Preview Changes vs ST KILDA. Elimination final preview (GABBA- Sat 3rd October). Happy now??

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know what you mean by ‘important’ but I’m certain I disagree.

Zaine Cordy is crucial to our defence, he is very versatile, covers space well, sacrifices his own game for his team mates, and generally does more for the team than a lot of fans realise.

Of course every time he makes a mistake people jump on him, and he gets little kudos for a lot of the great stuff he does.

I think he is the most underrated player in our side, and continue to be amazed at how under appreciated he is.

This nervous day is coming quickly.

The plan is to have a scotch every hour starting from 9AM to help the nerves.

Got the wife to drop me off and pick me up. I'll need to be smashing them down at the footy to stay half calm

Drinking alcohol in excess is terrible for your health. Try having a cup of tea, a bex and a good lie down before the game. It works wonders.

There's going to be a lot of pressure on forward entries so I would rather Wood play as the 3rd tall on Membrey. Williams, Duryea, Crozier and Daniel is a nice mix to play small back there.

Got the wife to drop me off and pick me up. I'll need to be smashing them down at the footy to stay half calm

I've already started. Don't plan on finishing until 1.00am sunday morning. Also will be attending the game.

I've already started. Don't plan on finishing until 1.00am sunday morning. Also will be attending the game.
Just remember who you are, and that you’re representing us all 😎🤪

Just remember who you are, and that you’re representing us all 😎🤪
Shall I get a T-Shirt made saying #bigfooty-bulldogs 4eva?

Unfortunately my home made whiskey was so good I drank it all, so I had to buy a bottle of Black Bush. I shall not be starting at 9am.
Could've saved some, I'll go dry pretty quick today

Not surprised to see no changes.

Just don't think the backline makes sense being so big, we've always looked better this year when we've played two key defenders, the three mediums in Williams, Wood and Crozier and then the smalls. Think it looked better last week after Naughton got hurt and one of the KPDs got shifted forward (Keath in Q3 and Cordy in Q4) and Crozier got sent back.

Would've preferred a forward (Vandermeer preferably or Dale) had have come in for Cordy. Would've been harsh on Cordy who has had a good year, or Gardner whos been in better form if they went that way instead, but the balance looks so much better.
Couldn't agree more, balance is out with too many backs and trying to turn a half back flanker into a forward doesn't work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keath, Gardner, Cordy, Wood, Duryea, Daniel, Williams, JJ, Crozier is definitely one too many backs.

We normally play 7 backs, so 2 will need to play elsewhere for the majority of the game. JJ is fine on a HFF/Wing, but not a fan of Crozier forward. Daniel has been playing a bit more forward, but it would be a big call to move him back to the HFF at this point.

I'd drop Gardner and have Keath on Marshall/Ryder, Cordy on King, and Wood on Membrey. Duryea/Williams on Butler, and have Crozier assisting in the air.

If we arent switched on, this game will expose the passengers in the team.. Just like last year.

Half expecting them to come out and go thr knuckle straight away, have we learnt from last year?

Zaine Cordy is crucial to our defence, he is very versatile, covers space well, sacrifices his own game for his team mates, and generally does more for the team than a lot of fans realise.

Of course every time he makes a mistake people jump on him, and he gets little kudos for a lot of the great stuff he does.

I think he is the most underrated player in our side, and continue to be amazed at how under appreciated he is.
He’s a decent player and plays a key role just like the rest of the 22. It’s your ‘most important defender’ statement that I disagree with.

Keath, Gardner, Cordy, Wood, Duryea, Daniel, Williams, JJ, Crozier is definitely one too many backs.

We normally play 7 backs, so 2 will need to play elsewhere for the majority of the game. JJ is fine on a HFF/Wing, but not a fan of Crozier forward. Daniel has been playing a bit more forward, but it would be a big call to move him back to the HFF at this point.

I'd drop Gardner and have Keath on Marshall/Ryder, Cordy on King, and Wood on Membrey. Duryea/Williams on Butler, and have Crozier assisting in the air.
I hate Crozier forward. Hes not all that good there but the bigger issue is it robs us of a gun defender.

That was my strategy 2016 grand final day

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but a good reminder if it has. From 3pm today....

WATCH: The Finals Countdown LIVE show
Hosted by media personality Sam Edmund and premiership Bulldog Dale Morris, a Bulldogs centric pre-match show live from 3pm on Saturday.
17 hrs ago
FinalsCountdown-1920x1080-ART.jpg

Western Bulldogs fans will be able to tune into a live online pre-game show as they soak in all the atmosphere in the lead-up to the Club’s Elimination Final against St Kilda on Saturday.
The ‘Finals Countdown’ show, hosted by media personality Sam Edmund and premiership Bulldog Dale Morris, will be shown live and free on westernbulldogs.com.au and the official club app from 3pm AEST tomorrow.
The show, which will be unapologetically biased towards the red, white and blue, will feature all the last-minute news and analysis of the clash between the Bulldogs and Saints, shortly before the first bounce at 4.40pm.
The Finals Countdown will examine the selected teams for both sides, break down where the game will be won and lost, and look at the key players from a Bulldogs perspective.
There will also be special guest interviews from on location in Queensland, taking Bulldogs fans into the inner sanctum.
Check back at westernbulldogs.com.au or the official club app at 3pm on Saturday, October 3, to watch all the action.

I wouldn’t shocked to see us try to free up Daniel and play 7 backs with one more on the bench. Saints will then man him up so we might see 7 forwards for the Saints and 7 backs for us.

It could be a plan to crowd their forward line and open ours up a little more with 5 forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back