Prediction Changes vs Sydney

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeo's named to play. When players fly in late, it's often for personal reasons...or to give a lingering calf complaint (?) extra time to mend. But regardless, the ducks n' drakes are up and about.
Who will ambush who, those waiting in ambush or those flying an ambush over.
Fri nite, need a stiff drink.
(ps- regarding Aladdin and 3 wishes, I always spend the 1st wish on another thousand wishes, then I waste the other two wishes on hedonistic pleasures!)

Last edited:

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
So changes vs Sydney...We have 3 emergencies that have flown across.

Backing Yeo to fly across..

And i remember rd 1 we played 2 rucks and Waterman on the bench too...We got ran over well and truely.

Step 1: Desperately want to be taken seriously with Footballing Opinions
Step 2: Literally spell five letter words, which most nine year olds could spell, incorrectly
Step 3: Profit (and by profit, I mean: stop talking. Please.)

Natho

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
I feel way more nervous playing two ruckman. Allen gives us so much versatility. Gonna be a mighty effort i think

Swan4Life

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Whilst it would be foolish to rule us out completely, given recent form and ladder positions it is highly unlikely we will win this one. Your second half last week comes to mind, it was scary good.

We are running out with our weakest midfield in over a decade so that just make things even harder. And Sinclair, who is a poor tap ruckman at the best of times, is equally ineffective around the ground this year as well. We are getting smashed around the stoppages and it has been quite sobering to be honest.

I reckon West Coast by 4-5 goals.

Aug 31, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Made a mistake playing 2 rucks i think

We haven’t even played yet so not sure how it could be considered a mistake... If Hickey isn’t able to ruck the full game, then it makes sense to team him with Vardy. Let’s hope Vardy continues building some form. We are back to the KPP structure of early last year, 2 x Rucks, 2 x Key Forwards and 2 x Key Defenders. Yeo and Hurn will be big outs... but hopeful we can scratch out a win :)

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Whilst it would be foolish to rule us out completely, given recent form and ladder positions it is highly unlikely we will win this one. Your second half last week comes to mind, it was scary good.

We are running out with our weakest midfield in over a decade so that just make things even harder. And Sinclair, who is a poor tap ruckman at the best of times, is equally ineffective around the ground this year as well. We are getting smashed around the stoppages and it has been quite sobering to be honest.

I reckon West Coast by 4-5 goals.
That's a sobering profile pic!?
In perspective, we looked 'scary good' against a lower positioned side, at home.
With hindsight, Sinclair made a good decision to leave when he did, not so good for Sydney though.
Don't forget, you have laid a trap for us and will be targeting Jetta amongst others?
Hurn is out and Yeo might be rounding up the ducks n' drakes?
I agree it would be foolish to rule you out and our history there is a concern.
Just have a gut feeling (can be rancid at times) on this one- am feeling reckless and reckon Eagles
have the strategies this year, and the grunt to bury another Hoodoo! (but wouldn't place a bet on it)

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Made a mistake playing 2 rucks i think

We have named two rucks.

Yet to play two rucks.

I don't have a massive issue swapping Oscar for a legitimate ruck. SCG is very small and Oscar uses his mobility and space. SCG games are a slug fest and space is closed down. Winning those ruck taps to advantage is a major plus v Swans at the SCG.

Also Vardy in the past has been very good at dropping back across half back and plugging the space. Has taken some good intercept marks in the past, not so much this season. Maybe we drop a ruck back to cover Buddy on the lead as chances are he will get out in front leading against Schoi.

I'd go with the one ruck and another mid who can win their own ball. If Yeo is out Ah chee is in. If Yeo plays swap a ruck for Ah chee.

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner
We have named two rucks.

Yet to play two rucks.

I don't have a massive issue swapping Oscar for a legitimate ruck. SCG is very small and Oscar uses his mobility and space. SCG games are a slug fest and space is closed down. Winning those ruck taps to advantage is a major plus v Swans at the SCG.

Also Vardy in the past has been very good at dropping back across half back and plugging the space. Has taken some good intercept marks in the past, not so much this season. Maybe we drop a ruck back to cover Buddy on the lead as chances are he will get out in front leading against Schoi.

I'd go with the one ruck and another mid who can win their own ball. If Yeo is out Ah chee is in. If Yeo plays swap a ruck for Ah chee.
Hickey and Vardy are both top 5 in our club for contested possession rates and Hickey is top 5 for stoppage clearances. Don’t mind both of them playing at the SCG

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Obviously playing two rucks as almost a like for like replacement for the role Allen has been playing.

Edit: Just looked a couple of posts up and this talking point has been done to death already...

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Hickey was in good form before he was injured. I'm keen to see what he can bring since our midfield has stepped up, though it may take a week to return to full match fitness.

Spoon_Man

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Vikings, USC
Hungrytiger your continued inability to stay on topic in changes threads has been derailing threads all year.

Your ability to post in changes threads for the rest of the season is being removed.

thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-lets-see-if-it-pays-39097069.png

Back