Prediction Changes vs Suns - Rd 18

I would swap Hannan for Roarke Smith. Roarke would run through a brick wall for this team.

There’s not much left in the cupboard. Schache might actually have been useful today, he’s pretty good at finding space in a crowded 50. But he goes to water when he sees his name in the 1s.

Naughton for JUH hopefully.

doggie dog

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Alot under preformed, should have a few soldiers returning
Out: young, wallis, hannan
In: naughton, dunkley, mclean
Timmy showed today he cannot go it alone, and sweety by all accounts in the vfl didn't grab it by the throat.
Young has to stay in for ruck help till Stef is up and running.
Agree on the In's

There's no way Marra can stay in unfortunately.
If Naughton isn't available, schache deserves that spot. Young isn't going to get it done as 2nd ruck. I think Bruce is a better option. Can't have 3 of Scott, Wallis and hannan.

Out: JUH, Hannan
In: Naughton/Schache, McLean

I'd actually prefer lipinski or Smith on a wing rather than Scott and hannan which we had for large parts of today.

cecil

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In: dunkley, naughton, McNeil, Sweet
Out: Young, JUH, Hannan, Wallis.

FB: Williams, Keath, Duryea
Hb: Daniel, Cordy, Dale
C: Hunter, Libba, Smith
Hf: McNeil, Naughton, JJ
Ff: Weightman, Bruce, English
R: Sweet, Macrae, Bont
Int: Scott, Dunkley, Garcia, Richards

2 rucks, and more speed up forward in place instead of ineffective midsizers.

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
give JUH at least a game with Naughty to help him.

Hannan and Wallis can go.

Ins
Naught, Dunkley, McLean

Outs
Hannan, Wallis, whomever else I cant really think of atm.
Exactly give JUH a few games it’s Hannan that should be Dropped he’s done nothing

Boof09

Team Captain
Sep 22, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What I don't understand is the playing Young back in the VFL every week and being insistent on have 3 tall defender so that the MC had to bring Gardner in and that was all the talk in the press conferences. Then when Gardner goes out we do bring the next option in and then appear to play him everywhere but the backline?

They wouldn't have done this with Gardner in the side?

Poor selections to bring JUH into this weeks game without Naughton to assist in the air. Bruce has been poor for weeks and his kicking is now a problem. Won't get dropped as proven last year but needs to compete more. I think after all of the hype allow JUH to play next week away from home with Naughton back. Gets 3rd/4th defender and allowed a bit more freedom. Concern on how he pulls up though, looked cooked late.

Out - Hannan/Scott/Garcia
In - Naughton/Dunkley/McNeil?Lipinski?

Out: JUH - can't see a role for him yet when Naughton returns
Hannan - nice experiment but the jury has delivered its verdict
Wallis - useful last week against a weak backline but the game seems to have passed him by
A couple of others on form watch. JJ (stronger work ethic required); Garcia (needs to work hard improving his disposal)
In: Naughton - quickly
McLean - was ordinary in the VFL today but is better than the above
Dunkley - would be better half fit than 2 or 3 of our forwards today

Oct 30, 2003
Kennel
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Out Scott, Hannan, Wallis

in Lipinski, McLean, Naughton

Scott played wing and half and gathered 8 possessions. i watch him closely and he offers very little. His pressure is ok but does not get the pill and his handballs quite often to players who are already under pressure. Hannan and Wally also dI’d not get enough of the ball. I feel Scott is held to lower standards than others. JUH quite often got the right position, nerves just got the better of him but I saw enough to give him another game.

Back