Strategy Changes vs St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

bunkyboy is happy with the Masto inclusion

giphy.gif

better balanced team..one less tall, extra m/f, half fwd type

Vardy obviously not quite right yet, hopefully Petrie can do the job again

Meh, the hipster without a heart is still the better option ahead of the slow moving glacier :coffee:

As long as inside midfield minutes aren't taken from Sheed, Redden or Parto then i'd say that's a step forward.

Waiting for Darryl to show up on facebook and give the naysayers a piece of his dwindling mind.

I think this is the best team sheet we've had all year. Completely balanced. Not too many talls. Not too many HBs. Not too many old and slow bastards. LOVE IT! Pressure should be on Lecras to perform, but he really doesn't have to with the rest of the team around him. Could've maybe tried to get a ruck in so that there's not as much pressure on Petrie and McGov... but the only makeshift ruck is Vardy. So I can see why they want to persist with the in some magically brilliant form of Petrie even though you can't believe his body is going to get up and do that every single week.

I think I might actually believe we can make the finals now!

The thing to watch: Masten in Q4 and whether he is up for it. He has the tank and should have zero excuses. Him getting dropped should hopefully have driven home what is expected (even though he may not have shown perfect execution in the WAFL, nor in plenty of this season's AFL games he's played in)

Last edited:
This is great news for melt purposes:

- Masten in, Priddis out, we win - all hail Chris Saviour Marsden, Ploddus defence force f*** off, Simmo is a tactical genius
- Masten in, Priddis out, we lose - f*** off back to WAFL Marsden, Ploddus attack force f*** off, Simmo is tactically inept

Can't believe Masten comes in for Barrass, would rather Priddis to be honest.
Masten was in some decent form earlier this year while Priddis just hasn't got going at all, so with Chris there is a sliver of hope at least.

Masten at HF could mean Karpany plays a bit deeper forward where he was dangerous against the Bulldogs. The team is better balanced now and less likely to be overrun late.

We just need some decent coaching now to bring the best out of a decidedly average midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because if we travel to Melbourne and Luke Shuey does his ankle stepping off the plane we'd be stuffed?

Name one player that should take Chris Masten's place in the extended squad. Go on, I'll wait.

Why is this so hard for you to grasp?
Priddis the only guy on the extended bench not to be named for East Perth.

Either he's definitely in or definitely hasn't recovered from the quad yet.
Probably will do a "Sam" - if he doesn't get selected and play will probably sit in the coaches box on gameday?

I suppose Priddis will be up in the coach's box just as Mitchell was a couple of weeks ago, as a test to see if he is up for going into coaching. Shows the clubs respect for him and keeps him part of the campaign.

With any luck 2 or 3 weeks off could allow him to get his body right for one last epic game before the end.

He's probably been told to watch his wording in pressers about any questions surrounding Priddis. Media seem to be swirling for a story.

Mitchell as a travelling emergency was for coaching as well obviously, but it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to send him over. At least for a nice weekend in Melbourne- he's sure earnt it.

Means that whoever is dropped can go down to EP rather than miss a match of continuity leading into a potential finals campaign.
Talking about Media, Hagdorn is just itching for a story. Thinks he's the George Grulisich of years gone by.:p

I suppose Priddis will be up in the coach's box just as Mitchell was a couple of weeks ago, as a test to see if he is up for going into coaching. Shows the clubs respect for him and keeps him part of the campaign.

With any luck 2 or 3 weeks off could allow him to get his body right for one last epic game before the end.
Have noticed over the years when Senior players don't get selected and play for whatever reason often sit in the coaches box. It's not too often they end up playing in the 2s - just depends upon the player involved.

He said he isnt interested in coaching

Pretty sure Mitchell already has the job Priddis would be suitable for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back