Preview Changes vs Sydney - Rd 17, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Garcia is listed on the bench. Sub will come from the emergency list. McNeil or Crozier you would think.

Oops, misread it all lol. I’d say crozier, just in case someone does need to come out and we need aerial support down back

Big couple of games for Lewy young.

Played well against north and that 2nd ruck role/utility could be his for the taking with Martin's body being cooked and Sweet currently not up to it.

Naughton also coming back next game will mean one tall will be cut.

Hello, I’d just like to confirm that you actually watched the game to form this opinion? :moustache:

If we’ve penciled Hannan in for the strong body strong marking quick wing/HF, could Croz play that role? Feel like he’s better in pretty much every single way. He’s just too good to be left out of the side

If we’ve penciled Hannan in for the strong body strong marking quick wing/HF, could Croz play that role? Feel like he’s better in pretty much every single way. He’s just too good to be left out of the side

Bizarre ain't it. Crozier and Mclean both not in this team :oops:

Hannan (in the coaches eyes) must be absolutely essential in terms of functionality. Maybe he is key in terms of putting blocks on opponents and leading patterns? To me it's the only answer and yet I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around it.

Reckon we've tried Croze forward a couple of times and Freo did often but he was pretty plain. He's a behind the ball player.

Bizarre ain't it. Crozier and Mclean both not in this team :oops:

Hannan (in the coaches eyes) must be absolutely essential in terms of functionality. Maybe he is key in terms of putting blocks on opponents and leading patterns? To me it's the only answer and yet I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around it.
Yeah it has to be something like that, I’d love to know. It’s hard to believe though because he just seems like a pretty dumb footballer, quite often he’s getting in the way I dunno I’d be surprised if he really has that high a forward football IQ but he’s obviously doing something right. I’ll have to watch him closely this week

Reckon we've tried Croze forward a couple of times and Freo did often but he was pretty plain. He's a behind the ball player.
Yeah definitely hasn’t really worked previously I’d be interested in trying again though, even at VFL level. He’s played more as a medium in the past in the forward line which is a pretty tricky position tbf, his competitiveness and speed is fantastic so I’d like him to have a real defensive mindset if he went there again. Wing is the real interesting one though, I don’t think we’ve tried him there and we’re so keen on finding a marking target for one wing, we’ve tried Jong, now Hannan. I feel like Croz has all the right attributes to excel in that role, but again wing can be tricky at times and maybe you’re right he needs the game simplified a bit for him which he gets at HB

I’d rather play Scache than Young and use Bruce to pinch hit in the ruck.

We need Martin back to win the flag.

I’d rather play Scache than Young and use Bruce to pinch hit in the ruck.

We need Martin back to win the flag.
Not sure Schache offers much.

Young has improved back, forward and second ruck, though still has a lot of improving to do.

Not sure English.and Young rucking v Martin will be the.determing factor of a flag if we get Dunks and Trealor back and firing

Good to dream either way

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure Schache offers much.

Young has improved back, forward and second ruck, though still has a lot of improving to do.

Not sure English.and Young rucking v Martin will be the.determing factor of a flag if we get Dunks and Trealor back and firing

Good to dream either way

Imo we need English forward and Martin helping the midfield dominate to win the flag

The backline still is opened up when we don’t dominate midfield, gave up 12 shots at goal to the bottom team. We won’t win finals if that happens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo we need English forward and Martin helping the midfield dominate to win the flag

The backline still is opened up when we don’t dominate midfield, gave up 12 shots at goal to the bottom team. We won’t win finals if that happens
Don't necessarily disagree but given this may not happen would like to see what Young brings with versatility in ruck, fwd and defence.

Not sure that English and Young are not as good as Boyd and Roughy and we know where we got with them.

Martin is better but not sure he makes it significantly better

Went and watched the last 1/3 of the Port road game and Hannan actually was really important.

We’re spoiled for choice and I think Wall is ahead but I’m starting to see why he gets games.

Scott still baffles me a bit though

Went and watched the last 1/3 of the Port road game and Hannan actually was really important.

We’re spoiled for choice and I think Wall is ahead but I’m starting to see why he gets games.

Scott still baffles me a bit though

Scott was going well as a forward. Not a backman at all. Hope he’s back in the forward line this week.

Hi Dogs fans,

Sorry to be lurking on your board. I was just wondering how secure you thought Garcia’s position in the side is - Especially with players like Dunkley to return soon.

He has looked lively whenever I’ve tuned in to watch the Dogs!

(Not ashamed to admit this is a fantasy related question).

Thanks in advance

Hey team, a few on here were lauding Young’s game against North.

Just wondering if I missed something special in the 2nd half?

Have watched the first two quarters (haven’t watched 2nd half replay yet) and looked lost. Was not very competitive in the ruck and just lumbered a bit erratically in defense. Highlights were a couple spoils.

Have watched the first two quarters (haven’t watched 2nd half replay yet) and looked lost. Was not very competitive in the ruck and just lumbered a bit erratically in defense. Highlights were a couple spoils.
Was a solid competitor in the Ruck showed significant courage to take a big mark and got pole axed doing it. He wasn't outstanding but showed encouraging signs. Thing is can he follow it up this week??

I thought he was okay given he was subbed in and floated around in the ruck and forward. He was serviceable in my view.

Having the most talented and deepest list in the league, the best player in the comp, the highest possession getter and best clearance player also helps.

i think even Royce and Peter could get this group into the top 4. Clarko would win the next 5 flags so hopefully Bevo does not waste this once in a lifetime opportunity and wins a couple.
LOL what BS

just admit you were wrong and move on

If Clarko was so great how come Durayea is in his career best form.No doubt Clarko is a great coach but he hasn’t done and couldn’t do what happened in 2016

Having the most talented and deepest list in the league, the best player in the comp, the highest possession getter and best clearance player also helps.

i think even Royce and Peter could get this group into the top 4. Clarko would win the next 5 flags so hopefully Bevo does not waste this once in a lifetime opportunity and wins a couple.
LOL what BS

just admit you were wrong and move on

If Clarko was so great how come Durayea is in his career best form.No doubt Clarko is a great coach but he hasn’t done and couldn’t do what happened in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back