Opinion Changes vs Suns OUT Blakely (inj) Darcy IN D. Pearce Griffin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not at all. Why would you risk it.

Can't play a full game at WAFL level, let alone AFL. I have no idea how some thought it a possibility.

I don't get how someone can only play 7 minute bursts on and off. I understand managing workload, but I don't get this type of management.

Plus it's not about can he play out an AFL game. For me it's about his mental health.

Personally I think the club has missed a huge opportunity to allow Harley to reboot stronger with specific focus on his mental health.

Keeping him at Peel? That's like asking Steve Smith to work on his game at B grade grade cricket. If they're not careful he'll not give a s**t and do stuff all or he'll go too hard and put himself at risk.

Harley needs to play AFL this season. It's another long break coming up.

Think this will mean that Darcy goes into next year on 9 career games. If so I'll be laying some cash on him for the 2018 Rising star
What happens if Sandi plays every game next year? The game seems to be heading down the "only play one established ruckman" path.

I don't get how someone can only play 7 minute bursts on and off. I understand managing workload, but I don't get this type of management.

Plus it's not about can he play out an AFL game. For me it's about his mental health.

Personally I think the club has missed a huge opportunity to allow Harley to reboot stronger with specific focus on his mental health.

Keeping him at Peel? That's like asking Steve Smith to work on his game at B grade grade cricket. If they're not careful he'll not give a s**t and do stuff all or he'll go too hard and put himself at risk.

The club can't win. There are any number of posts highly critical of our medical staff allowing our players to play injured or not fully fit and now your critical of them because they aren't.

And with all due respect, you don't know anything about his mental health, for all we know Harley is totally understanding of his situation and is happy with his recent progress. It sure beats the alternative - missing the rest of the season and the start of preseason because of a calf strain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club can't win. There are any number of posts highly critical of our medical staff allowing our players to play injured or not fully fit and now your critical of them because they aren't.

And with all due respect, you don't know anything about his mental health, for all we know Harley is totally understanding of his situation and is happy with his recent progress. It sure beats the alternative - missing the rest of the season and the start of preseason because of a calf strain.

Fair enough

A lot of assumptions in there. Far too many to warrant the conclusion that you came to.

Bottom line is that he's hardly dominating at WAFL level, even if he looks a million bucks when he gets the ball.

What happens if Sandi plays every game next year? The game seems to be heading down the "only play one established ruckman" path.
We did try go the Sandi/Darcy combo against the Saints.... but Sandi went down after 10mins. A shame because it would be good to see how Darcy went as a Fwd/Ruck.

I'd expect Apeness/Strnadica/Tabs to share the load down at Peel, all rotating between the 2 tall forward spots and ruck role.

Where does Clarke fit into this if we keep him?

I'd say the hope/dream is that our 2013 1st round pick Apeness can be the promised ruck/fwd to compliment Darcy. But we still haven't seen him get a good run of games to see if he has 'it'.

A lot of assumptions in there. Far too many to warrant the conclusion that you came to.

Bottom line is that he's hardly dominating at WAFL level, even if he looks a million bucks when he gets the ball.

Fair play.
Did say in my opinion.

Lol ....would be.... if they were playing dp as our chf:rolleyes:

What about a comparison between both their WAFL form? Could make one a bit disappointed. It's not like DP has been brought in as a like for like replacement. Anyway, I kind of expect us to maybe give farewell games to some older players.

How do you think his mental health go if he pings another calf this season?

Farewell game for Griff and Pearce?

I'm starting to ponder Tabs future at the club. I almost get the feeling that the club has already decided they are going to cut him at the end of the year. There is no other reason that I can think of to explain why he isn't in this week, because if Darcy isn't playing, then surely you play Taberner over Griffin, who was clearly no longer AFL standard the last time he played.

It's not that I want him to be in the squad, just starting to feel like he isn't going to get back in.

Farewell game for Griff and Pearce?

I'm starting to ponder Tabs future at the club. I almost get the feeling that the club has already decided they are going to cut him at the end of the year. There is no other reason that I can think of to explain why he isn't in this week, because if Darcy isn't playing, then surely you play Taberner over Griffin, who was clearly no longer AFL standard the last time he played.

It's not that I want him to be in the squad, just starting to feel like he isn't going to get back in.

Taberner can't ruck, it would be madness to play him as our #1 ruck. That said there is definitely something going on with his non-selection that isn't related to on-field performance. That much was obvious when we still refused to select him when He'd kicked 11 goals in 2 weeks and Cox was dropped for disciplinary reasons. We chose to go into that game short a key forward and with no relief ruck option rather than pick the best performing player in the seconds.

I've been working on the assumption for the last month that he's leaving at the end of the year, he already has an offer on the table from another club, the club knows about it, and as a result they don't see the point of giving him games in what is essentially a development year.

Either that or he's done something really bad that the club doesn't want to make public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back