Prediction Changes Vs St Kilda round 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop. Vardy is useless. Oscar Allen is by far our second ruck. How many times does it need to be proven. He isn't just an OK ruck he is a useful second ruck.

Seriously what the fu** are bringing vardy in for. We are a man short with him in the team. Nic is 30 there is no protection. If he doesn't play now he's going to retire in 1-2 years. Throw all caution out. He's turning 31 this year. So it's really his last year
I certainly hope it is not Nic's last year! Seems to have a bit left.

But you are right about Vardy. Just no need for him and we are a better team without him in it.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stop. Vardy is useless. Oscar Allen is by far our second ruck. How many times does it need to be proven. He isn't just an OK ruck he is a useful second ruck.

Seriously what the fu** are bringing vardy in for. We are a man short with him in the team. Nic is 30 there is no protection. If he doesn't play now he's going to retire in 1-2 years. Throw all caution out. He's turning 31 this year. So it's really his last year
This is basically it.

I don't like playing Oscar in the ruck. But if we play Vardy we are a man down. Either one less on the bench or only 17 on the field. He's lost what he had. And even then it was a solid performance now and again.
Let's just put that one to bed. Had his best game when we needed it. But it was 3 years ago. And it's not going to happen again.

Williams is hopefully the NN replacement. Athletic, mobile, has a jump. Hard to see anyone as a 100% NN replacement, but if Williams is a 90%er and can stay fit and healthy and put in 80% game time I'll be more than happy.

So let's just put the Vardy thing in the memory jar. WAFL influence. Train the next generation. Be a nice guy at the BBQ. We'll always be grateful for that one moment in that one game.

Nic still has a couple years. He effectively lost 2 years through injury, and by keeping his TOG lower, it may extend his career another 3-4 years. Hopefully.

Ins and Outs look pretty straight forward this week:

In: O’Neill
Out: Shuey

I’d be OK with Langdon out for Winder too,perhaps as the medical emergency.

This is basically it.

I don't like playing Oscar in the ruck. But if we play Vardy we are a man down. Either one less on the bench or only 17 on the field. He's lost what he had. And even then it was a solid performance now and again.
Let's just put that one to bed. Had his best game when we needed it. But it was 3 years ago. And it's not going to happen again.

Williams is hopefully the NN replacement. Athletic, mobile, has a jump. Hard to see anyone as a 100% NN replacement, but if Williams is a 90%er and can stay fit and healthy and put in 80% game time I'll be more than happy.

So let's just put the Vardy thing in the memory jar. WAFL influence. Train the next generation. Be a nice guy at the BBQ. We'll always be grateful for that one moment in that one game.
Simmo said he wont be playing Allen in the ruck all year so someone will have to come jn eventually. Hopefully its Williams when he's ready

For the love of God do not bring Vardy back in. WAFL is his level now. And Brander out after how well he played?? No.

We just comprehensively knocked off a premiership fancy not playing 2 rucks (1 who was a witches hat first 2 rnds).
Playing our 20 year old future superstar FF as a back up ruck is like plowing a field with a ferrari. Allen already has bad shoulders and Kennedy is not getting any younger. Brander unlucky to go out for Vardy but playing Vardy prolonges both Nic Nat and Allen.

Playing our 20 year old future superstar FF as a back up ruck is like plowing a field with a ferrari. Allen already has bad shoulders and Kennedy is not getting any younger. Brander unlucky to go out for Vardy but playing Vardy prolonges both Nic Nat and Allen.

But why do it against a team with an extremely weak ruck division? Especially when it involves dropping Brander after his best game of AFL to date? Hasn’t he been stuffed around enough?

Brander unlucky to go out for Vardy but playing Vardy prolonges both Nic Nat and Allen.
This just won’t happen. It can’t happen.

I prefer two dedicated ruckmen so we don't have to use Allen as a makeshift ruckman too, however, while Vardy has done a lot of great things, he's a very old man now, and old people are useless.

Vardy.jpg
Simpson breaking the news to Vardy that he'll never play for the AFL team again.

Allen's backup ruck until Williams is fit.

PS: I hope Simpson also destroyed the team trampoline basketball hoop.

But why do it against a team with an extremely weak ruck division? Especially when it involves dropping Brander after his best game of AFL to date? Hasn’t he been stuffed around enough?
Fair call but it must surely be the shortest of short term strategies if we want to protect Allen. Having him smashing into the likes of Lycett is a recepe for disaster even if its better for us structurally. Its just a shame Vardy has regressed so far.

I prefer two dedicated ruckmen so we don't have to use Allen as a makeshift ruckman too, however, while Vardy has done a lot of great things, he's a very old man now, and old people are useless.

View attachment 1093549
Simpson breaking the news to Vardy that he'll never play for the AFL team again.

Allen's backup ruck until Williams is fit.

PS: I hope Simpson also destroyed the team trampoline basketball hoop.
Haha i get what all of you pecker-heads are saying. I dont like suggesting it either but sometimes managing your squad throws up this sort of conundrum. Allen is the best choice back up ruck but he is also our best choice back up FF for the next decade.

Until Williams returns, it's a bit concerning that we don't have any viable backup ruck options outside of Allen & Vardy, but it's preferable to leave Allen in the forward line or defence for his long term health. Jamieson on the other hand, is years away. Not sure if he's even gonna make it at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until Williams returns, it's a bit concerning that we don't have any viable backup ruck options outside of Allen & Vardy, but it's preferable to leave Allen in the forward line or defence for his long term health. Jamieson on the other hand, is years away. Not sure if he's even gonna make it at this stage.
I’m not sure you can ever write rucks off no matter how unco and scrawny they look at first

So a skinny project ruckman is given 1 COVID effected year to show he has what it takes to make AFL??

1F511A32-3507-4769-9CD4-5E5193D6F4E5.jpeg

Ok, I watched this game from a box. There was much alcohol consumed, however I don’t see all the Petch hating is reasonable?
it’s true those little banoffee tartlets were distracting at the end there, but was he really that bad, or is this whipping boy stuff?
out: Shuey In: O’Neill

While he wasn't great, Petch was better than Jones last night

Got pinged for 3 incredibly harsh htb calls too which may have clouded people's views

After brander’s performance last night, I can’t see why we would play a second genuine ruck for the rest of the year unless due to injury.

With Waterman coming back, surely it will be him and brander vying for our last tall spot.

No way we can play 4 tall forwards and 2 rucks and also can’t see how we leave out both brander and waterman going forward...

Waterman as much as I like him as a player we are already too tall.

Williams when fit comes in and Oscar is full time forward

For this game Shuey out not sure who else to come in Xavier O Neil?

After brander’s performance last night, I can’t see why we would play a second genuine ruck for the rest of the year unless due to injury.

With Waterman coming back, surely it will be him and brander vying for our last tall spot.

No way we can play 4 tall forwards and 2 rucks and also can’t see how we leave out both brander and waterman going forward...

Yeah I agree having brander in there gives us the opportunity to play Oscar in the ruck and have Brander go forward when Oscar is not there

Fair call but it must surely be the shortest of short term strategies if we want to protect Allen. Having him smashing into the likes of Lycett is a recepe for disaster even if its better for us structurally. Its just a shame Vardy has regressed so far.

Ideally Williams plays the next two WAFL games then comes in against Collingwood and Grundy.

I think using Allen (and Darling in the forward 50) as the backup will work against St Kilda and Geelong. They don’t have any big bruising rucks.

Oh hang on, I’ve got the weeks wrong haven’t I. Vardy might have to play against Collingwood then, don’t think Williams can come in off one WAFL match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back