Preview Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle Dockers have already made it clear that they are trying get the WA talent back into the fold. Would have thought Mountford is already on the radar. Why not lock him up before its a competition, even if its another year?
Pretty sure list managers don't just up and decide a month or two before the trade period. Freo would have had their eye on mountford for a long time and would be making enquiries with the appropriate people. Just because we don't hear them doesn't mean they aren't there

Backs S.Durdin 24 R.Tarrant 25 D.Nielson 26
Half Backs S.Atley 18 S.Thompson 16 R.Clarke 13
Centreline D.Mountford 42 T.Dumont 14 S.Gibson 43
Half Forwards L.McDonald 11 B.Preuss 31 K.Turner 28
Forwards S.Higgins 4 B.Brown 50 J.Simpkin 21
Followers T.Goldstein 22 A.Swallow 9 B.Cunnington 10
Interchange J.Ziebell 7 N.Hrovat 8 T.Garner 27 C.Zurhaar 44
Emergencies J.Anderson 3 B.McKay 23 J.Williams 36

In: J.Ziebell
Out: A.Mullett (Calf)

Meh

How is it that Mountford keeps getting selected ( and so he should) but can't wrap up a contract for next year.? FFS take the kid out of his misery and extend the contract or let him do a deal with another club. Good to see Zurhaar not an emergency. After last weeks game, every one seems to be getting better and better. Lets get as much time into him as possible this year, even if it means resting Ziebell, we know he's sore and what he can do, so lets not push it. Reckon there's room to let McKay debut as well.
Probably waiting on how the free agency period pans out before they can finalise the details for Mountford. You'd have to think the list management team would have open lines of communication with him. Things change if we have to sprinkle a million bucks around to reach the salary floor.

Probably waiting on how the free agency period pans out before they can finalise the details for Mountford. You'd have to think the list management team would have open lines of communication with him. Things change if we have to sprinkle a million bucks around to reach the salary floor.
And I'd suggest that its also because he isn't a KPP, and as a midfielder you really need to standout a lot to get enough external interest to challenge what a club already invested in you will pay. No burning need to rush it.

He definitely needs a taste of AFL football. Would be a massive mental boost going into next pre-season. They'd be crazy not to.
Too logical! Should be focused on 2018.

At this stage of year every opportunity should be given to as many young players as possible to familiarise/experience AFL level.

What value is there in playing injured or part-injured players this time of year...rest them, they are holding back Norths future! Was not that the supposed thinking end of last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want Ziebell as an almost full-time forward this week and next week. Thomas' drop-off in form this year has hurt us, but JZ can fix it if he can kick goals regularly from there. I'm thinking they will actually do this, so it will be great to see how it pans out.

Expecting a better game from Simpkin.

I'm not, and it's no slight on him.

Clearly exhausted at the end of a very long season, compounded by the fact that it's the first season after his leg break.

He's done enough to show that he'll be an outstanding player for a very long time. I'm comfortable with his season output.

I'm not, and it's no slight on him.

Clearly exhausted at the end of a very long season, compounded by the fact that it's the first season after his leg break.

He's done enough to show that he'll be an outstanding player for a very long time. I'm comfortable with his season output.
Seemed to be going through the motions a bit last week. A bit more intensity is what I want to see which in turn should result in a better game from him. Agree that he has shown promise this season from where he has come from with his leg.

Seemed to be going through the motions a bit last week. A bit more intensity is what I want to see which in turn should result in a better game from him. Agree that he has shown promise this season from where he has come from with his leg.
It did look that way but I don't think it was attitude/intensity based. As FG said he just looks spent which is to be expected in his first AFL season while also coming off a broken leg. By the time he's got to contests he's not having an impact because he's buggered. When he has got his hands on it he's still showing that poise and composure that we need.

He's made of the right stuff. Not worried about him in the slightest.

It did look that way but I don't think it was attitude/intensity based. As FG said he just looks spent which is to be expected in his first AFL season while also coming off a broken leg. By the time he's got to contests he's not having an impact because he's buggered. When he has got his hands on it he's still showing that poise and composure that we need.

He's made of the right stuff. Not worried about him in the slightest.
He's also been played enough that the opposition have put a bit of work into him I reckon.

I'd love to see McKay in and play Tarrant at CHF. I don't think it's out of the question seeing Robbie playing out his career in the fwd line with brown and wood,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back