Opinion Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Raz I read will be another week.
Good to see Williams put together 4 quarters today. Must come in for Gray.
It cannot be Bonner. If he comes in I will honestly ring the club and lose my s**t.
Hayes battled today but would still like to see him in our forward line. Could be such a weapon

I've got no problem with Hartlett coming into the side - as soon as Gray got injured it was Jones who was shifted forward. He's not better than Jones, but he's better than Garner or whoever else we would bring in to replace Jones. Plus the game is being played on the smaller Adelaide Oval which can hide his lack of speed.

Fantasia should be right to come in for Gray.

Marshall should come in for Ladhams - the 'advantage' of playing two rucks is negated by the fact that Ladhams isn't a dominant presence around the ground.

Williams I'd include in the side as well, but only as the sub. He doesn't have the tank to get through an entire game of AFL at this stage of his career, but 6 goals should be rewarded with some form of acknowledgement.

I think Ken will bring Hartlett straight back in now that Jones is injured.
Hartlett looked ok coming on as sub and we all know Ken won’t make many changes anyway.
I think we’ll see Jones, Gray and Ladhams out, Hartlett, Marshall and Woodcock in.
Personally would like to see Garner get another shot and from what people have said maybe give Williams a go. Don’t really mind if we keep Ladhams and not pick Marshall, unpopular opinion I know, but I think Ladhams is improving and I think he plays better in tandem with Lycett.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Williams I'd include in the side as well, but only as the sub. He doesn't have the tank to get through an entire game of AFL at this stage of his career, but 6 goals should be rewarded with some form of acknowledgement.
That's the worst possible thing we could do with Williams. Ideally I'd like to see him get a proper AFL game, but given the choice I'd much rather see him get a full game at SANFL level than risk him getting no gametime at all.

Last edited:
I would love to see Williams as much as everyone else, but you know it will be Hartlett and Marshall for Jones and Gray.

Personally, i can handle Hartlett coming back purely because of the players we have out, I am also happy for Marshall to come back (but at the expense of Ladhams), but Williams should come in for Robbie. Its not like Robbie is great at pressure up forward either - its almost the ideal swap.

If i see Woodcock in I will be sick.

Not sure where to put this? Due to the COVID outbreaks in Sydney shouldn’t the Swans start thinking about hopping on an Adelaide bound plane post haste.
I could possibly see this game being postponed.
The dogs are already in Perth for their Sunday clash against the WCE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got it as Hartlett, Marshall and Williams for Jones, Ladhams and Gray at the moment.
If Orazio is fit he comes in for Farrell.
If Clurey is fit he goes in for Lienert and McKenzie plays a more half back flanker type role.
I think we are going to have another go at the tall forward line.

Im expecting Marshall to come in and Ladhams to stay.

Williams will be asked to back it up and could then come in for Ladhams or Marshall.

From Bassetts comments it seems like they thing of Williams as more a tall than a small.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we are going to have another go at the tall forward line.

Im expecting Marshall to come in and Ladhams to stay.

Williams will be asked to back it up and could then come in for Ladhams or Marshall.

From Bassetts comments it seems like they thing of Williams as more a tall than a small.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like Garner 'stay in the 'SANFL' until you cop an injury...

Not sure where to put this? Due to the COVID outbreaks in Sydney shouldn’t the Swans start thinking about hopping on an Adelaide bound plane post haste.
I could possibly see this game being postponed.
The dogs are already in Perth for their Sunday clash against the WCE

Considering the outbreak is in eastern suburbs, where most of the Swans players live…. You raise a very interesting point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back