think that had any effect.

The 2019 final was all about being bullied physically. I refuse to think with libba, wallis and even Bruce available this time around that we would be pushed around based on the round 3 GWS game. Let alone by the Saints who I don’t think are that physical.

Western Bulldogs star Aaron Naughton will undergo his fourth operation in 12 months on Tuesday, but something would have to go drastically wrong for Naughton to miss the club’s fourth elimination final in six years.

Fourth operation in 12 months!!!!!! These guys go through quite a lot to play. ( I know they get paid well but they put their bodies through a lot and get threatened on social media to boot)

i don’t think that had any effect.

The 2019 final was all about being bullied physically. I refuse to think with libba, wallis and even Bruce available this time around that we would be pushed around based on the round 3 GWS game. Let alone by the Saints who I don’t think are that physical.
Keath is another one we didn’t have last year, and a more mature Bailey Smith.

On the contrary we don’t have ‘softer’ players like Schache, Dale, Lloyd, Le Young, Hayes compared to last years final.

I’m confident that the hardness of our game won’t be an issue this time around.

Bruce having a blinder against the Saints would be totally awesome. It's not out of the question. He wouldn't be the first player to have an ordinary home and away season but rise to the occasion in finals.

H
Tom Browne reporting the reason for the AFL considering playing the game in Adelaide is there isn’t enough tv equipment to have 2 games in Queensland on the same day at different venues 😂 it literally has happened every week of the season

I really wish I could be as incompetent as Tom Browne and still get a pay cheque
Hahaha. It actually happened twice in the last round as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints are a strong side, no doubt about it. Their only weakness is probably their defense, but their forward line and midfield are right up there.

Our strengths are run off half back, and inside ball-winning. We definitely bat a lot deeper inside, and if we can dominate that aspect then we can deny Billings, Hill, and Jones getting it on the outside.

Bruce having a blinder against the Saints would be totally awesome. It's not out of the question. He wouldn't be the first player to have an ordinary home and away season but rise to the occasion in finals.
First final in his career against his old side I wouldn’t be surprised if he did have a good game

Tom Browne reporting the reason for the AFL considering playing the game in Adelaide is there isn’t enough tv equipment to have 2 games in Queensland on the same day at different venues 😂 it literally has happened every week of the season

I really wish I could be as incompetent as Tom Browne and still get a pay cheque
There could be some truth to it in that given its finals, Channel 7 has to cover both games (they probably can't just "borrow" Foxtel's equipment) - I don't think they've covered two games on the same day all year.

But this reasoning/excuse falls to bits when it was reported that had Collingwood qualified in our or St Kilda's spot, the game would have been in Queensland.

But this reasoning/excuse falls to bits when it was reported that had Collingwood qualified in our or St Kilda's spot, the game would have been in Queensland.

This i don’t get. Why would it be in QLD if the pies had have won?

I think afternoon, AO suits us. But we’d need to tag Hill. That’s where the loss of Toby might hurt. Roarke may play that role.

We should be beating them on paper, our midfield is a class above. But not sure about relative form. Thought the Saints would open faves.
Yeah on paper, sure, but going off recent history, I'm not at all confident. Although hopefully all the changes we've made since we last faced them will make a difference..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back