Opinion Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just happy to see we've rewarded someone showing SANFL form straight away, the easy selection would have been Woodcock again.
Hartlett is bloody lucky but he's the most obvious replacement for Jones.
Bit tough on Ladhams but Marshall was always going to come straight back in.

FB: DBJ McKenzie Jonas
HB: Lienert AA Burton Int: Hartlett
C: Bergman Drew Amon Int: Farrell
HF: Rozee Marshall Motlop
FF: Williams Dixon Georgiades Int: SPP
R: Lycett Wines Boak Int: Houston

Gray -> Williams
Clurey -> Lienert
Duursma -> Farrel, Bergman to Bench
Fantasia -> SPP
Butters -> Hartlett/Bergman

I'd say we're 5 players away from our best 22.

Joel Garner saw Hammer into the 22 and got PTSD from the Broadbent vs Garner days.
The thing with this is that Lachie Jones shifted forward last week even before Hartlett replaced Gray. So we're not down a half back flanker, we're down a defensive forward flanker thingie. I think that hurts Garner as an option to come in for Jones.

The thing with this is that Lachie Jones shifted forward last week even before Hartlett replaced Gray. So we're not down a half back flanker, we're down a defensive forward flanker thingie. I think that hurts Garner as an option to come in for Jones.
I reckon Bergman could do that.

Hi Port fans. Could not find your Supercoach thread. Thought I would be a smart ass and chuck SPP in my team after scoring 110 and 130 which he promptly followed with a 50 and 40 point effort. What roles is he playing and is his scoring likely to improve with Gray out? Cheers MS and good luck for the rest of the year.

Ladhams was unlucky. Carried the ruck for 4 weeks and then was shoved into a different role where he still got 15 possessions and 6 tackles (equal se.ond highest in the team) The fact Sydney only have Hickey may have counted against him, and the fact Ken loves Marshall. Marshall better do something this week
A mate told me Todd lives with Ken and is dating one of his kids.

FB: DBJ McKenzie Jonas
HB: Lienert AA Burton Int: Hartlett
C: Bergman Drew Amon Int: Farrell
HF: Rozee Marshall Motlop
FF: Williams Dixon Georgiades Int: SPP
R: Lycett Wines Boak Int: Houston

Gray -> Williams
Clurey -> Lienert
Duursma -> Farrel, Bergman to Bench
Fantasia -> SPP
Butters -> Hartlett/Bergman

I'd say we're 5 players away from our best 22.
My only concern is players coming back so late in the season. We’re all thinking they will be the difference but will they find touch quickly is the question.

I would suggest history would say no

My only concern is players coming back so late in the season. We’re all thinking they will be the difference but will they find touch quickly is the question.

I would suggest history would say no
it wont matter who comes back in the season because we won't win a premiership under coke zero chugging Ken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering all of our coaches have been saying that when all of Dixon, Georgiades and Marshall are available they will be picked over any alternative for months. No one should be confused about Ladhams's omission.
Earlier in the week we had Tom Jonas doing media talking about Marshall as a replacement for Robbie Gray in the forward line.

I'm probably team Ladhams at the moment. Both him and Todd are not clunking their marks up forward which is frustrating, but Pete is a much better 2nd ruck. With Mitch and Charlie up forward our priority is getting out of the middle

It's not really any of our business and everyone knows Todd's story and the difficulties he has faced, but the favouritism from the coach is very clear and nobody in the squad has a bigger gold pass than he does. The decision to pick him ahead of Georgiades in round 1 was very questionable based on pre season form and the stupidity of it was only saved by a lucky late call up for Georgiades in round 2 - if not, who knows how long we may have had to wait to see Georgiades in the team.

His form in the second half of 2020 was terrible and contributed to our PF loss.

As it turns out, Ken doesn't hate talls. He just has favourites.

We're a better side when playing 3 genuine KPFs and playing Dixon as backup ruck than we are playing Ladhams who is a passenger as a forward.

Is Ladhams a passenger up forward? He averages 0.5 goals a game compared to Marshall's 1 goal a game, which seems pretty equivalent when you consider the amount of time Ladhams spends in ruck.

To be honest. Ladhams is an inferior version of Scott Lycett. Ladhams is good at second efforts but doesn't add the big body and presence that Lycett offers. I think Ladhams has done OK and his time will come in another year or two when he is backing up Hayes. I'm glad Dylan Williams is getting his chance. Let's hope he plays better at an elite level. I suspect he will go ok. I just feel sorry for Hayes. He has had the best form of all players fairly consistently but hasn't been rewarded.

Is Ladhams a passenger up forward? He averages 0.5 goals a game compared to Marshall's 1 goal a game, which seems pretty equivalent when you consider the amount of time Ladhams spends in ruck.
With ball in hand Marshall uses it better than Ladhams. Marshall seems to be more of a team player. I think Ladhams blazes away a few too many times. He does have a long kick so in the future he may become a weapon but for now, he hasn't been accurate enough...

He's a passenger as a key forward.

0.4 marks inside 50 to Todd's 1.7.

I guess it depends what you want out of your 3rd tall but I'd like them to be a key forward, not a tall midfielder.

Edit: I know he's played 1st ruck for 4 games, but that's still less than a mark inside 50 per game as a ruck/fwd

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back