Preview Changes vs ST KILDA. Elimination final preview (GABBA- Sat 3rd October). Happy now??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt suggest your opinion was due to anger... I suggested that a lot of people like to perpetuate a negative attitude due to anger... impatience too I guess. Which is why many usually disagree with someone like me.

I also dont think your evidence is really evidence at all when you consider what I've already said above.

Our list just isn't in the same place as the top 5 clubs at the moment. I think it will be, but it's not there yet.

Last year was not luck or over performing. It was a step in our development and we have absolutely taken further steps this year - it just isn't evident in ladder position yet.

So just to end this with some clarity:

1. You agree that we have had substantial improvement to many players on our list since last year and added others like Keath and Libba who were missing

2. You believe that beating the majority of top teams was a sign of progress in 2019

3. You believe we have taken further steps as a club In 2020 but their is no measurable way of showing it like wins against top teams, consistency of team performance, etc.

Makes total sense.

The saints board if full of shut Caleb, JJ, Wallis and midfield down and they will win rather than if their keys play well they win. Seems be a negative way of looking at the game. I think we are reasonably confident of winning only worried about the ruck but are looking at the game in a positive way. How is that for an optimistic dog. :)

Last edited:
The saints board if full of shut Caleb, JJ, Wallis and midfield down and they will win rather rather than if their keys play well they win. Seems be a negative way of looking at the game. I think we are reasonably confident of winning only worried about the ruck but are looking at the game in a positive way. How is that for an optimistic dog. :)
Lol so shut down nearly half the opposition team and they’re a chance. Groundbreaking stuff.

Lol so shut down nearly half the opposition team and they’re a chance. Groundbreaking stuff.

I heard they want to turn the sprinklers on the night before the game ;)

The saints board if full of shut Caleb, JJ, Wallis and midfield down and they will win rather rather than if their keys play well they win. Seems be a negative way of looking at the game. I think we are reasonably confident of winning only worried about the ruck but are looking at the game in a positive way. How is that for an optimistic dog. :)

I think our fans used to think that way prior to 2016. After years of failure and being a "have-not", the first focus was always to negate the best opposition players because they are inherently "better" than your own.

I think our fans used to think that way prior to 2016. After years of failure and being a "have-not", the first focus was always to negate the best opposition players because they are inherently "better" than your own.

I actually worry about the impact of that optimistic ecstasy of the first final series in a long while, especially combined with the changing of the guard vibes under their new coach and playing list. That’s how we felt in 2015 and I reckon we could have done some damage if it wasn’t for Talia gate.

I think that Palatable energy you see in them singing the song after Beating GWS last week will be important early on. We’ll have to weather that storm early and settle It down. Didn’t we kick the first 5 goals against Adelaide in that final?

I actually worry about the impact of that optimistic ecstasy of the first final series in a long while, especially combined with the changing of the guard vibes under their new coach and playing list. That’s how we felt in 2015 and I reckon we could have done some damage if it wasn’t for Talia gate.

I think that Palatable energy you see in them singing the song after Beating GWS last week will be important early on. We’ll have to weather that storm early and settle It down. Didn’t we kick the first 5 goals against Adelaide in that final?
Just the first three, but Adelaide hit the front before Qtr time.

So just to end this with some clarity:

1. You agree that we have had substantial improvement to many players on our list since last year and added others like Keath and Libba who were missing

2. You believe that beating the majority of top teams was a sign of progress in 2019

3. You believe we have taken further steps as a club In 2020 but their is no measurable way of showing it like wins against top teams, consistency of team performance, etc.

Makes total sense.
You're not quite getting it are you...
I think I'm starting to see why you're frustrated.

Let's leave it at that and hopefully we win this week so you can check your little check box of improvements.

You're back! Hope we win for you :)

View attachment 969480

My brother gave me this poster after the magic that was 2016. He has been struggling a lot since then, both mentally and physically. Every day is a new fight.

