Prediction Changes vs Suns - Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Out. Garcia, Young and Hannan.
In. Crozier, Sweet and West.

I still would leave Wallis for experience and hardness and JUH for experience.

Who are we missing thats legit best 22?

I have:
Dunkley
Naughton
Treloar
Martin
Wood
Mclean

Gardner has been selected when fit. This board may not like him but he's in the MC's 22. And on the other hand McLean is not chosen enough to be a lock for the 22 even with how much many supporters like him. Vandermeer's the other missing from our 22.

Out. Garcia, Young and Hannan.
In. Crozier, Sweet and West.

I still would leave Wallis for experience and hardness and JUH for experience.
Confused why Garcia is getting dropped? Has shown far more at senior level than West (although I want West to shine). Thought Garcia was one of the few who could hold his head up high today

Last edited:
Gardner has been selected when fit. This board may not like him but he's in the MC's 22. And on the other hand McLean is not chosen enough to be a lock for the 22 even with how much many supporters like him. Vandermeer's the other missing from our 22.
Cordy out,
Cordy out, he is simply not up to the standard.

Confused why Garcia is getting dropped? Has shown far more at senior level than West (although I want West to shine). Thought Garcia was won of the few who could hold his head up high today
I didn’t think he was that good. I seen he really mess it up a few times. But we all see it differently.

Out: JUH - can't see a role for him yet when Naughton returns
Hannan - nice experiment but the jury has delivered its verdict
Wallis - useful last week against a weak backline but the game seems to have passed him by
A couple of others on form watch. JJ (stronger work ethic required); Garcia (needs to work hard improving his disposal)
In: Naughton - quickly
McLean - was ordinary in the VFL today but is better than the above
Dunkley - would be better half fit than 2 or 3 of our forwards today

Yeah I agree, although it was good for JUH to get a taste of AFL and the fitness/skill requirements needed. He did some positive things but needs more time in the VFL and time to work on his fitness. The difference between him and Naughton who's been in the AFL system for 4 or 5 years is night and day. Naughton doesn't stop with pressure acts. I didn't see JUH on the field in the last quarter much, someone said he ran out of juice. I Don't think you can have Naughton Bruce and JUH in same forward line at the moment.

Who are we missing thats legit best 22?

I have:
Dunkley
Naughton
Treloar
Martin
Wood
Mclean

Crozier 100%. Injury put him out of form this year.

Vandermeer ditto. Injury interrupted his form, and he'd be best 22.

It's at least 7, I might leave wood out if everyone else was in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope that JUH does not get dropped and Hannan stays in the side.

We have more to gain playing JUH with Naughton and Bruce than having Hannan in the side.

Hannan out is easy if you are not stubborn.

Wallis for McLean is the other I would do.

Really need players who focus on the crumb and provide pressure at ground level in our forward half. Our balance isn’t great BUT I did like the leading and positioning of JUH. Wallis and Hannan to make way for McLean and Naughton.

Down back, Cordy isn’t going well, I would replace with Buku Khamis until Gardner returns.

Dunkley will hopefully be back this week and that means Garcia is back to VFL. Garcia needs to work on his disposal but I do like his endeavour.

Looking forward to VDM & Treloar to come back later in the year and give us a direct running option through the middle, which will help break up the pressure zone system being used against us.

I really hope that JUH does not get dropped and Hannan stays in the side.

We have more to gain playing JUH with Naughton and Bruce than having Hannan in the side.

Hannan out is easy if you are not stubborn.

Wallis for McLean is the other I would do.
Agree with first first part, not the second. We have the need, the need for speed. McSteal, and then Treloar and VDM when thet're available.

The player I'm most disappointed in is Wallis. He was such a good player a few years ago. He extended his career a bit with his 25 goal season in 2020 but this year he just doesn't seem up to it.

I feel for him but I just can't see what he can offer other than some maturity and leadership. That's not enough to earn a start.

I can't see it with Hannan either but if we had to have one Mitch it'd be him ahead of Wally. Sad. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back