His tenacity and desire to get better epitomises the Bulldog spirit. This is been a horrible year for so many, but if 2016 has taught me anything, it’s that miracles do happen.

I believe in my brother, and the doggies. We will all come our snarling next week, next year, and forevermore. Bulldogs through and through!

Here, here brother!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

wrong login, scrag

tom-lynch-miss.gif

Welcome to the finals Saints
It’s nice to have you here,
Jack Elliott called our club ‘tragic’,
The Saints said “hold my beer”!

Our histories littered with struggle
With the Dee’s, the Roy’s and Norf,
We embrace small men like Libba
Why did you burn your Dwarf?

You watched our flag with envy
‘Why cant this happen to me?’
And Jesus Lord Almighty answered:
“Nick Riewoldt milked that free”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not quite getting it are you...
I think I'm starting to see why you're frustrated.

Let's leave it at that and hopefully we win this week so you can check your little check box of improvements.

Your not quite getting it. We could dominate next week and it wouldn’t change my mind about this season. I’m not trying to tick boxes. I am looking for us to mature into the highly competitive and consistent football team that our list is currently worthy of. The wins and silverware will follow.

It’s crystal clear how I assess our team, a mystery how you and others do.

a mystery how you and others do.

This Board and our Club are a labyrinth of mysteries.

Biggest one for me is why we delisted the great Trent Bartlett, Daniel Bandy and Kingsley Hunter.

Could have had multiple flags early this century otherwise.

You think you could argue that Bevo is one of the worst coaches in the AFL?
Yes, when we lose he is the worst coach, when we win, he is the best. Simplistic enough. :$
The only change I’d make is VDM in for Richards. I’m not sure whether Bevo will pull the trigger given he’s backed Richards the entire season.
I am not a particular big fan of Richards, but he must do something right off the ball to get games. He must respond to instructions and roles he plays, which on the TV we fail to see.

View attachment 969480

My brother gave me this poster after the magic that was 2016. He has been struggling a lot since then, both mentally and physically. Every day is a new fight.

His tenacity and desire to get better epitomises the Bulldog spirit. This is been a horrible year for so many, but if 2016 has taught me anything, it’s that miracles do happen.

I believe in my brother, and the doggies. We will all come our snarling next week, next year, and forevermore. Bulldogs through and through!

I got that poster for my son, we were both there in 2016. I’ve also struggled over the years since then. Fist bump to your brother

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What is with the chip on saints supporter's shoulders?

Huge bee in the bonnet over the AA selections last night too

"
Naughton in 2020 has been very ordinary. If you take out his one good game vs Adelaide (when they were in their worst form in the club’s history), Naughton is averaging 7 disposals, 3 marks, less than a goal and less than half a tackle per game. He is also averaging just over one contested mark per game. He will be the least of our worries.

As Plugger35 said, had Nic Nat rested against us instead of The doggies, they would surely have lost the WCE game and missed the finals altogether. In fact, if not for a dubious (and probably incorrect) goal umpire’s call right at the end of that game, they would have lost regardless of their being no Nic Nat.

Apart from their excellent top seven players the rest of their side is no where near finals standard."

What is with the chip on saints supporter's shoulders?

Huge bee in the bonnet over the AA selections last night too

"
Naughton in 2020 has been very ordinary. If you take out his one good game vs Adelaide (when they were in their worst form in the club’s history), Naughton is averaging 7 disposals, 3 marks, less than a goal and less than half a tackle per game. He is also averaging just over one contested mark per game. He will be the least of our worries.

As Plugger35 said, had Nic Nat rested against us instead of The doggies, they would surely have lost the WCE game and missed the finals altogether. In fact, if not for a dubious (and probably incorrect) goal umpire’s call right at the end of that game, they would have lost regardless of their being no Nic Nat.

Apart from their excellent top seven players the rest of their side is no where near finals standard."
Why do you care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back